Victim of Saddle Rage

Vulpine or Raven 2.2 on AZ Trails

I'm getting tired of pedaling my Geax Saguaros and would like to try a fast tire on the rear like the WTB Vulpine or Stan's Raven 2.2. Is this just asking for a sidewall tear? I would ride the 29er versions, weigh 131, and mainly stick to Tucson, DC, and National. Is anyone ridding a Raven 2.2 in this terrain?
    " the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." C&H

Fragile - must be Italian
    Lightweight tires and AZ don't mix at all. National would shred either the WTB or Stans tire. People complain about tearing sidewalls on Geax Saguaros...and you wanna go lighter?

As far as treadwear goes -- I think the Vulpine and Raven will be ground down in no time. My guess is if the sidewall holds up, you'll be wearing out the tires within a month.

Those tires are made for racing in Missouri, where a rock is an occasional obstacle.

If you think the Saguaro is too slow on the rear, try a Kenda Small Block 8...or just push a little harder.

Thx...Doug

My other ride is your mom
    I agree....the Saguaro is a pretty fast tire for our terrain.....it's my choice for a rear tire on long distance rides.....not for fun on the rocks kind of ride.

You go lighter than that....you're askin' for trouble.....FWIW...I weigh 165 fully loaded with 4L of water and all the crap I care to take with me.....so yes, I ride light in both weight and style.

If you're sticking to DC and other stuff like it.......and you're as light as you say....then you can afford to go as light as possible.... regardless of what anyone says on this board. Throw in Natty....then you're begging for a shredded sidewall.....not my 2 cents.....this is based on my experience.