Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 101 to 119 of 119
  1. #101
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,022
    I am Traildoc!

  2. #102
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,022
    no you're not..

  3. #103
    Red Rock Roller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Mellow out there Johnny come lately and go easy on throwing the word local around, I don't ever claim local status since I have only been in the area for 11 years. Then again it is very........Sedona of you to do so.
    Sorry there!!

    I didn't realize the respect and customs the "local community" were required to have, they must have left that part out at the title agency.

    You (pardon the label) must be of a Native American tribe. Cause to call me out on referring to myself as "local" they are the ones who have any right to correct me. If not, that's ok too, I'm also an American that lives in Arizona.

    I believe in self preservation, and part of that involves supporting my "local" community. I tried to give my support to the MTB users (when I thought I had enough info and experience) with volunteering, to the local businesses and LBS (MBH now FTBS) with purchases, and making friends within the community. I must say I am finding it rather difficult to support this community, but after this last comment, I am finding myself understanding as to the reason why. It's just sad!!!

    Who the heck taught you to be "sensitive" in such ways?

    RA, "If you find yourself talking to a wall, be thankful it's not a mirror"
    Personal quote: "If at first you don't succeed, critically re-think it and do."

  4. #104
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I am Traildoc!
    Type in bing "What is a traildoc".


  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,621
    Quote Originally Posted by RideNShine View Post
    Sorry there!!

    I didn't realize the respect and customs the "local community" were required to have, they must have left that part out at the title agency.

    You (pardon the label) must be of a Native American tribe. Cause to call me out on referring to myself as "local" they are the ones who have any right to correct me. If not, that's ok too, I'm also an American that lives in Arizona.

    I believe in self preservation, and part of that involves supporting my "local" community. I tried to give my support to the MTB users (when I thought I had enough info and experience) with volunteering, to the local businesses and LBS (MBH now FTBS) with purchases, and making friends within the community. I must say I am finding it rather difficult to support this community, but after this last comment, I am finding myself understanding as to the reason why. It's just sad!!!

    Who the heck taught you to be "sensitive" in such ways?

    RA, "If you find yourself talking to a wall, be thankful it's not a mirror"
    I didn't claim it, you did.

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,621
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    man its frustrating when i can't even figure out what the **** is going on in a thread to even be able to make a joke about it.
    Yep, I am completely lost but I think I did manage to hit a button just for fun!

  7. #107
    Red Rock Roller
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Yep, I am completely lost but I think I did manage to hit a button just for fun!
    No...you didn't.

    I just didn't know the "local" customs, now I do. So let me see if I understand what it is you are telling me about Sedona...If I'm walking around uptown after visiting the Fat Tire LBS, and a tourist asks me if I'm local, I should just smile and point in the direction of the nearest vortex.
    Personal quote: "If at first you don't succeed, critically re-think it and do."

  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,621
    Quote Originally Posted by RideNShine View Post
    No...you didn't.

    I just didn't know the "local" customs, now I do. So let me see if I understand what it is you are telling me about Sedona...If I'm walking around uptown after visiting the Fat Tire LBS, and a tourist asks me if I'm local, I should just smile and point in the direction of the nearest vortex.


    I like to wear headphones and appear as unapproachable as possible

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Eazy_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by RideNShine View Post
    No...you didn't.

    I just didn't know the "local" customs, now I do. So let me see if I understand what it is you are telling me about Sedona...If I'm walking around uptown after visiting the Fat Tire LBS, and a tourist asks me if I'm local, I should just smile and point in the direction of the nearest vortex.
    Has this been issued yet?



    Then you're a local.

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    350
    has the snow melted in Paradise aka Sedona yet?
    I want to ride Tomahawk before the long dark night sets in.
    TS

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,621
    Quote Originally Posted by m77ranger View Post
    I've been trying to convince raisingarizona to hook up with the new district ranger to speed things up in flag. He's not going for it.
    hahahah, dang that is f-d up but funny

  12. #112
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540

    Romantic Mountain Bike Novel?????

    I have just come back from riding one of our secret handshake user built trails that would test the skill level of any of the MTBR viewers monitoring this thread. We normally break at the halfway point and talk about current events. Well I was informing my riding buddy about the earth breaking news going on right around him. He was astounded but not totally surprised.

    We were thinking this would great book, you could make it a romantic mountain biking novel. My idea is to get Jennifer and Person X to sign the book and sell it at the local bike shops next to Rama's new book.

    I am not sure if you all know but Rama is contributing proceeds from the sale of his book to the Sedona Mountain Bike trail fund. So if you are ever in Sedona you might want to check it out. It is a good cause and will help us mitigate the obvious degradation of our trails from all the people flocking here in the coming years.

    I have been trying to come up with a good name for the book, but I am not very good at naming books, so I couldn't come up with anything special to stimulate future sales that will support the Sedona trail fund.

    RA I really think 77 was onto something that might be very helpful to moving your ball forward.

    TD

    TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 01-19-2013 at 09:40 PM.

  13. #113
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,776
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    I have just come back from riding one of out secret handshake user built trails that would test the skill level of any of the MTBR viewers monitoring this thread. We normally break at the halfway point and talk about current events. Well I was informing my riding buddy about the earth breaking news going on right around him. He was astounded but not totally surprised.

    We were thinking this would great book, you could make it a romantic mountain biking novel. My idea is to get Jennifer and Person X to sign the book and sell it at the local bike shops next to Rama's new book.

    I am not sure if you all know but Rama is contributing proceeds from the sale of his book to the Sedona Mountain Bike trail fund. So if you are ever in Sedona you might want to check it out. It is a good cause and will help us mitigate the obvious degradation of our trails from all the people flocking here in the coming years.

    I have been trying to come up with a good name for the book, but I am not very good at naming books, so I couldn't come up with anything special to stimulate future sales that will support the Sedona trail fund.

    RA I really think 77 was onto something that might be very helpful to moving your ball forward.

    TD

    TD
    Your book would reside in the fiction section correct?

  14. #114
    bland
    Reputation: m77ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by RideNShine View Post
    Let me put it to the forum another way so those who ask stupid questions and don't know how to read a profile, can learn to inform themselves, or be more considerate.

    I own and live in a house within the city limits of Sedona, look it up it's public record. I have been living there since 06/12', so to answer your question...First generation, neighbor.
    As a local whose family has been here for at least 45 generations I'm going to go ahead and label you as "permanent tourist." You can re-apply for local status in 2 generations.

  15. #115
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    Your book would reside in the fiction section correct?
    64:

    Once again you are wrong, the book would obviously be in the non-fiction section. In order for that to take place Jennifer's boyfriend and about nine other user-built trail builders would have to go be kicked out of the National Forest for about 100 years.

    At one time the ten of us were all good friends then came BDJ and everything changed. Now we are all sitting back watching the Sedrama play it self out. Once again I would still like to be the trail boss of Anaconda, but Rama has taken over that spot, so maybe something like Special Ed would be cool, but rockman said the FS was closing that, so maybe Tequilla Sunrise, but I think Justin said they were going to close that because of the Agave pit.

  16. #116
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,776
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    64:

    Once again you are wrong, the book would obviously be in the non-fiction section. In order for that to take place Jennifer's boyfriend and about nine other user-built trail builders would have to go be kicked out of the National Forest for about 100 years.

    At one time the ten of us were all good friends then came BDJ and everything changed. Now we are all sitting back watching the Sedrama play it self out. Once again I would still like to be the trail boss of Anaconda, but Rama has taken over that spot, so maybe something like Special Ed would be cool, but rockman said the FS was closing that, so maybe Tequilla Sunrise, but I think Justin said they were going to close that because of the Agave pit.
    I'm thinking with you being the author and your past history! It has to be in the fiction section.

    Now if you turn it over to someone that is creditable! Then it could slide into the non-fiction section. Heck it can become a spin off of Buck Wild, Easy_E can star in it for you.

    Seems to me you're not needed and they would like to keep it that way.

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    106
    Damn....I LOVE the Arizona opera forum. Maybe you guys could set it to music, kinda like a rock opera

  18. #118
    SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Reputation: longhairmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,417
    Savatage already did that...

  19. #119
    Mtn Biker
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    22
    Trail Doc, It's your time to be the FS target...I paid my dues and was the target for the better part of 2 decades...I am happy to hand over the torch...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •