mtbr member

New question here. What is better than a Behemoth?

2 His and Hers Behemoths of course!!

My girlfriend Sharon's Behemoth "THE BEAST"
    Manitou Minute 120 fork/WTB Laserdisc hubs with flow rims/X9 Derailleur etc.

My new Behemoth "ORANGE CRUSH"
    Reba Team 120 with 20mm axle/Hadley 36 hole hubs with Flows/X9 Deraileur/Hayes Stroker Trail brakes/LX Cranks etc.

I love my new Hadley hubs!!

This has been a bit of a journey. I bought a 2005 long chainstay model that belonged originally to Mikesee, and with some good parts deals I built up a budget Behemoth. But I really hankered for a short chainstay model. I found the orange frame for sale by Bonesetter, and bought it for my girlfriend, then found the black frame for sale and bought it for me, and took the parts off the 2005 model and put it on there, and sold the 2005.(I also sold my Motolite)

Then we realized that the orange frame was actually a custom frame, because it had a 27.2 seatpost vs 30.9, and it was actually a little bigger frame than the black which is a medium, so we decided I would give the smaller black one to Sharon. About that time I broke the freewheel in the WTB Laserdisc hub. So there was only one thing to do.

Get me some Hadley hubs of course. Since I tend to kill freehubs, I splurged and got some 36hole Hadley hubs with Flow rims, and gold nipples, from Larry at Mountain High Cyclery. Rear hub had to be ordered, so it took about 5 weeks, but they are really nice!!

So we have been off the bikes for 5 weeks, while waiting on the wheels. I ordered parts for the WTB wheels and got them all fixed up for only $40. Got the Behemoth all set up now for Sharon to take over, and she is pretty excited about it.

Now I have Orange Crush all together, and tomorrow will be the first ride on it. 5 weeks off the bikes is going to hurt real bad!! But it is going to be a lot of fun to be out on new bikes for each of us. It is really going to be a change from the Motolites, especially for Sharon who has only 1 ride on the 2005 Behemoth. She rocked on it though, so I know she will take to the 29" wheels just fine.

Kathleen in AZ
    Well, I was going to say "a Behemoth and a Lunchbox" but His and Her Behemoths is pretty cool too. Glad you finally have them together and ready to ride. Don't forget to take pics tomorrow.

Tucson, AZ
    We need to have a Behemoth-Only Reunion ride with Krein....

"No Clue Crew"
    Nice looking pair of rides !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azepicriderandrunner
    We need to have a Behemoth-Only Reunion ride with Krein....
    Weren't you also getting one?

If so, how do you like it, and lets see it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite39
    Nice looking pair of rides !
    Thanks, now we have to start working on the engines!!

Scott in Tucson
    Chad's got his frame, but it's still a ways off from being built, and from its first 'techy taco' appearance.

Nice lookin' bikes. Welcome to Tucson new Behemoths, you will own the place...
    Author of TopoFusion GPS Software. MTB+backpacking = bikepacking.net. Ride Diary.