parenting for gnarness

What can I ride around Heber - road, mtn, gravel?

I have to go to Heber to take kids to camp. is there anything I can ride? I'm at a loss for ideas with all the forest closures of what is open and safe. Road, mountain, gravel -- please AZ Forum help me not waste a trip up the Rim.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    I have to go to Heber to take kids to camp. is there anything I can ride? I'm at a loss for ideas with all the forest closures of what is open and safe. Road, mountain, gravel -- please AZ Forum help me not waste a trip up the Rim.
    Normally I would recommend trail 260 but it's closed. Looks like most of the forest north of the 260 in the Apache-Sitgreaves is still open. You could always ride gravel on the Rim Road.

If your willing to go to McNary, Los Burros is still open and one of the best trails in AZ.

proceed with caution
    a lot of the forest is closed, but if its not I would recommend Gravel and head south of the 260 and do some loops on the south side of 260 like a OAB to black canyon lake on black canyon lake road is not terrible (might be closed) or like FR50 behind south of the park or FR51. there is always the 300 as well that you can connect to and make lots of loops just from there. not too much traffic back in there, but be prepared for extremely dusty conditions and UTV traffic if it is open.

Hopefully you are going after the rains we are projected to get this week.

There are tons of forest gravel roads south of there for enjoyment. I have only scratched the surface of what there is there.

I would definitely call the ranger station in town to get an idea of what is open and not. chances are if there are houses on the road there will be access, but they are really tight on access especially after that fire that just burned north of Heber last week.