Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ECEGatorTuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    783

    Traildoc must be at it again...


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7
    Just watched a piece on Ch3. Were they talking about TD when they said a man had been fined earlier this year???

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ECEGatorTuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    783
    I didn't realize this story was already posted in the forum. Mods, please delete this thread if you'd like. My apologies!!

  4. #4
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,637
    Quote Originally Posted by rferic18 View Post
    Just watched a piece on Ch3. Were they talking about TD when they said a man had been fined earlier this year???
    Yes.


    such an ambassador for our sport he is.

  5. #5
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by rferic18 View Post
    Just watched a piece on Ch3. Were they talking about TD when they said a man had been fined earlier this year???
    OK rferic can you quote what they said about me, so we can get a better idea what you are alluding to? Your input is important so we can get the actual facts straight.

    One thing is for sure there are a lot of people who post on MTBR that are out there riding on a lot of Sedona user built trails. Did the Ch3 piece go into the great recreational experience people from all over the world are enjoying in Sedona?

    Sedona is one big erosion nightmare. Millions of people come from all over the world to enjoy its beauty each year and there will be millions more coming for years to come.

    Last year 4 million tourists came to Sedona to enjoy the Red Rock. The FS put in a new trailhead called Yavapi Point to accommodate a bunch of those tourists. The number one mountain bike volunteer trail builder built a bunch of new trails to accommodate those masses of tourists. He also did a bunch of trail work on several user built trails located in the same location that were adopted and signed.

    Did the Ch 3 piece talk about the great relationship the FS has with the volunteer worker to showcase what is really going on in Sedona with the majority of trail building and trail adoption? Come on dude that is where the real story is, why isn't it being the number one news piece on Ch3?

    I can tell you why, but that would be too easy. You figure it out.

    TD

  6. #6
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,637

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7
    Sweet holy hell I was just saying I saw a piece and I remembered that TD got permabanned from Sedona. No need to cry about it, and as Phillbo politely posted the link to the CH3 video why don't you go answer those questions yourself. I'm off for a night ride

  8. #8
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    P:

    Thanks for sharing this video with the MTBR viewers. Like I stated previously the real story about trails in Sedona is what is really going on there with the FS and the number one mountain bike volunteer trail builder who is also president of the new Sedona mountain Bike Club.

    That individual has done thousands of hours of work for the FS building new trails and the adoption of new trails in Sedona. In the video it stated their has been over 20 miles of newly built and adopted trails brought into the system recently, right?

    In the video that misinformed reporter should a small section of the so-callled FS built trail next to the recently newly built trail. The FS employee showed where all the terrible erosion was occurring on the newly constructed trail, right?

    Well, if the misinformed reporter were to walk up that FS masterpiece trail known as the Brewer trail it would be interesting how the FS employee would have spun the trail erosion going on on that trail.

    For the record any kind of poorly built trail is a crime in my book and possibly the routing of the new trail is much better than the existing Brewer trail, so who knows if it will be considered for adoption sometime in the future.

    I think Ch3 should go out and do a new report on all of those newly constructed 20 miles of trail and how one hard working mountain bike volunteer trail builder helped make it happen. That is the real story IMHO. Can anyone speculate why that isn't going to happen?

    TD

  9. #9
    banned
    Reputation: The Prodigal Son's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    860
    Great video.

    You shouldn't build trails because a trail becomes a road and a road becomes a dumping ground. - Absolute Bikes employee

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,523
    It's Traildock.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,290
    While I don't support everyone and their brother building wildcat trails, to assume that only illegals trails erode (and FS trails are so much more "kind" to the environment) seems a little over-simplistic.

    And it seems that the FS didn't mind giving that impression......

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,062
    Looking at those photos it actually looked like the "wildcat" trail was much more sustainable then the actual FS trail that is legit in that area. Just an observation.

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by rferic18 View Post
    Sweet holy hell I was just saying I saw a piece and I remembered that TD got permabanned from Sedona. No need to cry about it, and as Phillbo politely posted the link to the CH3 video why don't you go answer those questions yourself. I'm off for a night ride
    rferic:

    You are the classic MTBR poster that has no clue what the whole Sedona mountain bike trail scene is all about. There was no mention about me in the news clip and you continue to post false information. For those reasons alone you need to get your facts straight.

    I would love for some one to contact Ch3 and let them know that the number one volunteer FS trail builder is a mountain biker and he has worked very closely with the FS to recently build and adopt 20 miles of new trail.

    A bunch of TD haters pretend like the relationship between the mountain biking community and the FS is strained. How can you get 20 miles of new trails with people like me the number two volunteer FS trail worker helping them build all those new trails?

    It is true that there are some people out doing unsanctioned trail building and the FS needs to find out who those individuals are to curtail any future building, but in the meantime the local mountain biking community and the world mountain biking community loves to ride the current trail system, and guys like the President of the Sedona Mountain Bike Club are working to get user built trails they feel are an asset to the community adopted.

    They even talk about getting some new trails built that other members of the mountain community would like to be built, but if it isn't something the president wants to be built it's not going to happen because He Gets to Decide.

    That individual also built several new trails for the FS recently, so there is obviously a great relationship there and that is what the story is about.

    Ch3 was brought in as a reminder that current and future unsanctioned trail building will not be tolerated, got it? No where other than MTBR can you get the real story of all the good things really going on.

    If Ch3 really wants to do a cool report they should dig a little deeper, but they won't. The first report should be which user group is doing the most erosion damage in Sedona. If the reporter isn't going to walk up the Brewer trail and check it out he should at least take a ride in the Pink Jeep Dump truck for a day.

    Who once said "No More Sh*tty Trails" ?

    TD

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7
    TD doesn't your credibility as super awesome trail builder go out the window when they find out you got popped for unsanctioned TB?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Centurion_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    732
    People have been building trails since the dawn of man. Most of our roadways and highways have evolved from trails cut by people without permits from our esteemed Forrest Service. And BTW, the Sedona landscape is actually the product of erosion.

    Thank God the FS wasn't around when General Crook and his scouts were cutting trail from Camp Verde to Payson, or up Shnebly Hill, or through Soldier's Pass. Do you suppose they were certified trail builders? Do you think they took the class? Judging from what happened to TD, those boys would have gotten life sentences for all that damage.

    I agree that we can't have people building trails everywhere on their own whim. But callin in a local tv station to do a story? And a trail becoming a road and then becoming a dump?

    Really.

    Like I said somewhere else...We have way too many paper pushing federal bureaucrats with way too much time on their hands. Instead of putting all that effort into protecting their little kingdoms, maybe they should be spending that time doing what they do best...writing litering citations and giving interpretive tours to school children.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,194
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    P:

    Thanks for sharing this video with the MTBR viewers. Like I stated previously the real story about trails in Sedona is what is really going on there with the FS and the number one mountain bike volunteer trail builder who is also president of the new Sedona mountain Bike Club.

    That individual has done thousands of hours of work for the FS building new trails and the adoption of new trails in Sedona. In the video it stated their has been over 20 miles of newly built and adopted trails brought into the system recently, right?

    In the video that misinformed reporter should a small section of the so-callled FS built trail next to the recently newly built trail. The FS employee showed where all the terrible erosion was occurring on the newly constructed trail, right?

    Well, if the misinformed reporter were to walk up that FS masterpiece trail known as the Brewer trail it would be interesting how the FS employee would have spun the trail erosion going on on that trail.

    For the record any kind of poorly built trail is a crime in my book and possibly the routing of the new trail is much better than the existing Brewer trail, so who knows if it will be considered for adoption sometime in the future.

    I think Ch3 should go out and do a new report on all of those newly constructed 20 miles of trail and how one hard working mountain bike volunteer trail builder helped make it happen. That is the real story IMHO. Can anyone speculate why that isn't going to happen?

    TD
    The "misinformed reporter" could give a **** about all the "good" trails in Sedona. He was reporting on the news, which is tht the FS is looking for a rouge (or rogue, depending on how you look at it) trailbuilder.
    Last edited by Casual Observer; 08-16-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Centurion_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    The "misinformed reporter" could give a **** about all the "good" trails in Sedona. He was reporting on the news, which is tht the FS is looking for a rouge trailbuilder.
    CO...yer killin me.


    rouge...defined

    ROUGE

    NOUN:

    A red or pink cosmetic for coloring the cheeks or lips.
    A reddish powder, chiefly ferric oxide, used to polish metals or glass.
    You mean rogue, right? Huh???

    Or is the Forrest Service looking for a trail builder wearin red lipstick? (That should narrow it down some).

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion_ View Post
    CO...yer killin me.


    rouge...defined



    You mean rogue, right? Huh???

    Or is the Forrest Service looking for a trail builder wearin red lipstick? (That should narrow it down some).
    Their, is you happy?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  19. #19
    pedaller
    Reputation: Noelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,400
    Quote Originally Posted by rferic18 View Post
    TD doesn't your credibility as super awesome trail builder go out the window when they find out you got popped for unsanctioned TB?


    "C'mon Andy, Call the Mayberry Gazette and tell 'em how I...errr...we apprehended the bank robbers! Tell 'em Andy! We'll be heroes!"

    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

  20. #20
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    People being fined and kicked out of the Forrest. News reports of the Forrest Service looking for more individuals. How in the world can this be a positive for the mountain bike community as a whole? I have never seen the need to have a berm for a hiker! It's simply going to become a game at some point, if not already! Group A builds trails, Group B Prosecutes the builders when caught. If this stuff continues I can see having access to trails limited for us wanting to bike the area.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  21. #21
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by rferic18 View Post
    TD doesn't your credibility as super awesome trail builder go out the window when they find out you got popped for unsanctioned TB?
    rferic:

    I have been trying to be patient with your being misinformed, but you continue to post information that is not true. I would suggest you take a week or so and read all my previous posts to get your information straight.

    To answer your question about the Tea Cup project I was busted for, it was a small trail enhancement on a system trail that is a major connector between two different areas.

    I had done a MAJOR enhancement on that same trail previously as the number two FS volunteer trail maintenance person, to allow intermediate riders to ride that trail.

    So to improve the character of the trail I did the 1' X 4' trail enhancement to allow the POSSIBILITY of riders, with a lesser still than super expert, to make the climb without getting off their bike.

    The improvement I did was a phenomenal success, got it?. It wasn't like the supposed piece of crap new trail that was on Ch3. I am not really sure the new trail is a piece of crap, but the FS says it is, so until I hear differently from others who have seen it I will trust their judgement.

    I was not busted for building a trail, unless your definition of a trail is a 1' X 4' section of trail.

    What is the real story here is why can't the FS harness the amount of energy that was put into that trail? I gave the FS hundreds of hours of blood and sweat and the number one FS volunteer has given them thousands of hours of volunteer time. I think the number three volunteer is still working with them, but I am not sure about that.

    Why can't they reach the point where we can all work together like they do in Bend, Oregon? I do know for a fact that the number one FS volunteer worker doesn't like me and he tells me guys like Ranger77 and Phillbo don't like me either, so that possibly makes it more difficult to unify.

  22. #22
    bland
    Reputation: m77ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post

    I do know for a fact that the number one FS volunteer worker doesn't like me and he tells me guys like Ranger77 and Phillbo don't like me either, so that possibly makes it more difficult to unify.
    I like John F. I don't like traildoc.

  23. #23
    The .05 percent
    Reputation: sinatorj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    680
    I wonder where we would be right now if they had not been as much sprayingon the internet about building a legal trails enhancing user experoences or the marketing of maps of illegal trails to tourists. The way I see it the locals got sold out for tourist s in sedona and now all users of the coco are reaping the benefits. Thanks alot I hope you are enjoying your time away.
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,382
    One of FS biggest scams is that ONLY THEY know how to build a quality, well drained, erosion resistant trail! Not only are most OTG trails better built in EVERY way, but they are FUN, have flow and obviously reflect more what people that actually ride bikes want! Their biggest scam ever is selling off all our Timber resources for in many cases less than a buck a tree. Destroying tremendous soil drainage, creating more erosion and just plain laying waste to beautiful Forest environments by building roads with taxpayer dollars so the logging trucks can haul away our resources-all of which does more damage to the environment it was build in than hundreds of miles of buffed out singletrack ever could. In Prescott the call it "thinning"................Phuck the haters TD, you rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thank god for ya!!!!!

  25. #25
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    I wonder where we would be right now if they had not been as much sprayingon the internet about building a legal trails enhancing user experoences or the marketing of maps of illegal trails to tourists. The way I see it the locals got sold out for tourist s in sedona and now all users of the coco are reaping the benefits. Thanks alot I hope you are enjoying your time away.
    S:

    Very rarely when we go out for a ride on a user built trail do we see many other riders. When we do they are very happy we are sharing our great trail system and have provided them with a comprehensive map to find the good trails. You call it bad, I call it sharing.

    When Bike & Bean goes for a shop ride they are riding a user built trail with in 100 yards of their shop. Can you imagine what it would have been like to have to ride up Bell Rock Pathway every time to access Lama?

    You and I can spin it any way you want, but my POV is not that off the mark.

    TD

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,194
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    S:

    Very rarely when we go out for a ride on a user built trail do we see many other riders. When we do they are very happy we are sharing our great trail system and have provided them with a comprehensive map to find the good trails. You call it bad, I call it sharing.

    When Bike & Bean goes for a shop ride they are riding a user built trail with in 100 yards of their shop. Can you imagine what it would have been like to have to ride up Bell Rock Pathway every time to access Lama?

    You and I can spin it any way you want, but my POV is not that off the mark.

    TD
    Where do you think Sedona will be in 10 years if some keep defying the FS? I think their actions these last 6 or so months is a pretty good indication they too want to work together. But when some keep bad mouthing them publically, IMO, they need to take a hard stance.

    Like it or not.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  27. #27
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Where do you think Sedona will be in 10 years if some keep defying the FS? I think their actions these last 6 or so months is a pretty good indication they too want to work together. But when some keep bad mouthing them publically, IMO, they need to take a hard stance.

    Like it or not.
    CO:

    The mountain bike community has helped the FS make Sedona a riding Mecca. Unlike a lot of other areas that have a poorly built trail system the user built trails are well constructed and strategically located. You can hope that Sedona doesn't progress to the point that the FS adopts our current trail system and allows the mountain biking community to maintain those trails but IMHO you are wasting your time.

    When I did the repair on the Tea Cup trail there was no mention I did a crappy job on the repair I just didn't get the proper paperwork to do the job. To be pig headed and not let the mountain biking community help with the ongoing trail maintenance needs seems rather short sighted.

    I believe that if the FS were to allow the mountain biking community to adopt the user built trails brought into the system there would be a lot less unsanctioned trail building going on.

  28. #28
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,637
    Do you ever get tired of talking about u and the Tea Cup improvement that would have made that 4' section of trail rideable for 70% of the 3%'r ?

    or is it the 30% of the user built ..... never mind. it gets old too fast.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Eazy_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,564
    I thought I was the only one who could troll traildoc?

  30. #30
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Do you ever get tired of talking about u and the Tea Cup improvement that would have made that 4' section of trail rideable for 70% of the 3%'r ?

    or is it the 30% of the user built ..... never mind. it gets old too fast.
    Nope, are you ever going to learn to use the Ignore Button.

  31. #31
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Nope, are you ever going to learn to use the Ignore Button.
    Maybe MTBR should fine you a grand, and send you over to Ridemonkey for six months.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    527
    its never his fault. He could be the only one in the room arguing his point and he would just keep trying to convince everyone else that they were wrong. I think he has got his way by wearing people down over many many decades and with the mantra "its easier to ask for apology the to beg for permission" it only compounds the situation.


    TD I do have you on my ignore list but I think the system has just given up even trying to remember the long list of people that have done this already.
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

  33. #33
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
    its never his fault. He could be the only one in the room arguing his point and he would just keep trying to convince everyone else that they were wrong. I think he has got his way by wearing people down over many many decades and with the mantra "its easier to ask for apology the to beg for permission" it only compounds the situation.


    TD I do have you on my ignore list but I think the system has just given up even trying to remember the long list of people that have done this already.
    ttocs:

    Currently the Sedona and Flag mountain biking community is trying to come up with a LONG TERM SOLUTION to stop rogue trail building. I was picked by the Sedona FS to be one of the poster child's for what happens to individuals who don't always get permission to do trail work.

    Hopefully their approach is convincing others to stop doing rogue trail building, so far we have one new rogue trail apparently built in a very poor manner that probably will never be adopted in the future.

    The only mountain biker that has come out in a public forum to request that mountain bikers stop rogue trail building is me. Even though I have made that request, we have one new trail apparently done by a rookie trail builder that doesn't have one clue about sustainable trail building.

    There were three main FS volunteer trail builders (now only two) in Sedona that worked for the FS to build new trails. Neither one of the two other volunteers have publicly come up with a solution for controlling rogue trail building.

    Raisingarizona is trying hard to come up with some new trail ideas in Flag to appease the downhill communities desire to have something new and challenging. Hopefully his hard work will bring the desired result. In the meantime while he is tromping through the woods, no new trail is being built, because he is too busy to be involved in such project.

    He wants his hard work to bring the desired result. He is working within the system and the ultimate results of his work will be an example and maybe catalyst to other system projects.

    There is a lot of volunteer talent out there that could possibly be used to help build the type of trail ra is proposing to the FS, the problem is will the FS be able to keep those talented volunteers busy so they don't work on other projects.

    I did hundreds of hours of excellent volunteer work for the FS to help build a new trail, doing trail maintenance and working on trail adoption projects. The FS had 16 trails in the adoption process, why couldn't they keep me busy doing the work necessary to bring those projects into the system or empowering me to be able to do necessary maintenance projects, that I was totally qualified to do?

    The answer is there is a Congressional Mandate that doesn't allow for any dirt work to be done without spending tens of thousands of dollars, so guys like raisingarizona will have to spend years sharpening there tools before they get to use them on new projects. But in the mean time his FGR group can practice their skills on doing maintenance projects the Flagstaff FS feels are necessary to keep their trails in a sustainable manner.

    The problem with that is not all the FGR group may want to volunteer their time on the dates that the Flag FS wants to do the maintenance projects, because they want to ride with their buddies, who are shuttling up Elden to ride the fun stuff. Or doing Flag FS maintenance projects doesn't stimulate their creative nature on something new, so they never work on FS maintenance.

    If they had a new approved downhill project to build and ra had the permission to work on the project anytime during the week that project would get built in record time and the FGR group wouldn't be out working on a rogue project.
    Last edited by traildoc; 08-18-2012 at 01:25 PM.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    rferic:

    I have been trying to be patient with your being misinformed, but you continue to post information that is not true. I would suggest you take a week or so and read all my previous posts to get your information straight.
    LOL @ one week to read ALL his previous posts. Gonna take more time than that Senator Thurmond

  35. #35
    dirt visionary
    Reputation: clockwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,371
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    The only mountain biker that has come out in a public forum to request that mountain bikers stop rogue trail building is me.

    So what happened to the normal jabs saying what have you done lately to better the mtb experience?? What about the jabs calling others lazy for not doing trail trail maintenance ?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

  36. #36
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    clockwork:

    My prior post was meant to be a NEW POST. It was not directed to you personally, sorry about that, but if you do have a solution, don't hold back.

    Everyone wants to blame GW for our current 16 trillion dollar debt, but no one has the political will to solve the problem because it will be painful, so let's keep blaming GW, that will solve it. We all know what the solution is but no one wants to be honest about it.
    Last edited by traildoc; 08-18-2012 at 01:58 PM.

  37. #37
    dirt visionary
    Reputation: clockwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,371
    Oh the typical response ignore the questions or statements and try to flip into a what are you doing senario

    I have NO plan and ride up there maybe TWICE a year so I can care less what happens up there keep all your self-created drama..You helped create that monster that now needs to be leashed.

    We have our own monsters here in the valley to deal with that are worthy of my effort and time.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

  38. #38
    bland
    Reputation: m77ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Raisingarizona is trying hard to come up with some new trail ideas in Flag to appease the downhill communities desire to have something new and challenging. Hopefully his hard work will bring the desired result. In the meantime while he is tromping through the woods, no new trail is being built, because he is too busy to be involved in such project.

    He wants his hard work to bring the desired result. He is working within the system and the ultimate results of his work will be an example and maybe catalyst to other system projects.

    There is a lot of volunteer talent out there that could possibly be used to help build the type of trail ra is proposing to the FS, the problem is will the FS be able to keep those talented volunteers busy so they don't work on other projects.
    RA is actually getting things done while you are getting yourself kicked out of the forest. Josh is a much better trail builder than you could ever hope to be and I'm glad Flagstaff got him and not you.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    527
    helped create? Understatement of the century already...
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •