Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Traildoc must be at it again...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Just watched a piece on Ch3. Were they talking about TD when they said a man had been fined earlier this year???

mtbr member
    I didn't realize this story was already posted in the forum. Mods, please delete this thread if you'd like. My apologies!!

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by rferic18 View Post
    Just watched a piece on Ch3. Were they talking about TD when they said a man had been fined earlier this year???
    Yes.

such an ambassador for our sport he is.

banned
    OK rferic can you quote what they said about me, so we can get a better idea what you are alluding to? Your input is important so we can get the actual facts straight.

One thing is for sure there are a lot of people who post on MTBR that are out there riding on a lot of Sedona user built trails. Did the Ch3 piece go into the great recreational experience people from all over the world are enjoying in Sedona?

Sedona is one big erosion nightmare. Millions of people come from all over the world to enjoy its beauty each year and there will be millions more coming for years to come.

Last year 4 million tourists came to Sedona to enjoy the Red Rock. The FS put in a new trailhead called Yavapi Point to accommodate a bunch of those tourists. The number one mountain bike volunteer trail builder built a bunch of new trails to accommodate those masses of tourists. He also did a bunch of trail work on several user built trails located in the same location that were adopted and signed.

Did the Ch 3 piece talk about the great relationship the FS has with the volunteer worker to showcase what is really going on in Sedona with the majority of trail building and trail adoption? Come on dude that is where the real story is, why isn't it being the number one news piece on Ch3?

I can tell you why, but that would be too easy. You figure it out.

TD

Meatbomb

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Sweet holy hell I was just saying I saw a piece and I remembered that TD got permabanned from Sedona. No need to cry about it, and as Phillbo politely posted the link to the CH3 video why don't you go answer those questions yourself. I'm off for a night ride

banned
    P:

Thanks for sharing this video with the MTBR viewers. Like I stated previously the real story about trails in Sedona is what is really going on there with the FS and the number one mountain bike volunteer trail builder who is also president of the new Sedona mountain Bike Club.

That individual has done thousands of hours of work for the FS building new trails and the adoption of new trails in Sedona. In the video it stated their has been over 20 miles of newly built and adopted trails brought into the system recently, right?

In the video that misinformed reporter should a small section of the so-callled FS built trail next to the recently newly built trail. The FS employee showed where all the terrible erosion was occurring on the newly constructed trail, right?

Well, if the misinformed reporter were to walk up that FS masterpiece trail known as the Brewer trail it would be interesting how the FS employee would have spun the trail erosion going on on that trail.

For the record any kind of poorly built trail is a crime in my book and possibly the routing of the new trail is much better than the existing Brewer trail, so who knows if it will be considered for adoption sometime in the future.

I think Ch3 should go out and do a new report on all of those newly constructed 20 miles of trail and how one hard working mountain bike volunteer trail builder helped make it happen. That is the real story IMHO. Can anyone speculate why that isn't going to happen?

TD

banned
    Great video.

You shouldn't build trails because a trail becomes a road and a road becomes a dumping ground. - Absolute Bikes employee

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    It's Traildock.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    While I don't support everyone and their brother building wildcat trails, to assume that only illegals trails erode (and FS trails are so much more "kind" to the environment) seems a little over-simplistic.

And it seems that the FS didn't mind giving that impression......

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Looking at those photos it actually looked like the "wildcat" trail was much more sustainable then the actual FS trail that is legit in that area. Just an observation.

banned
    Sweet holy hell I was just saying I saw a piece and I remembered that TD got permabanned from Sedona. No need to cry about it, and as Phillbo politely posted the link to the CH3 video why don't you go answer those questions yourself. I'm off for a night ride
    rferic:

You are the classic MTBR poster that has no clue what the whole Sedona mountain bike trail scene is all about. There was no mention about me in the news clip and you continue to post false information. For those reasons alone you need to get your facts straight.

I would love for some one to contact Ch3 and let them know that the number one volunteer FS trail builder is a mountain biker and he has worked very closely with the FS to recently build and adopt 20 miles of new trail.

A bunch of TD haters pretend like the relationship between the mountain biking community and the FS is strained. How can you get 20 miles of new trails with people like me the number two volunteer FS trail worker helping them build all those new trails?

It is true that there are some people out doing unsanctioned trail building and the FS needs to find out who those individuals are to curtail any future building, but in the meantime the local mountain biking community and the world mountain biking community loves to ride the current trail system, and guys like the President of the Sedona Mountain Bike Club are working to get user built trails they feel are an asset to the community adopted.

They even talk about getting some new trails built that other members of the mountain community would like to be built, but if it isn't something the president wants to be built it's not going to happen because He Gets to Decide.

That individual also built several new trails for the FS recently, so there is obviously a great relationship there and that is what the story is about.

Ch3 was brought in as a reminder that current and future unsanctioned trail building will not be tolerated, got it? No where other than MTBR can you get the real story of all the good things really going on.

If Ch3 really wants to do a cool report they should dig a little deeper, but they won't. The first report should be which user group is doing the most erosion damage in Sedona. If the reporter isn't going to walk up the Brewer trail and check it out he should at least take a ride in the Pink Jeep Dump truck for a day.

Who once said "No More Sh*tty Trails" ?

TD

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    TD doesn't your credibility as super awesome trail builder go out the window when they find out you got popped for unsanctioned TB?

mtbr member
    People have been building trails since the dawn of man. Most of our roadways and highways have evolved from trails cut by people without permits from our esteemed Forrest Service. And BTW, the Sedona landscape is actually the product of erosion.

Thank God the FS wasn't around when General Crook and his scouts were cutting trail from Camp Verde to Payson, or up Shnebly Hill, or through Soldier's Pass. Do you suppose they were certified trail builders? Do you think they took the class? Judging from what happened to TD, those boys would have gotten life sentences for all that damage.

I agree that we can't have people building trails everywhere on their own whim. But callin in a local tv station to do a story? And a trail becoming a road and then becoming a dump?

Really.

Like I said somewhere else...We have way too many paper pushing federal bureaucrats with way too much time on their hands. Instead of putting all that effort into protecting their little kingdoms, maybe they should be spending that time doing what they do best...writing litering citations and giving interpretive tours to school children.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    P:

Thanks for sharing this video with the MTBR viewers. Like I stated previously the real story about trails in Sedona is what is really going on there with the FS and the number one mountain bike volunteer trail builder who is also president of the new Sedona mountain Bike Club.

That individual has done thousands of hours of work for the FS building new trails and the adoption of new trails in Sedona. In the video it stated their has been over 20 miles of newly built and adopted trails brought into the system recently, right?

In the video that misinformed reporter should a small section of the so-callled FS built trail next to the recently newly built trail. The FS employee showed where all the terrible erosion was occurring on the newly constructed trail, right?

Well, if the misinformed reporter were to walk up that FS masterpiece trail known as the Brewer trail it would be interesting how the FS employee would have spun the trail erosion going on on that trail.

For the record any kind of poorly built trail is a crime in my book and possibly the routing of the new trail is much better than the existing Brewer trail, so who knows if it will be considered for adoption sometime in the future.

I think Ch3 should go out and do a new report on all of those newly constructed 20 miles of trail and how one hard working mountain bike volunteer trail builder helped make it happen. That is the real story IMHO. Can anyone speculate why that isn't going to happen?

TD
    The "misinformed reporter" could give a **** about all the "good" trails in Sedona. He was reporting on the news, which is tht the FS is looking for a rouge (or rogue, depending on how you look at it) trailbuilder.
    Last edited by Casual Observer; 08-16-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    The "misinformed reporter" could give a **** about all the "good" trails in Sedona. He was reporting on the news, which is tht the FS is looking for a rouge trailbuilder.
    CO...yer killin me.

rouge...defined

ROUGE

NOUN:

A red or pink cosmetic for coloring the cheeks or lips.
    A reddish powder, chiefly ferric oxide, used to polish metals or glass.
    You mean rogue, right? Huh???

Or is the Forrest Service looking for a trail builder wearin red lipstick? (That should narrow it down some).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion_ View Post
    CO...yer killin me.

rouge...defined

You mean rogue, right? Huh???

Or is the Forrest Service looking for a trail builder wearin red lipstick? (That should narrow it down some).
    Their, is you happy?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

pedaller
    TD doesn't your credibility as super awesome trail builder go out the window when they find out you got popped for unsanctioned TB?

"C'mon Andy, Call the Mayberry Gazette and tell 'em how I...errr...we apprehended the bank robbers! Tell 'em Andy! We'll be heroes!"

"Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

Shovel Ready
    People being fined and kicked out of the Forrest. News reports of the Forrest Service looking for more individuals. How in the world can this be a positive for the mountain bike community as a whole? I have never seen the need to have a berm for a hiker! It's simply going to become a game at some point, if not already! Group A builds trails, Group B Prosecutes the builders when caught. If this stuff continues I can see having access to trails limited for us wanting to bike the area.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

banned
    rferic:

I have been trying to be patient with your being misinformed, but you continue to post information that is not true. I would suggest you take a week or so and read all my previous posts to get your information straight.

To answer your question about the Tea Cup project I was busted for, it was a small trail enhancement on a system trail that is a major connector between two different areas.

I had done a MAJOR enhancement on that same trail previously as the number two FS volunteer trail maintenance person, to allow intermediate riders to ride that trail.

So to improve the character of the trail I did the 1' X 4' trail enhancement to allow the POSSIBILITY of riders, with a lesser still than super expert, to make the climb without getting off their bike.

The improvement I did was a phenomenal success, got it?. It wasn't like the supposed piece of crap new trail that was on Ch3. I am not really sure the new trail is a piece of crap, but the FS says it is, so until I hear differently from others who have seen it I will trust their judgement.

I was not busted for building a trail, unless your definition of a trail is a 1' X 4' section of trail.

What is the real story here is why can't the FS harness the amount of energy that was put into that trail? I gave the FS hundreds of hours of blood and sweat and the number one FS volunteer has given them thousands of hours of volunteer time. I think the number three volunteer is still working with them, but I am not sure about that.

Why can't they reach the point where we can all work together like they do in Bend, Oregon? I do know for a fact that the number one FS volunteer worker doesn't like me and he tells me guys like Ranger77 and Phillbo don't like me either, so that possibly makes it more difficult to unify.

bland
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post

I do know for a fact that the number one FS volunteer worker doesn't like me and he tells me guys like Ranger77 and Phillbo don't like me either, so that possibly makes it more difficult to unify.
    I like John F. I don't like traildoc.

The .05 percent
    Feb 2006
    I wonder where we would be right now if they had not been as much sprayingon the internet about building a legal trails enhancing user experoences or the marketing of maps of illegal trails to tourists. The way I see it the locals got sold out for tourist s in sedona and now all users of the coco are reaping the benefits. Thanks alot I hope you are enjoying your time away.
    29'ers are the scientologists of the MTB world

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    One of FS biggest scams is that ONLY THEY know how to build a quality, well drained, erosion resistant trail! Not only are most OTG trails better built in EVERY way, but they are FUN, have flow and obviously reflect more what people that actually ride bikes want! Their biggest scam ever is selling off all our Timber resources for in many cases less than a buck a tree. Destroying tremendous soil drainage, creating more erosion and just plain laying waste to beautiful Forest environments by building roads with taxpayer dollars so the logging trucks can haul away our resources-all of which does more damage to the environment it was build in than hundreds of miles of buffed out singletrack ever could. In Prescott the call it "thinning"................Phuck the haters TD, you rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thank god for ya!!!!!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    I wonder where we would be right now if they had not been as much sprayingon the internet about building a legal trails enhancing user experoences or the marketing of maps of illegal trails to tourists. The way I see it the locals got sold out for tourist s in sedona and now all users of the coco are reaping the benefits. Thanks alot I hope you are enjoying your time away.
    S:

Very rarely when we go out for a ride on a user built trail do we see many other riders. When we do they are very happy we are sharing our great trail system and have provided them with a comprehensive map to find the good trails. You call it bad, I call it sharing.

When Bike & Bean goes for a shop ride they are riding a user built trail with in 100 yards of their shop. Can you imagine what it would have been like to have to ride up Bell Rock Pathway every time to access Lama?

You and I can spin it any way you want, but my POV is not that off the mark.

TD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast