workin' it Administrator

New question here. Tucson Weekend ride

I would like to ride deer camp at 50yr trail via parking at Hughes and riding up from catalina state park this weekend?

Any takers?

Saturday or sunday. Lotsa miles fun ride.

david
    Try this: HTFU

Plus size jersey model
    I'm down for Sunday if you don't mind a big slow guy coming along. I have been wanting to ride from the state park for awhile but just haven't done it yet. I usually just have time for a starr pass loop.

workin' it Administrator
    I think that it will be sunday. Got a coupla others in line for sunday too. Will post up meeting time here.

Any preferences for time?

Plus size jersey model
    Anytime is good for me, but not to early. I think I am doing a night ride at starr pass tonight, so it might be hard getting up to early.

Berzerker
    I might try to tag along as well. I've ridden the 50 Year Trail into CSP, but not the Deer Camp Loop. How many miles are we talking about?

Where/What is Hughes?

Thanks.

workin' it Administrator
    The loop starts just south of the entrance to catalina state park at the north entrance to the Hughes engineering building. there is a parking lot the north of that entrance and that is on the east side of the road (oracle road).

The upper deer camp loop is one that starts to the north of the entrance to the Chutes. There is a loop that will bring you up and around the hills to the east and will dump you out back on the 50 year trail for the return to the cars.

Distance=? 20mi?

Berzerker
    Cool, I'll give it a shot, if you don't mind me tagging along. If I have to bail out, I can find my way home from the chutes.

workin' it Administrator
    Cool plans are starting to solidify I will post up a time. I am thinking mid morning to noonish sorta time.

Anyone have any preferences?

workin' it Administrator
    I guess I should clarify. That is Honeywell on Oracle and not Hughes. I have no idea where I got Hughes.

how's 10:30am at the parking lot of Honeywell sound?

Berzerker
    Sounds good

Plus size jersey model
    I'll be there.

workin' it Administrator
    contact # in case you are lost or late

401-6615

mtbr member
    I might join you as well. I was thinking about riding Deer Camp this weekend anyway. However, I think I'll take the lazy approach of parking at the Golder parking lot and joining you at the entrance to the Chutes. Let me know when you plan to leave the Honeywell lot and I'll plan on meeting you an 1:15 to 1:30 after your departure from there.

workin' it Administrator
    we are meeting at the parking lot of honeywell at 10:30am so i suspect we will begin at 10:45am or so.

Can't say how fast we will ride but keep an eye out for us. there will be an orange single speed (me), a blue titus motolite and a salsa 29'er for sure plus three other people.

What should we look for to spot you?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    we are meeting at the parking lot of honeywell at 10:30am so i suspect we will begin at 10:45am or so.

Can't say how fast we will ride but keep an eye out for us. there will be an orange single speed (me), a blue titus motolite and a salsa 29'er for sure plus three other people.

What should we look for to spot you?
    That should put you at The Chutes about noonish. You are planning on going up the Upper 50 crossing the wash then around the whole loop I assume? I don't ride all that aggressively but I should be able to keep up. If not......well I know the way out.

I'll be the guy with the Slate Nomad and Orange Camelback. I'll PM you with my mobile phone number just so you have it.

Berzerker
    I think I'll do the same thing - meet the group at the chutes. I'll be the nerd on an orange Trek hardtail.

Berzerker
    Sorry I slowed you guys down. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    You didn't slow us, it was that guy Doug on the S-Works

Hope you're feeling better. It was a nice change riding with a group this weekend. Turned out to be a beautiful day and sheltered by the wind. Glad you could come out and join us. Now I must go and drink lots of water. Need to replentish one of my camel humps.

Glad you made it out ok.

David, any pics to throw up?