Meatpuppet

tucson riders wanted

Looking for people to ride with in the mornings and or midweek days.
    Mountain and Road.....fell into a great group in Phoenix looking to do the same here in Tucson. I went on Tucson mtb and theres not a lot going on to be honest. Im in the NW, so anyone in the area looking for riding partners voice up.
    My Third Eye Has A Cataract

Tucson, AZ
    Do you like long rides? I am on the NW side.

Plus size jersey model
    If you want to do night rides I'm down can't make mornings and days gotta work. Will be doing a nice lemmon ride this weekend with plenty of climbing if you are game. Saturday 6am

Tucson, AZ

Plus size jersey model
    Chad I should have my geared bike done in a week or so and will be joining you for a few of these.

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bigworm520
    Chad I should have my geared bike done in a week or so and will be joining you for a few of these.
    You won't be disappointed. As Gertrude said in Hamlet.... "More matter with less art."

Take that same slogan and apply it to the bike with some tacos, that is what we do on Tuesdays.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrodr
    Looking for people to ride with in the mornings and or midweek days.
    Mountain and Road.....fell into a great group in Phoenix looking to do the same here in Tucson. I went on Tucson mtb and theres not a lot going on to be honest. Im in the NW, so anyone in the area looking for riding partners voice up.
    Hang with TMTB. Lots of folks out of town over the past few weeks. We did do a 50 yr ride yesterday morning. 6 people showed and it was posted several days in advance. You will see more rides posted as it cools off.

At least two groups are planning rides on Mt. Lemmon tomorrow morning. The C Gap sufferfest (NW side) was postponed until next week if you really like to climb. If you want to suffer some Chad has his evening Taco rides starting up again as well.

Meatpuppet
    Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah my schedule is just kind of crazy right now. Working afternoons to evenings. I need to explore TMTB more.......
    Chad, I believe I'll see you at work tomorrow.....

mtbr member
    What bike are you putting together?

You are going to kill it when you have gears!!!

I finally got my wheels in and got the Behemoth all built tonight. It is looking pretty good with the orange frame, white Reba Team, and the gold Hadley hubs with Stan's 36 hole flows and gold nipples. I have not been on the bike since my WTB hub self destructed 5 weeks ago. (I also sold my Motolite as well, so did not have it to ride)

Me and Sharon are ready to start back into it. I ordered parts, and rebuilt the Laserdisc hub, and it is now on her Behemoth, and I mounted new tires on it tonight(Rampage front/FireXC rear). I put the same pair on my new wheels. She is taking over the black Behemoth I was riding, and I have it all set up for her.

It is going to take some time to get back in shape, but when I do, I want to do that Lemmon ride I got cheated out of. I also want to try those Tuesday Taco rides. It is gonna take me a month or so to get some condition back though. I can't wait to try those Hadley hubs on some techy climbs!! They engage hella quick.

Not a Barry supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrodr
    Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah my schedule is just kind of crazy right now. Working afternoons to evenings. I need to explore TMTB more.......
    Chad, I believe I'll see you at work tomorrow.....

I used to know a guy who lived in Phx...
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

Meatpuppet
    Whattup Rodney..?!!
    Did I read you were thinking about tri's.?
    I started running not long ago for the same inclination. I am a terrible runner, but an even worse swimmer so..............I got that goin for me.....lol

Plus size jersey model
    Quote Originally Posted by twowheelsdown2002
    What bike are you putting together?

You are going to kill it when you have gears!!!

I finally got my wheels in and got the Behemoth all built tonight. It is looking pretty good with the orange frame, white Reba Team, and the gold Hadley hubs with Stan's 36 hole flows and gold nipples. I have not been on the bike since my WTB hub self destructed 5 weeks ago. (I also sold my Motolite as well, so did not have it to ride)

Me and Sharon are ready to start back into it. I ordered parts, and rebuilt the Laserdisc hub, and it is now on her Behemoth, and I mounted new tires on it tonight(Rampage front/FireXC rear). I put the same pair on my new wheels. She is taking over the black Behemoth I was riding, and I have it all set up for her.

It is going to take some time to get back in shape, but when I do, I want to do that Lemmon ride I got cheated out of. I also want to try those Tuesday Taco rides. It is gonna take me a month or so to get some condition back though. I can't wait to try those Hadley hubs on some techy climbs!! They engage hella quick.

I am getting a Vassago Bandesnatch basically the same bike I have know but with gears. Did that lemmon ride again today you are really missing out its a blast.

mtbr member
    I am getting a Vassago Bandesnatch basically the same bike I have know but with gears. Did that lemmon ride again today you are really missing out its a blast.
    I plan on trying it again with the new bike and hubs. I need a few weeks to get the feel back in the legs. 5 weeks off is gonna hurt at first, but I am ready to get back at it. At least it was during the hella hot season.