No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005

Upper Cheesegrater, first videos

Well, I had a gift certificate to REI and ended up using it on a new GoPro Hero HD960. Captured some footage from a couple days ago when I had the bright idea to ride my DH bike out there. I edited out all the huffing and puffing it took to get that beast up to the upper cheese/upper hairball saddle.

I don't really know what I'm doing and am still learning a lot about editing, so take that for what it's worth.

The first vid is just of Upper Cheese and using the helmet mount.

Untitled from Dion Bozman on Vimeo.

The second vid is Upper and Lower Cheese, this time using the chest mount. Obviously I had helmet straps and stuff hanging, but the difference in perspective is interesting.

Untitled from Dion Bozman on Vimeo.

Hope they're enjoyable.

mtbr member
    Nice. Looks like I need to return to PMP for some Upper and Lower Cheesegrater.

I liked the chest mount better. You can see what your legs and feet are doing. Sometimes on the helmet mounted view it's hard to tell if you're dabbing or just pausing briefly.

I didn't care for the music. I didn't think it went with the slow chunky tech.

Good job on your first videos and good riding on what looks to be some pretty difficult terrain.

What bike is that? I like the Orange Creamsicle color scheme.
    Last edited by KRob; 02-20-2011 at 12:52 AM.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    If in doubt, I was probably dabbing

My wife really liked the chest mount, too. I kinda prefer the helmet, but that's probably because the chest mount is so ubiquitous these days.

The bike is a Morewood Izimu, freshly powdered.

mtbr member
    You were moving around on the bike pretty good, I almost got a bloody nose from your saddle with the chest mount footage. In this case, for Cheesegrater, I like the helmet cam better, it seemed more stable. But, for easier riding, I tend to prefer viewing from the chest mount, as long as it's aimed up high enough. Irregardless, nice footage, chunky looking trails, I've got to get over there. But first, I have to quit working so much.

"No Clue Crew"
    Good footage. Not bad for a first video. I think the orange looks lame on video, but everything else look cool.............Drew

mtbr member
    Nice. I am SO over there.

skilldest©
    Nice video.
    I need to get over there too.

No Clue Crew
    I like the chest mount best myself. I like the lower perspective and seeing the suspension working as well as the operator working the bike. Seeing the saddle peek up once in a while is fun, too. Let's you know when you are really off the bike.

The helmet is smoother but to me mounting it higher, while in reality being closer to the true perspective of what the rider is seeing, seems to lessen the features as you pass them. Watch the video of LateDropBob on Geronimo and he's just sailing along smooth as silk. Then watch mine from the chest mount and it looks more like what the rider is experiencing.

LateDropBob Geronimo

big0mike Geronimo

Geronimo, South Mountain from Michael Stevens on Vimeo.

Of course, one can't overlook the possibility that Bob is smoother because he's better and moving substantially faster than me

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Nice, lots of gottcha's on upper cheese. Agreed interesting perspective between the two mounts.

Give it a crank
    Always fun to watch, nice job riding and with the videos!