Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    28

    Video from Fort Valley TH in Flagstaff

    From the 2015 Old-Fashioned Mountain Bike Race. Prior to getting a gimbal, but stabilized.

    https://youtu.be/kHli4UJhF6w


    Anyone know if they are having it this year? The website hasn't been updated.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5,859
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceRXer View Post
    From the 2015 Old-Fashioned Mountain Bike Race. Prior to getting a gimbal, but stabilized.

    https://youtu.be/kHli4UJhF6w


    Anyone know if they are having it this year? The website hasn't been updated.
    Absolute Bikes cancelled the event in lieu of a 2-day Enduro race in September. After years of trying they finally got a special use permit for AZ trail, Sunset, Little Bear, etc. https://www.absolutebikes.net/commun...gstaff-enduro/

    Also, the MBAA Flagstaff Frenzy race in May was partially the same race, albeit using more trails than just Rocky Moto, Moto, and FV.

  3. #3
    The .05 percent
    Reputation: sinatorj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Absolute Bikes cancelled the event in lieu of a 2-day Enduro race in September. After years of trying they finally got a special use permit for AZ trail, Sunset, Little Bear, etc. https://www.absolutebikes.net/commun...gstaff-enduro/

    Also, the MBAA Flagstaff Frenzy race in May was partially the same race, albeit using more trails than just Rocky Moto, Moto, and FV.
    Oh damn! Looks fun. More expensive than moab enduro and that one includes 2 shuttles.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    28
    Good to know. They really should post this info on their website for those of us who are not in the know.

    Thanks for taking the time to inform.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5,859
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceRXer View Post
    Good to know. They really should post this info on their website for those of us who are not in the know.

    Thanks for taking the time to inform.
    Actually it is posted in their May newsletter posted on the the website: https://www.absolutebikes.net/absolu...17-newsletter/

    I think they delayed a bit on the announcement while waiting to see if they'd actually get a special use permit for the enduro race. There's lots of opposition, primarily the Sierra Club to any events on the AZ trail. In contrast, the Arizona Trail Association was all for it.

Similar Threads

  1. Fort Valley Trail, Flagstaff, Arizona
    By BryceRXer in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2017, 10:25 PM
  2. Fort Tuthill Flagstaff, AZ
    By cminsky in forum Arizona
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-2014, 03:42 PM
  3. Fort Tuthill, Flagstaff
    By Blade-Runner in forum Arizona
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 06:12 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 09:26 PM
  5. Flagstaff to Sedona and back up to Flagstaff
    By BEATCOLLECTOR in forum Arizona
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 11:52 AM

Members who have read this thread: 67

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •