Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shovel Ready

What the heck happened to the tire thread.

What did you say Yeti about the 2.3 Eskar S-WORKS 2Bliss Ready Tire?
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    What did you say Yeti about the 2.3 Eskar S-WORKS 2Bliss Ready Tire?
    Somebody from the 29er forum hit the "Report This Post" button.
    Rarely adds anything productive to threads

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Somebody from the 29er forum hit the "Report This Post" button.
    That bastage!

banned
    That bastage!
    We need a "paid spam- One less 29er stickers in stock" thread... Posted in the 29er forum of course.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensitive
    sounds like some butt hurt. All over a sticker........
    Of the "drawing a penis on your car hood" variety?

Saucy Size Moderator
    Gregg pulled it because it was started by a sockpuppet account. Carry on over here.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

workin' it Administrator
    so yeah try the dissents Heavy and sticky. Manly some might even venture to say.

Definitely not leadville tires but AZ tires. pimp.
    Try this: HTFU

banned
    How are the Gaex tires? I tried the DH ones with mixed results. Nice tires but finicky and don't like water.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    How are the Gaex tires? I tried the DH ones with mixed results. Nice tires but finicky and don't like water.
    Saguaro seems to be working fine on the rear. But again I have 3 rides on it as I had just installed it when the knee went.

Buddy just suggested the Specialized Purgatory 2.4. But everyone seems out of stock on that tire. What the store over by SOMO that stocks Specialized tires?

DNA Scottsdale has one.

workin' it Administrator
    I have used the saguaro until it wore out. Has more traction than any tire with that tread pattern should have. Wore ok, seemed to lose a lot of tread initially then held on for quite awhile until I replaced it.

They do have slice-prone sidewalls for some riders. I never had a problem but others sliced them almost immediately. The TNT version is infinitely better a sidewall strength and are highly suggested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    They do have slice-prone sidewalls for some riders. I never had a problem but others sliced them almost immediately. The TNT version is infinitely better a sidewall strength and are highly suggested.
    I got about 4 rides out of mine before I sliced the sidewall. Up to that point, I liked it however...

workin' it Administrator
    I got about 4 rides out of mine before I sliced the sidewall. Up to that point, I liked it however...

well maybe not infinitely better but perhaps 200% better as my friends were getting 2 rides out of them. I however did get many many months out of mine. Including the 24hrITOP laps with nary a hitch. They were pretty much bald when I retired them.

mtbr member
    well maybe not infinitely better but perhaps 200% better as my friends were getting 2 rides out of them. I however did get many many months out of mine. Including the 24hrITOP laps with nary a hitch. They were pretty much bald when I retired them.
    Could have just been bad luck. Some of the rocks out here are razor sharp.

Shovel Ready
    Could have just been bad luck. Some of the rocks out here are razor sharp.
    Thought you were just hanging out at the 32nd street drinking beer!

mtbr member
    Thought you were just hanging out at the 32nd street drinking beer!
    Whatever....I get there 2 mins late and the lushes had finihsed them.

banned
    Oh, so just like the Neuron and the DHEA. I sliced one DHEA and my Neuron is still good. However Posh and Sixty both have piles of sliced Neurons and DHEAs.

sprocket
    latecomer.

sprocket
    wow, that is amazing!

mtbr member
    Im riding some Continental Trail Kings 2.4...They are the best tires I've ever had...Only 26 bucks a piece @ Dominics 2 wheelers...

My other ride is your mom
    I've not had much luck with the Saguaro on rock....but I may have too narrow a rim....I'm curious as to why folks here like the Saguaro. The tire just did not seem that compliant....but it sure wears ok.

It's a fast tire for sure and when I want to ride long and fast....I go with it on the rear...but it has always sketched me out anytime I ride some rock.....I'm starting to suspect from comments here that it's a completely different tire with a much wider rim than I'm currently on.

Case in point...I rode some Exiwolfs on my front and it washed out a lot....then I rode some Exiwolfs on a borrowed bike with a wider rim profile and loved it on the same terrain.

So what say you Saguaro lovers....what width rim are you running them on?

Shovel Ready
    I don't have enough time on the saguaro to offer a report. I hope the TNT version holds up better than what is being reported. I'm going to give a specialized purgatory 2.4 a try for a front tire. Heading out in a few to pick one up at DNA. If I'm lucky the insulin pump training won't take too long and I can get it mounted up tonight.

I don't think the tread compound is any different between the TNT and non TNT versions based on my experience with both.....it's just a sidewall and bead kind of thing. Obviously the TNT has beefier sidewalls, but the TNT bead also has ridges almost like a 3 bladed windshield wiper which really lock it in.....hence the gripe that it takes a 3 foot tire leaver to remove/install the GEAX TNT line.

mtbr member

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    I don't think the tread compound is any different between the TNT and non TNT versions based on my experience with both.....it's just a sidewall and bead kind of thing. Obviously the TNT has beefier sidewalls, but the TNT bead also has ridges almost like a 3 bladed windshield wiper which really lock it in.....hence the gripe that it takes a 3 foot tire leaver to remove/install the GEAX TNT line.
    On 26in version I didn't have the same issue. I saw others that were hard to get on though.

TNT has nothing to do with the sidewall. Its the TubeNoTube lineup. Run it with a rim strip, tubeless, or tube. One of the best tubeless mounting tires without question though.

Doesn't like cuts and it is a slippery brand of tire on wet rock.

TNT has nothing to do with the sidewall. Its the TubeNoTube lineup. Run it with a rim strip, tubeless, or tube. One of the best tubeless mounting tires without question though.

I respectively disagree....according to GEAX's website.....TNT has additional sidewall casing:

http://www.geax.com/en/technology/?cat=20&prod=77

The weight difference between the lines (TNT vs. non TNT) bears this out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast