President Skroob
    Jan 2006

What wet/muddy tire for AZ

I did McDowell race tracks yesterday since it rained and is in the tentative forecast for Saturday and my tires didn't cover it.

I run Maxxis High Roller in the front and Maxxis Larson in the rear. I was thinking of picking up a set of Medusas but the guys at my LBS recommended the Specialized Resolutions. I wouldn't mind you opinions on the subject. Normally I would just stay home but I am going to race rain or shine.

What tires do you prefer for wet/muddy conditions here in Arizona?

Low speed, High Drag
    I've got a Resolution on the front of my 29er, and love it. However, I think I read over on the 29er forum, that they were a terrible wet condition tire. You might do a search, or try to get a hold of downhillfaster, he rode yesterday, and has 'em front and rear on his bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    since the "mud" out there is like riding in pourage... I'd look for a spike type tread pattern... something like the IRC Stingo... or, and old Porcupine if you could find 'em.

Good luck.
    My bikes, Slayer 70 and Switch 2

Dirty Monkey
    Neither accuweather.com nor weather.com has rain even remotely predicted for this Saturday. Both say sunny and 68. I would not think, with the little rain we do get, that a tire for mud would be that big a deal.
    [SIZE="3"]"May The Schwartz Be With You!"[/SIZE]

Newbie...yeah that's it
    I rode McDowell in the rain last week with IRC Mythos. I had no slippage and the course doesn't get muddy, mostly just wet, even the spots that had puddles were not muddy.