A plethora of pinatas

Trail Work at MMP Pemberton Trail - Sat, 12/7/13

Trail work day out at McDowell Mountain Park this Sat, 12/7/13 from 8:00 AM - Noon. Meet at the Trailhead Staging Area at 8:00 AM. Bring H2O, work gloves and any trail work tools you have. The park will also have tools for volunteers to use.

If you do not have a park pass, let the host know that you are there for trail work and you can enter the park for free.

Areas to to worked on: repair erosion damage on Pemberton, fixing a few off-camber turns, and adding a few bridges to steep wash areas.

Hours worked will be logged with the MBAA for anyone looking to get their MBAA trail work hours in. Be sure to sign in at the trailhead.

Hope to see you out there!

McDowell Mountain Regional Park
    16300 McDowell Mountain Park Dr.
    MMRP Arizona 85255
    Ph: 480-471-0173 Fax: 602-372-8507
    mcdowellpark@mail.maricopa.gov
    Marty

The Original Suspect
    I would love to join in on this but a prior commitment prevents it! The work done will be much appreciated as always, Thanks!!!

The Next 100 Miler
    Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. Your work looked great on my ride this morning. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    rode there today, alot of trail work was done...Awesome job guys and gals..!!
    alot more work to be done, I saw a new trail cut too..

mtbr member
    Saw the FB posts about the work. Thank you to all who went-you rock!

Marty- I really want to go help out, but the last two dates came with too short of notice for me. Maybe I am a wierdo d-bag, but I tend to plan out about a month ahead because of my schedule. IF you can- I would love some lead time. Even if its a tentative and you can only PM me that would help. Thanks again for putting it all together!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    cstem, There are some trail work dates in the planning stages for MMP, Estrella and White Tank through MBAA and the County Parks Managers. Each trail work event will include Friday and Saturday camping at the trailhead, trail maintenance on the competitive loops and social activities such as a poker run, group rides, skills clinics etc.

The tentative dates are:

Friday January 10 - Saturday January 11, 2013 - McDowell Mountain Park
    Friday January 31 - Saturday February 1, 2013 - White Tank Park
    Friday March 14 - Saturday March 15, 2013 - Estrella Mountain Park (post race date due to conflict with NASCAR event)

Will post additional details as the dates are officially confirmed.

A plethora of pinatas
    Thanks to everyone that came out and did some great work on the trails. Also, thanks to the MBAA for the Coffee & Bagels!!
    Marty

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_AlanS View Post
    cstem, There are some trail work dates in the planning stages for MMP, Estrella and White Tank through MBAA and the County Parks Managers. Each trail work event will include Friday and Saturday camping at the trailhead, trail maintenance on the competitive loops and social activities such as a poker run, group rides, skills clinics etc.

The tentative dates are:

Friday January 10 - Saturday January 11, 2013 - McDowell Mountain Park
    Friday January 31 - Saturday February 1, 2013 - White Tank Park
    Friday March 14 - Saturday March 15, 2013 - Estrella Mountain Park (post race date due to conflict with NASCAR event)

Will post additional details as the dates are officially confirmed.
    Thanks! I will have to try and make one of the first two. Great chance to pre-ride before the race AND help out! Much appreciated Alan!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

SCRUBDUNKER
    I hadn't ridden Pemberton in like, two years, but on my preride for Dawn to Dusk yesterday, my friends told me that the areas that had work done were much improved, so, hats off - thanks!