Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    dirt visionary

Good job! Wed. 7/21 Globe Shuttles

Seeing if anyone has some time off this week and want to ride the pinals

Daniel is back in the game so its us 2 so far for tomorrow or any other day.
    Last edited by clockwork; 07-20-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: plans change
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    No shuttle for me but I did ride the stationary bike today. Couple more weeks and I hope to be good as new. Have a blast!

mtbr member
    I've got wednesday off...

dirt visionary
    Cool has your buddy gotten his derailuer hanger? Did he try cactus bike?

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowbutSure
    No shuttle for me but I did ride the stationary bike today. Couple more weeks and I hope to be good as new. Have a blast!
    heal up man!

mtbr member
    It said 6-7 days on the shipping... so we might stop by cactus today sometime

14D
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I'm off the next two days and some globe shuttles sound sweet. Assuming I can scrape up some gas money I'm down! PM sent

dirt visionary
    Cool will give you a buzz in a bit.

So far its

Clkwrk
    Daniel
    Dankycass +1?
    14D ?

room for 1 to have a seat OR room for 3 more if ya don't mind siting in the bed with out a comfy seat.

dirt visionary
    I would like to get up there as early as possible for some tackiness. I say meet at wally world in globe by 8am ? or earlier What say ye!

mtbr member
    Yah, the earlier the better, I'm gonna pack my **** now so I'm ready in the morning...

dirt visionary
    Just got back from a quick afternoon shred session. Fixed up the 2 big hills also

My phone isn't turning on so we'll have to assume everyone is one time tomorrow.

Also after we meet at wally world in globe at 8 we will head up the road to meet up with 14D.

dirt visionary
    14d here are your driving instructions

77 into globe left heading west on 60 . Left on hill street follow that to the stop sign take a right then at the next stop take a left go across the bridge and stay left . you are now on jessy hayes road stay on this until you see a right hand turn marked icehouse road follow that to kellner canyon and follow that to the fr55 writing in pic below.

Meet at the where the FR55 writing is.

dirt visionary
    Okay its 5 of us for tomorrow got room left if anyone wants to join.

No Clue Crew
    OK, I gotta know how all these damn "shuttles" work. I'm not knew to mountain biking, although I'm definitely no hard-core DHer, but just getting back into it after several years of laziness and I see Globe Shuttles, Sunrise Shuttles, everywhere is a shuttle...

How's it work? Is there a company that sits at that trailhead above and shuttles MTBers to the top of a mountain?

One of these days I'd like to join everyone but I know my skill level is not there. I'm sure no one wants some dumbfuk noob slowing the flow down. I'd have to get some armor, too...

dirt visionary
    Nope man I am just a rider with a truck who doesn't mind showing the goods to people while bettering my chances of getting more runs in a day. I will run shuttles anytime I am riding somewhere that we can shuttle . Doesn't matter if its south mountain, Globe or prescott . I generally accept donations towards gas and or driving a run or so . Driving 1 run is usually mandatory unless I don't know you enough to drive my truck with care.

However there is a group of riders who offer more of a service as far as shuttles and trips go .Haven't been on any of those as they seem to ask more than I am willing to pay to ride .

14D
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I gotta bail unfortunately. Got pretty banged up at the dirt jumps last night and I'm still too sore to ride. I'm usually off during the week so hopefully I can make it next time.

mtbr member
    gonna put some diesel in the tank, and pick up my buddy, cya guys in Globe

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    Nope man I am just a rider with a truck who doesn't mind showing the goods to people while bettering my chances of getting more runs in a day. I will run shuttles anytime I am riding somewhere that we can shuttle . Doesn't matter if its south mountain, Globe or prescott . I generally accept donations towards gas and or driving a run or so . Driving 1 run is usually mandatory unless I don't know you enough to drive my truck with care.
    That's cool. So, how do the logistics work? You load the truck up go to the top of the mountain and bike down. Now your truck is at the top and you're at the bottom...

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike
    That's cool. So, how do the logistics work? You load the truck up go to the top of the mountain and bike down. Now your truck is at the top and you're at the bottom...
    Simple everyone meets or rides to globe or the shuttle spot together. Then we load up into my truck leaving the vehicles at the bottom of the mountain so people can bail as they tire or get injured.

Once up top everyone but one rider unloads. The one rider drives down while the other riders ride down . Next trip someone else drives a turn and so forth. At the end of the day all riders end up at the bottom close to their ride so they can leave without driving to the top again just to get vehicles.

dirt visionary
    Another great day on the mountain. Freight train is rocking icehouse is ripping but most of the smoothed areas are rutted out from the recent heavy rains. Old ice house road is soo fast lines are getting really fast

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    Simple everyone meets or rides to globe or the shuttle spot together. Then we load up into my truck leaving the vehicles at the bottom of the mountain so people can bail as they tire or get injured.

Once up top everyone but one rider unloads. The one rider drives down while the other riders ride down . Next trip someone else drives a turn and so forth. At the end of the day all riders end up at the bottom close to their ride so they can leave without driving to the top again just to get vehicles.
    That's the only way I could think of it working...

dirt visionary
    works good as the driver each run is getting well needed rest after running many runs in a row. Like today we ended up with 4 guys by 2:30 we each had 3 runs in and each drove a run. That was with dropping in for first run at 9am , a long safety meeting and about a 45min lunch.

Me and my buddy also run solo runs and shuttle each other when no one else wants to ride. Well worth it Freight train down to pick up is 6.8 miles and 3300ft decent ice house is 5.8 miles to our pickup and 3098 ft decent, kellner is 7.9 miles and a 2900ft decent to our pickup and sixshooter is 7.1 miles to our pickup with 2800ft decent
    Last edited by clockwork; 07-21-2010 at 07:01 PM.

14D
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I'm bummed I missed it, but I think I might have a hernia from tire groin contact. Going to the doctor tomorrow to find out.

dirt visionary
    Okay . So who has the next days off . I am already itching to get back up there. I had at least a couple more runs in me today but I guess I have been running these trails so much I am conditioned for the altitude.

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by 14D
    I'm bummed I missed it, but I think I might have a hernia from tire groin contact. Going to the doctor tomorrow to find out.

Ouch ! been there and it was caught on tape out at nra sack got sucked up between the tire and rear arch because I was too far back for the impact I took. My junk hurt for days.

LMK when you can join next as we will be rocking globe until first good snow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast