Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    banned

Riding Without the Traildoc

Tonight I had dinner with an old friend that had pioneered the art of classic old school Sedona bushwhacking. I was showing him a new Garmin mapware that shows all the Sedona trails that visiting advanced tourons would like to ride.

This mapware allows visiting riders to be their own tour guide of the really fun mountain biking trails. I have been trying to help the permitted outfitters get access to our most recently adopted trails that Jennifer's boyfriend built and what I am trying to do is get those trails certified for outfitter use.

I have tried to contact the outfitters to see how things are working with the FS, and I get no return calls, so I have come to the conclusion they have all gone out of business, and there needs to be a substitute for their absence.

Anyway if a rider has their own GPS or wants to buy one to learn how it can be used to guide you on the spaghetti like Sedona trails, that is my goal. As time goes on I will be providing TD recommended loops using Jennifer's Boyfriends Trails (JBT). All recommended loops are JBT certified and this certification will guarantee as least every loop will contain at least four of JBT certified trails. A normal loop will usually consist of 12 trails that will pass probably 10 unmarked intersections and 4 to 5 marked intersections.

So you kind of get the picture you can either wander around for 3 or 4 days on your hard earned Sedona mountain bike vacation, or you can allow me to provide you with the tools to be your own professional guide instantly.

Many times I get a PM from friends or individuals coming to Sedona for the first time. Several times I have been unavailable to show people around on a great ride and now I can be their guide without even riding with them.

I use to believe I was the only one who knew most if not all JBT trails and tonight that long time pioneer friend told me about another JBT trail that I had never known the person who built it. We actually rode the bottom half of the trail last Sunday and it rode real nice. The top half was always super gnarly, and it would be interesting how it currently rides.

The trail could be incorporated into a real nice 400+ elevation drop ride for those riders who don't like much uphill, but like more technical downhill. Anyway give the idea some thought.

Red Rock Roller
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    RideNShine, is that like f#$k then blow? How did you come up with that? Who are you?
    Uuuuuuuh...I was being sarcastic... Sedona local and you?
    Personal quote: "If at first you don't succeed, critically re-think it and do."

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    man its frustrating when i can't even figure out what the **** is going on in a thread to even be able to make a joke about it.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    man its frustrating when i can't even figure out what the **** is going on in a thread to even be able to make a joke about it.
    lhm:

Mike :

I understand your frustration, I also am frustrated. The reason we don't want to disclose Jennifer's boyfriend's (JB) name is, that doing so would instantly put him into a celebrity status due to his good work. In Sedona we have an uptick of paperatcy looking for him. Her boyfriend is a very shy and does not want to suffer the onslaught of requests from mountain biking publications from all of the world for interviews as to how he pulled off this unbelievable feat.

I is easy to understand why guys like Eazy_E, Cycle64 & Phillbo don't believe this could possibly happen. There is actually some more to the story that happened after
    BDJ that would not be appreciated by Jennifer, if she found out about it. Jennifer can be pretty unforgiving and if her boyfriend ever falls out of her favor he better head out of town quickly.

We would have never have had to have gotten to this point if I had been treated fairly. I spent my time restricted from the forest I love for six months, I paid a substantial fine for misjudging my trust in Jennifer. I do appreciate MTBR for letting me tell this story to get the record straight. It has been a tough sled for me, and I hope to get it by me sooner rather than later.

Without the internet it would have been impossible to get the word out about this matter. Can you imagine sending out letters to all the interested parties. Then trying to get them to write and send a letter back to me, it would have been crazy and very expensive.

I mean we are talking about a trail enhancement, not murder, not rape, not armed robbery, not assault, not shoplifting, not selling dope, not arson, not smoking dope, not drunken driving and not walking my dog off leash.

I would appreciate your prayers regarding this injustice.

Meatbomb

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    I is easy to understand why guys like Eazy_E, Cycle64 & Phillbo don't believe this could possibly happen. There is actually some more to the story that happened after
    BDJ that would not be appreciated by Jennifer, if she found out about it. Jennifer can be pretty unforgiving and if her boyfriend ever falls out of her favor he better head out of town quickly.
    Is this claim factual or another one of your misleading half truths to make yourself feel persecuted?

When was it MTBR became the poor me Dear Abby forum for all things TD?
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    Is this claim factual or another one of your misleading half truths to make yourself feel persecuted?

Agree. We need less Dear Abby and more Dear Penthouse around here.

banned

I am afraid it is and I probably shouldn't have said anything, but when I am being discriminated against because I was a past misdemeanor guy in the eyes of Jennifer and Heather, I truly believe her boyfriend is being shown favoritism. If I don't fight fire with fire how can there ever be any final closure?

I tried asking nicely when I called Adrian and asked her if I could adopt Anaconda. She said she would be happy to work with me (Adrian is a very sweet person and is trying her hardest to do a good job and the right thing), but as we all know she had to push it up to Jennifer and Heather which I totally understand.

Now by now we all know Jennifer had to know her boyfriend built at least ONE user built trail (because I reminded her he was the number one trail builder in Sedona BDJ several times) in Sedona, I never told her he built ten or more because I didn't want her to chop off his you know what, but that was the reality. So that brings us to the point we are now at.

We all know there has been other mountain bike areas (Bend, Jackson Hole, Moab, Downieville, etc) that the mountain bikers have not sat around waiting for the landmanager to think of them as a primary user rather than a secondary user. If you read Rama's new book you will get the real story about the history of Sedona mountain biking from his perspective not mine, and I think you will come to the same conclusion as I have.

You of all people might want to take the time to read it. It is fast becoming the number one mountain bike history books to read. Note that the author has a disclaimer in the book, so hopefully everyone discussed in the book won't go to prison, but it gives you an idea how a place similar to Sedona went through an interesting time period of mountain bike history.

Meatbomb

Now by now we all know Jennifer had to know her boyfriend built at least ONE user built trail (because I reminded her he was the number one trail builder in Sedona BDJ several times) in Sedona, I never told her he built ten or more because I didn't want her to chop off his you know what, but that was the reality. So that brings us to the point we are now at.

Another one gets thrown under the bus.

Meatbomb
    WTF does BDJ stand for ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    WTF does BDJ stand for ?
    ....what traildock's wife doesn't do for him anymore!
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    WTF does BDJ stand for ?
    Phillbo:

If you didn't have your ignore button on you would not be asking the question. Go back and read my last five posts in entirety. It is a very important time period in the Sedrama mountain bike history.

TD

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I am afraid it is

(didn't read).

w a place similar to Sedona went through an interesting time period of mountain bike history.
    Hohehohoho........demonstrate to the entire internet you're a liar and marginalize yourself. Nice work there, ace!
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

Shovel Ready
    I am afraid it is and I probably shouldn't have said anything, but when I am being discriminated against because I was a past misdemeanor guy in the eyes of Jennifer and Heather, I truly believe her boyfriend is being shown favoritism. If I don't fight fire with fire how can there ever be any final closure?

I tried asking nicely when I called Adrian and asked her if I could adopt Anaconda. She said she would be happy to work with me (Adrian is a very sweet person and is trying her hardest to do a good job and the right thing), but as we all know she had to push it up to Jennifer and Heather which I totally understand.

We all know there has been other mountain bike areas (Bend, Jackson Hole, Moab, Downieville, etc) that the mountain bikers have not sat around waiting for the landmanager to think of them as a primary user rather than a secondary user. If you read Rama's new book you will get the real story about the history of Sedona mountain biking from his perspective not mine, and I think you will come to the same conclusion as I have.

You of all people might want to take the time to read it. It is fast becoming the number one mountain bike history books to read. Note that the author has a disclaimer in the book, so hopefully everyone discussed in the book won't go to prison, but it gives you an idea how a place similar to Sedona went through an interesting time period of mountain bike history.
    Again I ask, how do we know this is the truth as you have mislead before!

The poor me thing is a little old, but if you want to hang on to it, it's your call.

bland
    I've been trying to convince raisingarizona to hook up with the new district ranger to speed things up in flag. He's not going for it.

banned
    Again I ask, how do we know this is the truth as you have mislead before!

The poor me thing is a little old, but if you want to hang on to it, it's your call.
    64:

You obviously will never believe ANYTHING I type is true, but let me give you one other bit of information. The 130+ miles of new user built mountain bike trails since 1995 were not all routed by Jennifer's boyfriend. We are not going to give him all the CREDIT for riding in all those favored hiking and mountain biking routes. Let's say he should get credit for 15 to 20 miles maybe a little less who knows, but certainly more than fourteen.

One of his first trails was adopted over fifteen years ago. It is a piece of crap mountain bike trail and may still be showcased in Cosmic Rays Fat Tire Guide book, but it is not my recommended ride that is for sure.

Anyway to get to my point, before Jennifer thru me under the bus Jennifer's boyfriend and I were good friends. Due to his shyness in the early days you didn't see much of him. After his spent a busy day at work he would take his beloved dogs on a hike all over Sedona. Are you getting the picture yet?

During his hikes he would experience the same SIGHTINGS the native americans use to experience in those same spots while hunting game or taking their girl friends for a roll in the cactus.

Now 64 what do you think he found when he went on those dog off leash (is that a misdemeanor?) HIKES? To Be Continued
    Last edited by traildoc; 01-19-2013 at 09:15 PM.

mtbr member
    His name is Phil?

All this gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands and his name is Phil?

FML....

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RideNShine View Post
    Uuuuuuuh...I was being sarcastic... Sedona local and you?
    Local? How many generations?

banned

Hypocricy??????????? Favoritism???????? Discrimination??????

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy_E View Post
    His name is Phil?

FML....
    Wrong again Eazy, or are you a snitch? How could it possibly be Phil? Phil is the number one FS volunteer worker since BDJ, how could that be possible? You can't possibly be a user built trail builder and work for Jennifer and Heather it just isn't RIGHT, right?

TD

Red Rock Roller
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Local? How many generations?
    Let me put it to the forum another way so those who ask stupid questions and don't know how to read a profile, can learn to inform themselves, or be more considerate.

I own and live in a house within the city limits of Sedona, look it up it's public record. I have been living there since 06/12', so to answer your question...First generation, neighbor.

Red Rock Roller
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy_E View Post
    His name is Phil?

FML....
    Hey who the heck is Phil? I thought we were going to call it "Steve"! Steve is nice, I like Steve.

Ok...Ok... We'll call it "Phil" but can we call it Phil Collins? I like Genesis!!

Red Rock Roller
    Apr 2012
    Wait you don't mean phillbo?

mtbr member

Anyway to get to my point, before Jennifer thru me under the bus Phil and I were good friends. Do to his shyness in the early days you didn't see much of him. After his spent a busy day at work he would take his beloved dogs on a hike all over Sedona. Are you getting the picture yet?
    How is that guy's name not Phil?

Shovel Ready
    To protect the innocent, subject will be referred to as Person X.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RideNShine View Post
    Let me put it to the forum another way so those who ask stupid questions and don't know how to read a profile, can learn to inform themselves, or be more considerate.

I own and live in a house within the city limits of Sedona, look it up it's public record. I have been living there since 06/12', so to answer your question...First generation, neighbor.
    Mellow out there Johnny come lately and go easy on throwing the word local around, I don't ever claim local status since I have only been in the area for 11 years. Then again it is very........Sedona of you to do so.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast