Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012

trail behavior suggestions

I get out to fins as much as possible. Usually a couple three times a month. I am not an expert - really a beginner. Not only are the trails fun, I can get some good advice - from all the awesome people we meet out there. The only time I've ever had problems was a dude who was clearly a very experienced mountain biker almost ran me off the trail on kims and then tail-gated my DH who ate it going down the hurl. This dude did not announce himself or signal or anything. I know this guy is just one guy, but he makes ALL mountain bikers look bad. He wears a DNA kit and is super fast and talented. He needs to take it to heart that there is a difference between "fast and talented" and "great." Just a warning that this guy is out there. I'll prolly say some nasty things to him if he crosses my path again.

I'm sure all trails have "A"dam "H"enrys on them. But if we all work to be good trail users maybe hikers and horseback riders will like us more. (Coming from a former horse girl who didn't care to share the trail with mountain bikers...)

Just A Mountain Biker.

Quote Originally Posted by sya_unit View Post
    He wears a DNA kit
    That really says it all right there. It must be that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    26" isn't dead, it just got FAT

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I get out to fins as much as possible. Usually a couple three times a month. I am not an expert - really a beginner. Not only are the trails fun, I can get some good advice - from all the awesome people we meet out there. The only time I've ever had problems was a dude who was clearly a very experienced mountain biker almost ran me off the trail on kims and then tail-gated my DH who ate it going down the hurl. This dude did not announce himself or signal or anything. I know this guy is just one guy, but he makes ALL mountain bikers look bad. He wears a DNA kit and is super fast and talented. He needs to take it to heart that there is a difference between "fast and talented" and "great." Just a warning that this guy is out there. I'll prolly say some nasty things to him if he crosses my path again.

I'm sure all trails have "A"dam "H"enrys on them. But if we all work to be good trail users maybe hikers and horseback riders will like us more. (Coming from a former horse girl who didn't care to share the trail with mountain bikers...)
    There are guys like that everywhere. Most riders, however, are pretty laid back. And at FINS? I've only met nice folk out there....

Meatbomb
    and then tail-gated my DH who ate it
    What is a DH?

Learn to use your elbows

Meatbomb
    What is a 'Kit'?

My other ride is your mom
    Where is this FINS? Can I have a map?

mtbr member

There is a sign at the top of The Hurl that clearly says "experts only" as it could be a pretty dangerous trail for a beginner, or anyone for that matter, to be riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post

Learn to use your elbows
    that's what I would do....
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CridgeMTBT View Post
    There is a sign at the top of The Hurl that clearly says "experts only" as it could be a pretty dangerous trail for a beginner, or anyone for that matter, to be riding.

I guess my 10 year old is a "expert" then.. most the jumps have slowly been removed and it's a basic down hill section now. Hell even the fun double at the very end was cut down.. only 1/4 of that jump is left.
    2013 Trek Rig SS
    2014 Trek X-Cal 5
    2014 Trek Slash 7
    2015 Trek Stache 8

Shift less, Pedal more.
    "This dude did not announce.....He wears a DNA kit"

Hence DNA....
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

mtbr member
    Write your congressman

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Where is this FINS? Can I have a map?
    Whats a map? Is that like the new iphone gps app?
    "This fish who keeps on swimming, is the first to chill upstream" - 311

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    My kit says JCPenney
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    My kit say's SAVERS! UP
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    What is a 'Kit'?
    i think he slathers himself in the secretions of a young fox

mtbr member
    was it this guy?

I'm Faster Than You - YouTube

ive run into a few db's on the trail, i just ignore them. They are everywhere.....Dont let one a-hole get to ya...just keep on ridin the good ride

If you really want to, you could stoop to his level and just brake check'em....nuthin like a face full of dust to feed the fire.....maybe he will get some skills and learn how to pass

mtbr member
    What is a DH?
    Dumb Husband ?
    Damn Hillbilly ?
    Doogie Howser ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

"he makes"...."he needs", well I'd say you have it all figured out. Well done!
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member

Brake checking and throwing elbows?

Ok seriously, pretty sure I know the guy mentioned by the OP.

*Not an a hole.

**Yes a great rider.

***Also spent a lot of time building and maintaining the trails mentioned by the OP.

The SW Valley is a pretty cool place to ride and has a great MTB community, with the guy posted about being one of the most well known and friendliest to both XC racers and newbies alike. We should all be reminded that there are two sides to every story.

Rhino
    I'm the guy your looking for. I'm generally a d1ckh3ad in life with poor bike manners...and skills.

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanseeds View Post
    I'm the guy your looking for. I'm generally a d1ckh3ad in life with poor bike manners...and skills.
    I'm going to elbow check you in the mangina this weekend on the bikepack....because that's where bikepacking needs to progress....strava bikepacking....progression knows no boundaries.....don't hate the playa'....hate the game, SON!

Meatbomb
    Are we in the EU? What's with the 'kit' stuff. Don't we still call it a Jersey?

I'm heading for DNA right now and gonna throw and elbow at the first person that walk within striking range. After I take out some big breasted bimbo in Safeway

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    I'm going to elbow check you in the mangina this weekend on the bikepack....because that's where bikepacking needs to progress....strava bikepacking....progression knows no boundaries.....don't hate the playa'....hate the game, SON!
    Free play on my mangina if he wears a race kit.

bland
    I wish I could meet Kit Carson. I'd rip off his elbows and shove them up his strava. KOM!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Are we in the EU? What's with the 'kit' stuff. Don't we still call it a Jersey?

I'm heading for DNA right now and gonna throw and elbow at the first person that walk within striking range. After I take out some big breasted bimbo in Safeway
    It's for roadies who ride on the trails. And.......I blame Strava......and Lance....and Kimurel......
    Last edited by PhxChem; 04-25-2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Adding more lame jokes = better post?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast