mtbr member
    May 2006

What time does South Mountain really close???

(48th and Guadalupe) I realize that the sign says gates close at 7pm but I've been there past 730 and they are both still wide open.. I want to go for a night ride but I'm not sure if it's a good idea... any thoughts/ comments/ concerns?

Saucy Size Moderator
    Close?

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hhmm.. There is a couple of gates and a guard shack there. Are they just always left open?

mtbr member

They do patrol and close that gate

But sometimes not until around 8:00 or 9:00 pm. You can park just outside the gate if need be...
    Just Ride!

Saucy Size Moderator
    The only thing that closes @ SoMo is the gate, and that's whenever they feel like doing it. The trails are open 24/7. If you want to ride there after hours, park at the school off Warner and ride in from that lot.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Gates

You can always get out of the gate on the right if your leaving just don't back up over the tire teeth or what ever their called . I don't believe their is a gate on that side. Don't drive in on that side if you get their later and if the entrance side is closed just park where Paul suggested.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Right on.. I was strarting to think that day after day of having to wait on lollygagers, someone would figure just leave that exit gate open. Expecting of course that nobody would sacrifice their tires just to park there, instead of the neigborhood that's close by.

I just got goth served!

Wink Used to keep a board in the back of my truck...

used to keep a wide board in the back of my truck to lay on the tire spikes and drive in after hours. Just have a friend stand on one end to keep 'em in place!
    insert witty comment here

mtbr member

Brian C.

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer
    used to keep a wide board in the back of my truck to lay on the tire spikes and drive in after hours. Just have a friend stand on one end to keep 'em in place!
    What is up? You in town or just spending time on the AZ board? How's your daughter?
    AKA: G-wat

I just got goth served!

hey!

Quote Originally Posted by bugaroo
    What is up? You in town or just spending time on the AZ board? How's your daughter?
    Just surfin the board. I will be moving to Tucson in November, but up in Seattle for now. The kiddo is doing well, but moving intop that whole pre-adolescent phase pretty fast (gulp). Overall, good. Hope life in the bugaro camp is good.
    insert witty comment here

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    If you want to ride there after hours, park at the school off Warner and ride in from that lot.
    Hmmm, where's this at? The only other spot I'm used to for DC's past Corpus Christi Church and then up the hill with the small pillars. Maybe that's where this is at, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer
    That's awesome. What's the point in closing the gate anyway? It just seems inconvenient as it doesn't prevent folks from coming in...and it's open 24/7.