Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shred...it's the new drug

Vets day Shuttle...Globe? Flag? Mingus?

So instead of shuttlin' on our boring old south mountain, ABC and I were thinking of taking the show on the road. Both of us have the day off and are wanting to hit some tree trails. Who wants in? We got room for three more in the truck or if you wanna meet wherever we could maybe bring the trailer or squeeze a total of eight in the truck. Post up if you got the day off and want to get some before the snow falls and strands us in the desert for months. Checked the weather and it's gonna be 70 in globe, 72 in prescott and 60 in flag with clear skies all around. Should be killer!

AKA shitbird
    A couple of us have been flirting with a Veterans Globe shuttle day....But Flag!? Hmm, I need to hit the reserves over and over and over and over again before the snow comes. Dammit how I love those trails!!! Hmmm, I'll let ya know. Did I mention how I love Reserve?
    JRA

Swamp Thaang Groupie

Let's shuttle for the Vets!

My vote for Veterans Day is for Flagg first (I have never DHed there), Mingus second (It rocks up there!), and Globe last (I'm riding there tomorrow). I also propose we leave the valley no later than 5:30AM to get a sunrise drop in. How ever it ends up I'm stoked to have two full days to DH in the same week.

Post up with your vote on location and if you plan to make it out....

AKA shitbird
    I spoke too soon, my plans for Wednesday just got sealed. Have fun though fellas, I know you will.
    JRA

mtbr member
    Well since I'm a vet I might have to get in on this? Where? Flag or mingus, but mingus would be better for me. Will let ya know. Thanks.
    JRA

mtbr member
    we were talkin today out at somo about goin to mingus or flag for sat since sat somo rds are closed due to a running marothon or something like that
    SixSixOne,Hayes,Azonic,Steel Optics,Oneal,Manitou,Sun Ringle,Tag Metals,Sunline
    work to live,live to ride

so we gotta couple votes for flag. who's a definite? I'm in, ABC's in, Eabos b!tched out, Mario you working wed or you wanna roll up with us? we got room for a couple more...who wants some num nums?

mtbr member
    I'm working on it.

git er dun...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    If you guys come up i may be in. Bring warm clothes. its 29 right now. the top is gonna be different.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I'm interested in either Flag or Mingus.

A highline of one.
    Highline strong.
    Highlines for now, highlines for later.
    Be all that you can highline.
    It's not just a job, it's a highline.
    Accelerate your highline.
    The few, the proud, the highlines.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    i might be down for some mingus or flag runs

we'll check the weather and see what it holds, maybe mingus might be the ideal temp for some sweet runs! jayem, I owe you a maverick run. stay tuned!

Maui Grown
    Man, I'm missing out again! Wish I could join you guys. Already made a commitment to do a Sedona ride. Any shuttle plans for Saturday yet?
    [SIZE=2]When each day of your life begins with the thought of where you will ride today, tomorrow, this weekend, next month, when your mind becomes so tuned to the rhythm of two wheels that you only look for places to ride, when you picture yourself standing on every mountain top in sight about to drop into a trail, and when someone asks you "Are you still spending all your time riding your bike?" and you answer "YES!" (like there is anything better to do) You have found your passion.[/SIZE]

banned
    I might be down for some flag action if im still in town. I'd be happy to share shuttle duty.

ooooh...more votes for flag. I offically got the hall pass from the wife after a foot rub (for her) for wed. to get some up north action. So far we got a bunch of maybes...we need to have a final headcount and desitantion by tuesday afternoon to get everything organized. JRock, AZFrilla, Jayem, Heli, Tmarkos???? who's a definite or do I gotta write you a doctors prescription for some shreduprophen?

mtbr member
    I'm out. Going to have to stay in town.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I'd be 100% for Mingus. I'm going to try for Flag but I'm not 100%.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    I look forward to get out of town Wednesday to some cool weather. It is going to to hit 90 in the Valley of Sun.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting out of town. I'm really feeling flag but if it's just us two, maybe a sedona pedal will be in order. So guys and girls, we need at least two more riders to make the shuttle runs happen...so please, I'm begging you save us from the pedal!

Jayem and Jrock, you guys wanna help save us? PowerT if we only get a total of 3 we'll be hitting you up definetly. Anyone else want to get some 60 degree tree'd trail goodness?

banned
    going to stay local. have some family in town

snap...jrock we gotta get some for poor truckee stuck in that winter wonderland.

Scooter you in buddy!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Yeah, I'm unsure if the seal on my Monster is going to hold up. I fixed the problem I had at Goat-Camp, but all along I've known the left seal is weak due to scratches in the stanchion. I have a parts-Monster T comming in the mail (to get a good stanchion), but that may not be in time. I have extra seals, but I don't want to pull the leg and replace a seal (and damage that one as well) when I'll have a better fix in a couple days. If I did Mingus I could go home or drive a bit and go home if it decides to die. I don't want to drive to Flag for nothin. That's the dilemma, but I'm still heavily thinking of driving up to Flag anyways.

Human
    I'm in for part of the day on Mingus if we can get rolling early enough. What time are you fellas thinkin'?

thats a tough dillemma...but I'm not sure how long flag will be available for us to ride. At least you could say it went out on a sweet run down reserve! if it does blow, you can ride my bike when I drive, I'm re-doing it soon anyways so you really couldn't hurt it that bad

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast