Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

We want to sponsor riders..

I am a local rider (weekend warrior) and my wife and I are opening a business in the Valley called , The Drip Room. We will provide IV Vitamin Therapy. Many athletes enjoy these treatments for health, wellness and hydration. As a rider I would like to try and figure out if sponsoring riders is viable. Here are my questions.

1. What is standard for a sponsored rider, taking in consideration the company is new and growing? We are not GoDaddy

2. Is it difficult to find riders

3. Anyone interested in being sponsored or have a team looking for sponsorship?

Thanks in advance for your help.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    what kind of licensing and liability insurance do you need before opening a business where you administer IV injections for recreational purposes?
    something like that almost screams to authorities, health inspectors, and a line of injury attorneys stretching around the block.
    if you are not a licensed physician, you definitely want to make sure you have covered EVERY possible angle with an attorney.

banned
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    what kind of licensing and liability insurance do you need before opening a business where you administer IV injections for recreational purposes?
    something like that almost screams to authorities, health inspectors, and a line of injury attorneys stretching around the block.
    if you are not a licensed physician, you definitely want to make sure you have covered EVERY possible angle with an attorney.
    Looks like it works well for people who don't eat well and are in a good financial position. Potential benefits last about 24 hours, so it might be good for a bike race if you don't eat much a couple days before a race.

It would be interesting what the demographics need to be to make the business model work? Seems like you want to be closer to Hollywood than Phoenix.

It would be interesting if you could set the business up at the airport? You could administer the IV to wealthy travelers who are waiting for their flight.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i was referring not to the demand for the service, but more to the medical certification allowing you to legally pump your own mixture of stuff directly into someones veins and charge them for it.
    a huge chunk of prescription drug costs goes into the we're-going-to-get-our-butts-sued-eventually-by-someone jar

I am Bob
    Isn't this what took Michael Jackson from us?

mtbr member
    Thanks for the post. We are all covered on all angles. There is a ton of info on our Facebook site if you want to search it out. Hundreds of comments and tons of info. We operate with NMD's, MD's, RN's and have all the legal and licensing covered.

mtbr member
    It's also great for hydration and the B vitamins have a half life of 7 days and are flooded into your system on a cellular level. If you are curious about the demographics you can search out The Drip Room on FB. There are literally hundreds of comments and thousands of people that have already started getting geared up to come.

So any ideas on sponsoring racers?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    IV Vitamin Therapy has been around since the 70s. It's very safe. In order to legally administer these you must have a MD or NMD and the person starting the IV needs to be a registered nurse or a license that allows for IV's.

Any thoughts on a good way to find riders to sponsor?

Thanks

mtbr member
    ruzz-
    Had to check this out online, and you are right, there is a wealth of information out there on the subject, and a range of providers. I am sure you've looked into it, but have you also thought of partnering with a sports medicine/sports therapy practitioner? Seems to be the demographic you're going for. I am always DFL, and I just about pass out whenever I have blood drawn, so you wouldn't want to sponsor me, but I sure wish you and your wife success in this endeavor!
    "Bicycling...is the nearest approximation I know to the flight of birds." Louis Halle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GilaMonster View Post
    ruzz-
    Had to check this out online, and you are right, there is a wealth of information out there on the subject, and a range of providers. I am sure you've looked into it, but have you also thought of partnering with a sports medicine/sports therapy practitioner? Seems to be the demographic you're going for. I am always DFL, and I just about pass out whenever I have blood drawn, so you wouldn't want to sponsor me, but I sure wish you and your wife success in this endeavor!
    Gila Monster, we are looking at a variety of strategic partners. Everything from healthy eateries, gyms etc. There are a ton of natural synergies with our product. Thanks so much for the kind words! We are opening in 30-45 days and we are posting updates frequently on our FB site. Like the page and you'll get some good info. We don't over post.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I bet it's sweet for hangovers eh?

******ed or Branded??
    probably just show up to one of the local races coming up in the winter months, and just have a both open and you can do your recruiting there. Also going on Hookit.com it's a grassroots type of self sponsorship finding for athletes. Also going to local bike shops. My shops sponsors a few cycling clubs and always looking for more to add to the clubs sponsorship.
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    I bet it's sweet for hangovers eh?
    Yes, it is. Hangovers are not our target market but there are a ton of people wanting it.....who are we to judge?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    probably just show up to one of the local races coming up in the winter months, and just have a both open and you can do your recruiting there. Also going on Hookit.com it's a grassroots type of self sponsorship finding for athletes. Also going to local bike shops. My shops sponsors a few cycling clubs and always looking for more to add to the clubs sponsorship.
    Thanks!

Big Gulps, Alright!
    From a business standpoint: shouldn't you wait until you're profitable to spend cash sponsoring racers?

Elitest thrill junkie
    If I bring some of my frozen blood...
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

banned
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzz View Post
    It's also great for hydration and the B vitamins have a half life of 7 days and are flooded into your system on a cellular level. If you are curious about the demographics you can search out The Drip Room on FB. There are literally hundreds of comments and thousands of people that have already started getting geared up to come.

So any ideas on sponsoring racers?

Thanks!
    ruzz:

Is there any truth to this statement:

"The treatment of B12 deficiency, as has been established from studies done in the 1960s, is ORAL B12. That’s right. Pills. Injections of B12 are not necessary—oral supplements work well, even in pernicious anemia. They’re cheap and they work. I suppose a very rare patient, say one who has surgically lost most of their gut, could require injections. But the vast majority of people with genuine B12 deficiency can get all of the B12 they need through eating foods or swallowing supplements. No needles needed."

Are there other B deficiencies that can only be addressed with IV therapy?

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    a free coffee enema with the deluxe spa package

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
    From a business standpoint: shouldn't you wait until you're profitable to spend cash sponsoring racers?
    Not in this scenario. We have budgeted for certain types of marketing. Rider sponsorships, race sponsorships, booths at events and many other marketing efforts are in the budget. But your point is reasonable and many business would wait.

THanks

mtbr member
    Individual cases may vary but generally anything taken orally a large portion is destroyed by the stomach acids and the body is not able to absorb making it the least effective method of absorption. The second best method for absorption is IM (intra-muscular injection) and maximum absorption can only be achieved by IV. by the body
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeMtnBiker View Post
    ruzz:

Is there any truth to this statement:

"The treatment of B12 deficiency, as has been established from studies done in the 1960s, is ORAL B12. That’s right. Pills. Injections of B12 are not necessary—oral supplements work well, even in pernicious anemia. They’re cheap and they work. I suppose a very rare patient, say one who has surgically lost most of their gut, could require injections. But the vast majority of people with genuine B12 deficiency can get all of the B12 they need through eating foods or swallowing supplements. No needles needed."

Are there other B deficiencies that can only be addressed with IV therapy?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    PM sent

banned
    Jul 2013

mike:

I think you went off topic, the discussion is about the benefits of IV vitamin therapy for mountain bikers in a race situation and how the OP could provide the IV for free or maybe a reduced price.

Maybe the OP could let the MTBR members who are viewing this thread know what kind of a rider he is looking for. I assume either gender qualifies , I assume he wants someone who is an active racer and has placed in the top five, but not first in their class regularly.

Something like Chad's Endurance series might work well. Let's say Chad beats Kurt in the next Gila 100 after the IV vitamin therapy.

Dog-food-eating-chicken
    Haven't fed a troll for awhile, but -

Are you looking for the response "sounds like doping"?
    My legs hurt.

RHRF!
    I knew it was coming...
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

banned
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzz View Post
    Individual cases may vary but generally anything taken orally a large portion is destroyed by the stomach acids and the body is not able to absorb making it the least effective method of absorption. The second best method for absorption is IM (intra-muscular injection) and maximum absorption can only be achieved by IV. by the body
    ruzz:

So are you saying food that we eat is destroyed by stomach acids making it not effective? I take a multi-vitamin that says I am getting 417% of the daily B12 requirement. What percentage of B12 would a 180 lb. healthy individual need to take orally to get a the maximum healthy amount of B12 ("Vitamin B12 can be consumed in large doses because excess is excreted by the body or stored in the liver for use when supplies are scarce. Stores of B12 can last for up to a year." )?

Are the IV Vitamins your business administers customized for each individual you treat? If so how do you determine what percentage of the different vitamins each individual needs?

Since you are introducing vitamins directly into the blood stream which is more efficient than orally, do your recommended IV vitamin dosage amounts increase or decrease compared to recommended oral amounts from a 2,000 calorie diet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast