mtbr member

Tortolita Mountain Park - looking to ride

I am going to stay in a nearby hotel for a conference over Saturday.

Any good MTB riding outhere? Looking for single-track, xc-trail and lots of miles. I would appreciate links to your strava, garmin, etc. ride maps.

B.

mtbr member
    correct me if I am wrong, but I think this used be referred to as Rail X Ranch... I used to ride this area a lot from about 1992 to 1997 (I lived in Tucson at this time). It was great then. It's likely even better now.
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

rab
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    There were some trails in the Tortolitas but not sure of status now with development since I lived there. Maybe look for access off Dove Mtn Blvd or out of the Saguaro Ranch area.
    Another option to consider - the trails east of there on the other side of 77. Some trails out of Catalina SP, 50 year trail and some other stuff north of there. The Chutes are back off Cloud 9 drive. Check that area out, there are a lot of trails back in that area.

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Try upper javialina trail it has a little of everything. You can also go on tucsonmtb.com to try and get more info. There is a ton of trails right there in the torts.

Ahhh the pain....
    you could go ride the Torde50 route, AES's February race. Up in that neighborhood...gpx is at the URL below.
    2 Tor de 50 | Arizona Endurance Series
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Check out the routes on skidmap.com - a lot of rides have been added to the interactive map in Tucson.
    Bear Down

Plus size jersey model
    Here you go Mountain Bike Ride Profile | 26miles near Marana | Times and Records | Strava. This is probably the best loop out there starting and finishing at the resort. The link RayB is pretty nice as well just if you want even more miles. Dont listen to Skunkbro just riding Upper Jav and back will be very short miles and you will be hiking a ton. Unless you like steep techy climbing. With the Tort50 or the strava loop you get to come down Upper Jav instead of trying to go up it. PM me your email if you want me to send you the actual file.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bigworm520 View Post
    Here you go Mountain Bike Ride Profile | 26miles near Marana | Times and Records | Strava. This is probably the best loop out there starting and finishing at the resort. The link RayB is pretty nice as well just if you want even more miles. Dont listen to Skunkbro just riding Upper Jav and back will be very short miles and you will be hiking a ton. Unless you like steep techy climbing. With the Tort50 or the strava loop you get to come down Upper Jav instead of trying to go up it. PM me your email if you want me to send you the actual file.
    Thanks for the love Vern.

Plus size jersey model
    Quote Originally Posted by Strunkbro View Post
    Thanks for the love Vern.
    Anytime Bro

mtbr member
    Thanks for the posts, helpful for next time

mtbr member
    That Torts loop is an awesome ride. A little bit of everything.
    -- Evil Patrick

My Music

My Videos

Ride everything! Remember, Elvis died pushing.