Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shred...it's the new drug

Vets day Shuttle...Globe? Flag? Mingus?

So instead of shuttlin' on our boring old south mountain, ABC and I were thinking of taking the show on the road. Both of us have the day off and are wanting to hit some tree trails. Who wants in? We got room for three more in the truck or if you wanna meet wherever we could maybe bring the trailer or squeeze a total of eight in the truck. Post up if you got the day off and want to get some before the snow falls and strands us in the desert for months. Checked the weather and it's gonna be 70 in globe, 72 in prescott and 60 in flag with clear skies all around. Should be killer!

AKA shitbird
    A couple of us have been flirting with a Veterans Globe shuttle day....But Flag!? Hmm, I need to hit the reserves over and over and over and over again before the snow comes. Dammit how I love those trails!!! Hmmm, I'll let ya know. Did I mention how I love Reserve?
    JRA

Swamp Thaang Groupie

Let's shuttle for the Vets!

My vote for Veterans Day is for Flagg first (I have never DHed there), Mingus second (It rocks up there!), and Globe last (I'm riding there tomorrow). I also propose we leave the valley no later than 5:30AM to get a sunrise drop in. How ever it ends up I'm stoked to have two full days to DH in the same week.

Post up with your vote on location and if you plan to make it out....

AKA shitbird
    I spoke too soon, my plans for Wednesday just got sealed. Have fun though fellas, I know you will.
    JRA

mtbr member
    Well since I'm a vet I might have to get in on this? Where? Flag or mingus, but mingus would be better for me. Will let ya know. Thanks.
    ****BIRD

mtbr member
    we were talkin today out at somo about goin to mingus or flag for sat since sat somo rds are closed due to a running marothon or something like that
    SixSixOne,Hayes,Azonic,Steel Optics,Oneal,Manitou,Sun Ringle,Tag Metals,Sunline
    work to live,live to ride

so we gotta couple votes for flag. who's a definite? I'm in, ABC's in, Eabos b!tched out, Mario you working wed or you wanna roll up with us? we got room for a couple more...who wants some num nums?

mtbr member
    I'm working on it.

git er dun...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    If you guys come up i may be in. Bring warm clothes. its 29 right now. the top is gonna be different.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I'm interested in either Flag or Mingus.

A highline of one.
    Highline strong.
    Highlines for now, highlines for later.
    Be all that you can highline.
    It's not just a job, it's a highline.
    Accelerate your highline.
    The few, the proud, the highlines.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    i might be down for some mingus or flag runs

we'll check the weather and see what it holds, maybe mingus might be the ideal temp for some sweet runs! jayem, I owe you a maverick run. stay tuned!

Maui Grown
    Man, I'm missing out again! Wish I could join you guys. Already made a commitment to do a Sedona ride. Any shuttle plans for Saturday yet?
    When each day of your life begins with the thought of where you will ride today, tomorrow, this weekend, next month, when your mind becomes so tuned to the rhythm of two wheels that you only look for places to ride, when you picture yourself standing on every mountain top in sight about to drop into a trail, and when someone asks you "Are you still spending all your time riding your bike?" and you answer "YES!" (like there is anything better to do) You have found your passion.

banned
    I might be down for some flag action if im still in town. I'd be happy to share shuttle duty.

ooooh...more votes for flag. I offically got the hall pass from the wife after a foot rub (for her) for wed. to get some up north action. So far we got a bunch of maybes...we need to have a final headcount and desitantion by tuesday afternoon to get everything organized. JRock, AZFrilla, Jayem, Heli, Tmarkos???? who's a definite or do I gotta write you a doctors prescription for some shreduprophen?

mtbr member
    I'm out. Going to have to stay in town.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I'd be 100% for Mingus. I'm going to try for Flag but I'm not 100%.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    I look forward to get out of town Wednesday to some cool weather. It is going to to hit 90 in the Valley of Sun.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting out of town. I'm really feeling flag but if it's just us two, maybe a sedona pedal will be in order. So guys and girls, we need at least two more riders to make the shuttle runs happen...so please, I'm begging you save us from the pedal!

Jayem and Jrock, you guys wanna help save us? PowerT if we only get a total of 3 we'll be hitting you up definetly. Anyone else want to get some 60 degree tree'd trail goodness?

banned
    going to stay local. have some family in town

snap...jrock we gotta get some for poor truckee stuck in that winter wonderland.

Scooter you in buddy!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Yeah, I'm unsure if the seal on my Monster is going to hold up. I fixed the problem I had at Goat-Camp, but all along I've known the left seal is weak due to scratches in the stanchion. I have a parts-Monster T comming in the mail (to get a good stanchion), but that may not be in time. I have extra seals, but I don't want to pull the leg and replace a seal (and damage that one as well) when I'll have a better fix in a couple days. If I did Mingus I could go home or drive a bit and go home if it decides to die. I don't want to drive to Flag for nothin. That's the dilemma, but I'm still heavily thinking of driving up to Flag anyways.

Human
    I'm in for part of the day on Mingus if we can get rolling early enough. What time are you fellas thinkin'?

thats a tough dillemma...but I'm not sure how long flag will be available for us to ride. At least you could say it went out on a sweet run down reserve! if it does blow, you can ride my bike when I drive, I'm re-doing it soon anyways so you really couldn't hurt it that bad

R u in flag or down here? We will probably leave town early...6ish to beat traffic and get a good start on the day. but I don' know if we'll be back in phoenix real early though. if you wanna caravan up and roll back solo, you could always to that. I'm thinking early warm up runs on the fish and then knocking some eldon out and the grabbing some grub on the way out of town. Andy's never been up there so I wanna give him a proper tour...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I have a stupid class meeting @ 10am, it is supposed to snow this week so get your asses up here and ride! Im out, but you all can pack some dirt for me. However if you are still riding around noon, i may be in....maybe.

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrtrainer
    I have a stupid class meeting @ 10am, it is supposed to snow this week so get your asses up here and ride! Im out, but you all can pack some dirt for me. However if you are still riding around noon, i may be in....maybe.

hey.....psst, lemme tell ya a secret........

NOBODY CARES!

joto
    JRA

eabos...you mean.

pw...we should be rolling into town around 830 or 9. getting some warm up runs on the fish and then over to eldon. you could meet us at the y on schultz creek after your class or at the bottom of wasabi and grab some runs with us.

Who else wants some? you heard pw...snow in the forecast. Flag riding is coming to an end quick! Git sum!

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    eabos...you mean.

pw...we should be rolling into town around 830 or 9. getting some warm up runs on the fish and then over to eldon. you could meet us at the y on schultz creek after your class or at the bottom of wasabi and grab some runs with us.

Who else wants some? you heard pw...snow in the forecast. Flag riding is coming to an end quick! Git sum!
    oh Geeeez. I would love to hit up Flag on my DHR. Last time the Lenz was fine until we got to the steepness of Private Reserve. Vacation day? Hmmmmmm....... so very very tempting....

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    oh Geeeez. I would love to hit up Flag on my DHR. Last time the Lenz was fine until we got to the steepness of Private Reserve. Vacation day? Hmmmmmm....... so very very tempting....
    Kathleen hook it up! It could be May/June by the time we get to ride flagg again. We have a lot of maybes. So theres room for sure. Let us know by this afternoon.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I'll be there. Flagstaff: Last last chance for glory. It's my day afterall.

Jayem, YES!!!! DG...do it, do it! Jayem, Call you later today...kathleen, expect constant bugging till you say yes

Elitest thrill junkie
    I gotta be back in Prescott before 6pm, but I'm also trying to find out if there are any restaurants in Flag that are offering freebees for Vets.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    I gotta be back in Prescott before 6pm, but I'm also trying to find out if there are any restaurants in Flag that are offering freebees for Vets.
    is there an applebees here?

nope...

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    Jayem, YES!!!! DG...do it, do it! Jayem, Call you later today...kathleen, expect constant bugging till you say yes
    Reality has reared it's ugly head and work duties will keep me in town tomorrow It was a nice fantasy for a while, grabbing my first Flag shuttle day on the new DH bike before the snow and cold settle in for the winter. Oh well... I'll make due with some SSpokes SoMo shuttles tomorrow morning Take lots of pictures and have a great time! Wear your FF helmets please.

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Reality has reared it's ugly head and work duties will keep me in town tomorrow It was a nice fantasy for a while, grabbing my first Flag shuttle day on the new DH bike before the snow and cold settle in for the winter. Oh well... I'll make due with some SSpokes SoMo shuttles tomorrow morning Take lots of pictures and have a great time! Wear your FF helmets please.

Bummer DG! We still have a couple seats if any takers?

Scooter? Anyone else who doesn't work tomarrow? We gots room for one or two more!

mtbr member
    I'm out, but billiondollarbaby might be in?
    ****BIRD

billiondollar? we're leaving tempe at 6am, meeting jayem at the "y" of schultz and eldon roads at 845ish. so if you want in, meet us there and we'll get some goods!

Human
    I'm going to have to put it off till next year I think. My DH is a squeaky mess in desperate need of some TLC.
    Have fun all!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by billiondollarmaybe
    I'm going to have to put it off till next year I think. My DH is a squeaky mess in desperate need of some TLC.
    Have fun all!
    oops, maybe not baby . Dude we'll get that dh pig going soon, no worries.
    ****BIRD

AKA shitbird
    I'll probably be running into you punks up there. Burrito and coffee Bob?

I would have gone with you guys but a couple of us are going to try out a new shuttle method, unfortunately it's limited to a small number of riders. Anyway, see ya on the hill!
    JRA

Yeah buddy...guess we gotta top secret hush hush to roll with you! If you need a ride hit me up. We'll be on the fish early then eldon after...hope to run you over, I mean run into you on the trails!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    im out. brakes are toast. hub shatty. school sucks and mo is a *****...

Elitest thrill junkie
    Awesome day of riding all. Somehow we managed to keep our bikes together and hit the fun stuff. Perfect weather. I am back in Prescott with enough time to do the work I need to get done, but my gas milege is horrible over 100mph.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Awesome day of riding all. Somehow we managed to keep our bikes together and hit the fun stuff. Perfect weather. I am back in Prescott with enough time to do the work I need to get done, but my gas milege is horrible over 100mph.

i thought anything over 85 was criminal

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    i thought anything over 85 was criminal
    There's more important stuff to do, like bust potheads.

Nice Jayem...at least we know that soob can go real fast!

Great day in the hills of Flagstaff with Jayem, ABCnorte, Jeff and myself. We met up with Eabos, Admril Andy, Captain Tony and Tenderfoot Tim shuttlin' with their secret shuttle vehicle. We knocked off 8 runs. Great weather with lots of cloud cover and super dusty conditions. Popped Jeff's and ABC's wasabi cherry and ABC's private hymen. Finished the day at Pita Jungle with some tasty grub and a gallon of arnold palmers! Great shuttlin' with you boys and Jayem the vet... it was an honor. Did you get your applebee's?

Here's your pics!
    Photobucket
    ABC finding the light
    Photobucket
    Just call me bob deerfoot from now on
    Photobucket
    Getting ready for the run
    Photobucket
    Top Secret shuttle vehicle...shh, it's a secret
    Photobucket
    Gnarly Camelsac...one way to imbibe some fungus
    Photobucket
    Tony on the wasababi gap
    Photobucket
    Jayem air
    Photobucket
    Bob Air
    Photobucket
    Jayem roll
    Photobucket
    Great day with da boys! No major injuries or busted bikes, well a rotor and a couple deraillurs and some lost bolts.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Few more:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vets day Shuttle...Globe? Flag? Mingus?-bw-001.jpg  

Vets day Shuttle...Globe? Flag? Mingus?-bw-002.jpg  

Vets day Shuttle...Globe? Flag? Mingus?-bw-005.jpg  

Vets day Shuttle...Globe? Flag? Mingus?-bw-006.jpg  

Vets day Shuttle...Globe? Flag? Mingus?-bw-007.jpg  

Vets day Shuttle...Globe? Flag? Mingus?-bw-008.jpg  

Vets day Shuttle...Globe? Flag? Mingus?-bw-009.jpg  

Vets day Shuttle...Globe? Flag? Mingus?-bw-010.jpg  

Vets day Shuttle...Globe? Flag? Mingus?-bw-011.jpg  

Vets day Shuttle...Globe? Flag? Mingus?-bw-012.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast