Architect

Tucson Ride or Casa Grande on Superbowl Sunday?

Who's riding in Tucson on Superbowl Sunday and where?

I thought about hitting 50 Year, or Fantasy Island. I've only done the 50 year once heading north from Golder Ranch and havenít made it to Fantasy yet.

I'd like to meet up with others and am open to suggestions. If there is a group heading to Casa Grande that could be fun as well. The CG trails looked fun in the photos.

So who is in and where are we going?
    Jake
    _________
    In Place Architecture
    Mountain Bike in Tucson:
    http://tucsonbiketrails.wikispaces.com

workin' it Administrator

I am not sure right now

but I would like to ride so sunday too. I could probably swing a FI ride since I live very close to there. Perhaps we can get some others to join?

On a side note: are you an architect in Tucson? Where do you work? I am an unregistered architect at Line and Space here in Tucson.
    Try this: HTFU

NardoSS
    I'll be doing 50 year trail by way of the Catalina State Park so as to get that extra climb from the horse area at 7am. I'll be the guy with the black single speed and big grin if anyone cares to join. I'll head up to the chutes and get in about 25 miles of fast and curvy fun.

Large wheels & one gear
    Me, I'll be watching the game on my 88" Plasma that I bought from Walmart..
    I Never Apologize............I'm Sorry, That's Just The Way I Am.

[SIZE=1]ChemBright Carpet & Upholstery LLC[/SIZE]

Newbie...yeah that's it
    Not sure what time on Sunday, but I will be riding in Casa Grande. Probably 8 -8:30ish in the AM.

Architect
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    but I would like to ride so sunday too. I could probably swing a FI ride since I live very close to there. Perhaps we can get some others to join?

On a side note: are you an architect in Tucson? Where do you work? I am an unregistered architect at Line and Space here in Tucson.

Yep, Architect in Tucson. I manage projects at Bright / Kliman architects and have just recently been awarded the title of Architect by the state. Its good to be official.

Hmm.. so far 1 person may be at FI, CG, or 50. Anyone else?
    Jake
    _________
    In Place Architecture
    Mountain Bike in Tucson:

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Konapdlr
    Good to hear they got the small screens back in stock. Riding in CG but not sure what time.

Ridin' Dirty
    I might possibly ride in CG in the afternoon before the game.
    I'll be watching the game at the in-laws in CG.
    1-ish, 2-ish??
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

AKA Sherrif Moe Gnarpiao
    Quote Originally Posted by Konapdlr
    WTF? Weren't you the one who started a thread called "Screw Superbowl Sunday"?

Was it the Fergi halftime show or the godaddy.com commercials that made you change your mind?
    JRA

Large wheels & one gear
    [quote=eabos]WTF? Weren't you the one who started a thread called "Screw Superbowl Sunday"?
    quote]

Yeah.....notice the smiley I put at the end? The smiley changes everything.
    I Never Apologize............I'm Sorry, That's Just The Way I Am.

[SIZE=1]ChemBright Carpet & Upholstery LLC[/SIZE]

workin' it Administrator

Good job! Tucson ride

I am thinking 10:00 am at FI for the full loop.

anyone in?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgrafk
    I might possibly ride in CG in the afternoon before the game.
    I'll be watching the game at the in-laws in CG.
    1-ish, 2-ish??
    I'm down wit dat. Keep me posted if your plans solidify. I'm coming from Ahwatukee.

Peace,

Sam

Architect
    I am thinking 10:00 am at FI for the full loop.

anyone in?

I'll be there at about 1:30 to 2 ish. Not sure where I'm going. Can't say that I'll get lost, but is my first time and will probably go with the flow to check out the place. If you see me (Orange Kona) make sure to say hello.
    Jake
    _________
    In Place Architecture
    Mountain Bike in Tucson:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by archjake
    I'll be there at about 1:30 to 2 ish. Not sure where I'm going. Can't say that I'll get lost, but is my first time and will probably go with the flow to check out the place. If you see me (Orange Kona) make sure to say hello.

Sorry Jake, I would go, but I don't think I'd make it down there in time..

Architect
    Quote Originally Posted by u2metoo
    Sorry Jake, I would go, but I don't think I'd make it down there in time..
    Yeah, probably not if you were coming from Ahwatukee.

I'm back home already. That trail system was a blast. It really brought to the surface that I'm out of shape. I had to stop often and catch my breath or cool down. The thermostat at the trail head said it was 80 deg. Not sure how accurate it is, but it sure felt warm.

Quite a few bikers out there, but you didn't really run into many as most of the system is one way. Even with all my breaks I only had about 3 people pass me, so maybe I wasn't doing too bad. I had 2 almost wipe outs. One coming over a hill with a blind decent that was super steep and then a quick left turn at the bottom in sand, and the 2nd was going up some switchbacks on Bo's loop. I took most of the loops, but skipped the Christmas tree loop. I was a bit out of breath and decided I'd skip it. In and out took me 1.5 hours and a good pace. Nice trails, but quite a bit of loose stuff on a lot of the climbs. I didn't know which trail to descend into the half pipe and ended up taking the big drop in on my hard tail. Good thing I can still power a bike when I need to. It must by my experience from the BMX days.

Over all it was a blast. Biggest problem was that I didn't know where the trails were taking me and hadn't a clue when I would reach the end until I came around the turn to see the trail head again.

RockCrusher - We'll have to plan an Architectural group ride out there. One of my co workers lives near there and runs his 29er SS out there.

Take it easy.
    Jake
    _________
    In Place Architecture
    Mountain Bike in Tucson:

workin' it Administrator

Sorry I missed you.

I have been riding there since it was a 4 mile out and back (1998) and it is still definitely a blast. There are many loops to be taken and I really glad that you didn't get lost or underestimate how long it would take you. That is impressive. I have seen many in my days lost or disoriented out there.

I don't know if I saw you out there or not. I was leaving around the time that you got out there and remember seeing the thermometer at 80F so it must have been around the same time.

I regularly ride with a group of locals but we usually don't make ride plans until last minute. If you are interested I will post up rides here whenever I can or we can exchange contacts and I can call you at the last minute.

Oh, I was the guy on the orange singlespeed with the ABE jersey.

david

an architect ride sounds good. I also ride with an ex-architect grad.

Architect
    I have been riding there since it was a 4 mile out and back (1998) and it is still definitely a blast. There are many loops to be taken and I really glad that you didn't get lost or underestimate how long it would take you. That is impressive. I have seen many in my days lost or disoriented out there.

I don't know if I saw you out there or not. I was leaving around the time that you got out there and remember seeing the thermometer at 80F so it must have been around the same time.

I regularly ride with a group of locals but we usually don't make ride plans until last minute. If you are interested I will post up rides here whenever I can or we can exchange contacts and I can call you at the last minute.

Oh, I was the guy on the orange singlespeed with the ABE jersey.

david

an architect ride sounds good. I also ride with an ex-architect grad.
    I was a bit disoriented at times, but I knew that most of the trails looped and were one way. So, I did find my way. I wasn't sure how long it would take me, but I figgured I'd ride for about 2 hours and almost did. I did skip the Christmas tree loop which may have been good, but I did opt to take the other loops I encountered later. I was suprised at how tough a trail it was. I thought it would be easier because of its popularity. It was fun though. Not sure that I can jump at the last minute rides as I usually have family obligations with the wife and 1 year old. Advance planning is better.

BTW, I drove past Line & Space's Poetry center on the UA campus and its looking great. Any chance Les or someone at L&S would give our office a tour of the construction site?

PM me if you still want / need contact info.
    Jake
    _________
    In Place Architecture
    Mountain Bike in Tucson: