Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Were you videoTaping on Lost Dog This Morning ?

Note to the person video taping me on that first hill on Lost Dog near the junction with Taliesan... If it's not too much trouble, I would like a copy of that tape

I know its a long shot... maybe you do read this forum

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbAZ44 View Post
    Note to the person video taping me on that first hill on Lost Dog near the junction with Taliesan... If it's not too much trouble, I would like a copy of that tape

I know its a long shot... maybe you do read this forum
    That was me! I was not shooting video; rather, I was taking some pics of that hill, which is known as "Cardiac", because it was groomed quite a bit within the past few days.

I've got a few shots of you, and can e-mail them, or post them up...

BTW, since the rains trashed that section, that left line was the best way to get up; however, since they groomed up, it's a pretty easy shot straight up the middle!
    Ride more; post less...

Meatbomb
    Post up some pics.. I'd like to see what you are talking about.

Is Cardiac that old jeep road that goes up to the overlook when coming up from Taliesin trail ? Or is it that section that goes up to the quartz scar?

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post

Is Cardiac that old jeep road that goes up to the overlook when coming up from Taliesin trail ? Or is it that section that goes up to the quartz scar?
    The former...goes to the top after the juncture with Upper Quartz (which goes under the scar).

Still waiting to run into you out there, Phillbo!
    Ride more; post less...

Meatbomb
    I was up there about 7:45 this morning. I turned left at the top of Taliesin and went down Quartz.

I thought that section looked like it had been sanitized as well. I guess I was right.

If you ever run into me, I'll just be a blur as you zing past me.... I'm slow

mtbr member
    yeah either post up the photos of me or send them to me via private msg, or my email is mtbaz44@gmail.com... thanks walt !!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i was also baffled until i found this Videotape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    i was also baffled until i found this Videotape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    So that's what my great grand parents keep talking about.....

mtbr member
    something tells me y'all aren't that young... I'm 44, so it's hard to stop saying videotaping... Not sure if I am considered old..

I am Walt
    Here ya go, MtbAZ44...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Were you videoTaping on Lost Dog This Morning ?-mtbkaz44-1.jpg  

Were you videoTaping on Lost Dog This Morning ?-mtbkaz44-2.jpg  

Were you videoTaping on Lost Dog This Morning ?-mtbkaz44-3.jpg  

Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Looks like a lot of loose rocks are gone now. At least less than in mid August.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Meatbomb
    Well done 44... That section always kicks my ass.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    It's been cleaned as WaltAZ remarked on the trail... I was still able to make it up without stopping even before the cleaning ... Thats because I actually prefer to hit those chunky rocks on the sides anyway...

When its really loose... trying to get through the loose parts is a real *****..

looks like on the 3rd photo I took advantage of the cheaters that cleaned the area shame on me...

-Brian

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    Yep; most are gone...it's completely cleaned up from all the rains, and like it was after two years of being ridden in without a big storm to toss it. It's too bad, because it was a big challenge again, and it would have been interesting to see how it evolved.

The first pic below, and the second pic up above show a nice, smoothed out line, and it rolls even better than it looks.

The second pic below shows that you still have work to do towards the top, when you're starting to feel it, but even that is easier then it was...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Were you videoTaping on Lost Dog This Morning ?-cardiac-1.jpg  

Were you videoTaping on Lost Dog This Morning ?-cardiac-2.jpg  

Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Well done 44... That section always kicks my ass.
    thanks Phillbo

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I love that section even though I usually take twice as long as Walt to make it. One of these days ill remember actually stand and pedal up it instead of take the cheap and dirty granny gear way out

Vitamin Bike Added
    I ride there a lot. Philbo. Are you the one who rode up and down the back side of the sunrise peak trail twice last weekend and passed me (on a blue Kona Dawg)? I consider myself a good climber (though I ride flats/ DH pedals) and had a guy steamroll me on that climb and just about lap me on my way up (mind boggling climber)...don't suppose that was you?

Side note- if you ride there often we should ride some time.
    Keep the rubber side down

Meatbomb
    Uh... NO.. I doubt I could ride up the back side of Sunrise if given a 2 week head start. I'm old, slow, ugly and have a damaged hip. I don't boggle anyone's mind on a bike

mtbr member
    I never knew the proper name of that, I always called cheese grater cause if you fall going down it is going to chew you up. I think you all have passed me up since I have only cleared that thing twice. most times I am going so slow (I need a lower granny gear) I just fall over and look like a turtle on it's back.

Vitamin Bike Added
    Up the sunrise trail? Normally I ride up the backside then down the front (where I endure the dirty looks of hiker soccer moms) The front side has slightly more cheese grating potential, coming down the backside is almost disappointingly cake-like...nothing too steep or technical but certainly feel it on the climb.
    Keep the rubber side down

It's a slugfest!
    ....Would love to see the rest of Walts videotape collection....
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

mtbr member
    btw thanks Walt for the photos... I don't have too many photos of myself riding... I need more...

You know the expression that the 29ers make the small guys look even smaller... I think my big body makes the 29er look smaller... ... From the back side it looks like a 26er bike... very funny..

aka Diesel
    Now I'm going to lose my QOM going up Cardiac. I figured the carnage of the monsoon had fossilized my crown for at least a few more months, but now it's an easy shot to the top, that anyone could do half-asleep. I'm going out there tonight with a shovel and a hose.
    "People do not lack strength; they lack will" (Victor Hugo)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteKis View Post
    Now I'm going to lose my QOM going up Cardiac. I figured the carnage of the monsoon had fossilized my crown for at least a few more months, but now it's an easy shot to the top, that anyone could do half-asleep. I'm going out there tonight with a shovel and a hose.
    QOM = queen of mountain ?? Its really no change for me since I have always been able to go up the left side chunk with my 29er... And that section can't be changed unless someone brings some dynamite...

Never been able to get up it with my 26er...

Meatbomb
    I don't call it Cardiac.. I call it Cardiac Arrest

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast