Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trails Near Laveen?

634 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Chris Pringle 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm returning to mountian biking after a two year break and just purchased an Iron Horse Azure Expert. This is a 3" travel FS XC "race" bike and I'm looking for suitable trails within riding distance from my home near 51st Ave and Baseline. I used to consider myself somewhat intermediate but want to break in slowly. Any ideas?

G
#2 ·
West side of SoMo

MetalHealth said:
Hi,

I'm returning to mountian biking after a two year break and just purchased an Iron Horse Azure Expert. This is a 3" travel FS XC "race" bike and I'm looking for suitable trails within riding distance from my home near 51st Ave and Baseline. I used to consider myself somewhat intermediate but want to break in slowly. Any ideas?
Ride South on 51st to Estrella Drive and head east right into South Mountain. You can make it up to the San Juan parking lot from there. I'm not real familiar with that area but there are some trails on that end.

#3 ·
There are very few trails on the Laveen side of SoMo. Nevertheless, a friend of mine and I have figured out a loop on the west side that involves singletrack and some paved roads. I live by the base of the mountain in Laveen (south of 35th Ave & Carver.) My friend lives by your neck of the woods (51st Ave & Baseline.)

We also ride the east side of the mountain. We carpool from Laveen, park the car at the main entrance of South Mtn Park (on Central), then ride up to Buena Vista parking lot on the paved road. From there it's all singletrack on National down the hill. We hook up w/ Javelina and exit at Baseline/40th St. From there we ride on the canal back to the car. It's about a 20 mile loop and absolutely great for training. We may catch something to eat or drink at Spokes on the way home.

If you're interested in doing this some time, send me an email at cgarrido@att.net We ride about 3-4 times/week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.