mtbr member

West side PMP Friday 10-22 if you're interested

Leaving the 7ave trailhead tomorrow morning about 5ish. Ride to to widowmaker via disneyland, then back to 7ave with minedrop loop thrown in if possible. Hope to be back at the parkinglot no later than 7:30.
    I think I'm not as good as I thought.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    FYI, don't leave a Toyota truck or SUV in that lot. Thieves have taken Toyota Catalytic converters from trucks parked in that lot and my guess is that they will strike again.

mtbr member
    From the park, or where 7ave dead ends north of Peoria?

I used to park at the central trailhead, but once October came around, it doesn't open unitll 6 so I've been going to Duck park.
    I've parked a Toyota truck in the north parking lot of the park a few times without incident, might not want to push my luck though. Hmmmm

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I've parked in the 7th (STREET not ave. sorry) parking lot hundreds of time without problems, but as it turns out it only takes one time for it to become a massive pain in the neck.

Catalytic converter theft happened a lot a few years ago, but it is starting to happen again because the price of precious metals has gone through the roof.

Just wanted to give you a heads up if you are in that area and park a truck where it is likely you won't return for awhile someone could swipe your cat.

mtbr member
    I appreciate the heads up. maybe I'll start at 7st instead. further away from the 'Slope.

No Clue Crew
    I just dropped my bike off at Slippery Pig this morning for some gear overhauling or I'd be in. They said my chain was at a .9 on their "scale" (I think that's what it was) which was WAY past time to replace it. Getting a new set of cogs in back, derraileur, chain, and all new cables. Hopefully it'll put me back to "new" so I'll be less pissed off when I ride.

Beetlejuice!
    Quote Originally Posted by General Havoc

Catalytic converter theft happened a lot a few years ago, but it is starting to happen again because the price of precious metals has gone through the roof.
    Yep mine got jacked 2 days ago at Phoenix College, along with another faculty member who lost two off his.
    "too weird to live, too rare to die" - HST
    "Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless *****" - Sheldon

mtbr member
    I don't mean to hijack, but where is the Mine Drop trailhead? I rode the west side of PMP for the first time today, and loved it, but the only decent place I knew to park was across thunderbird, right across from the Tr 25 entrance, which is where I started. Here was my route today. Riding up on the Rocky Ridge is a blast, by the way, at least after the long, hard climb up! (I had to hike quite a bit of it.)

More exploring PMP

EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking in Arizona
    The area from 7th St to Cave creek is a lot of fun! I plan on exploring more around there!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

T100

Ajmelin,
    I do T100 all the time but not sure what the different sections are called. Do you have a map or something that indicates what each section is?

mtbr member
    You were so close! If you look at the little pigtail that is the eastern most part of your ride, instead of making a u turn, follow that trail east so you parallel t-bird almost to cavereek road. The trail then goes south and if you look on your everytrail map just west of the 11868 on cavecreek road, you see the trail is green and kinda widens out, that is the top of "mine drop" follow it clockwise, and it'll take you right back to your pigtail, or you can connect with T100 near the valley with all of the desert broom bushes.
    Definatly a clockwise loop.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by samcerv
    Ajmelin,
    I do T100 all the time but not sure what the different sections are called. Do you have a map or something that indicates what each section is?
    Check out these two maps
    http://www.rinconranchadventures.com...inpreserve.jpg

http://singletrack.us/gallery/displa...album=54&pos=8

mtbr member

Good job!

Awesome! I'll try that out next time I'm out there, which might be tomorrow afternoon. I would go with y'all tomorrow morning, but I have a huge test.
    Thanks for the tip!

mtbr member
    Going out again tomorrow (Sunday). Same time, same-ish route.

"No Clue Crew"
    What's the details for tomorrow? I'm right here at the Thunderbird and Central trail head............Drew

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grave9
    What's the details for tomorrow? I'm right here at the Thunderbird and Central trail head............Drew
    I was planning on leaving the 7ave trail head at 5 and ride over to the widowmaker/birthday hill and back. Be done by 7:30 at the latest. Tomorrow I was going to do the the tapatillo loop clockwise on the way, and minedrop loop on the way back.
    Im getting all of these names from "Dale's PMP map", and the route is subject to change if others want. If you're up for getting up that early, let me know.

mtbr member
    Here's what I did last time out, roughly the same ride:

PMP 10/25/10

EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking near Glendale, Arizona