mtbr member

Trails Near Wigwam Resort

I am going to be in Phoenix for two days at a conference and am staying at the Wigwam Resort.

What are the closest trails and about how far away? From Tucson and have done no riding in Phoenix, so I thought this would be a good time.

Yes, I can do some research on my own, but I thought I'd get some help first.

Thanx

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattyd
    I am going to be in Phoenix for two days at a conference and am staying at the Wigwam Resort.

What are the closest trails and about how far away? From Tucson and have done no riding in Phoenix, so I thought this would be a good time.

Yes, I can do some research on my own, but I thought I'd get some help first.

Thanx
    I've never even heard of the Wigwam resort in Phoenix, so I for one cannot recommend any nearby trails. Check out this very general map showing the trail systems that I know of in the Phx area:

Edit: I guess I need to redo this map since the red lettered areas are really hard to read.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DurtGurl; 09-04-2008 at 11:56 AM.

Shovel Ready
    Wigwam is in Litchfield Park. Estrella or the White Tanks would be the closest trial I would know about. There would also be that area were not suppose to discuss on MTBR.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Don't believe the Hype...
    Nothing close enough to ride to...You are about 10 miles from the Estrella competative loops (behind Phoenix International Raceway), which is probably the least fun to ride in the valley. Besides that your about 20 miles from the White Tanks, South Mountain and T100. SoMo would be the best if your schedule is flexable. Traffic can really suck between the two around rush hour...
    Last edited by luckybastard; 09-04-2008 at 02:03 PM.
    Made with real bits of Panther, so you know it's good...

www.krackedskulls.com
    use promo code "lucky" for 5% off

Meatbomb
    bring your golf clubs .

mtbr member

Tanks and more

The White Tanks Loop and the hush hush don't talk here trail are both 13 miles away.
    Both are good fun.
    Estrella Mountain Loop not worth a the drive trail is 20 mile from you.
    The World Famous South Mountain is 32 miles away and traffic is a possibility.
    I would hit the first 2 for sure if you trying to squeeze in a quick ride.
    Resort is near my place and I ride both weekly so if you need a lift hit me up.

mtbr member

Hush?

I'm kinda a noob to this forum but I got to know what trail is the hush hush trail? heh PM it to me

Meatbomb
    careful, the last noob to ask for that information has not been seen in months.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Estrella loops behind PIR are the closest to you. Always seem pretty tough riding, but better than nothing. Estrella Mountain Park also has some trails leading out of it. Both are pretty traffic-less drives regardless of time of day.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I live right next to the Wigwam, I believe the drive to the White tanks seems the closest. Time wise that is. Hit the competitive loops. Six bucks for car to enter.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Fins in the Estrella Mt. is a good time not to far.