Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Timber Mesa Trail Best Times Contest

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  dirtbag911 
#1 ·
We will be running a little contest from now till the end of July to see who can get the best time on the Timber Mesa trail up here in Pinetop. The rules are simple...

1. Ride the trail, and only the trail. Don't make it part of a ride that includes other trails. Also, don't try to ride something else that is faster just to win because god will kill a puppy.
2. Time yourself. You can ride it clockwise or counterclockwise however you like. Time yourself from your start in the parking lot till you end in the parking lot. You can use a GPS, or a bike computer. It needs to show the mileage to be valid, so no stop watches.
3. Bring in your time (gps unit or bike computer) to our Cactus Bike store in and give your stats to whoever is working. We will want to know your Name, Time, Date of ride, Where you are from, and What kind of bike you did it on.

We will have a running list posted in the shop and will update on our site and Facebook for top times. The top few places will get prizes, and bragging rights.

Timber Mesa is the perfect trail. It has everything you could ever want from techy rock sections to super fast singletrack through the pines. It is about 7 miles of awesome...So come out and ride!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh snap...you guys have way to much time on your hands:D Good to see you putting it towards riding:thumbsup: Hows the trail? All blown out from stupid horses/cows on the back side?

So y'all gonna have a competition with Tod and the crew..heard thats what they do..??? They where hitting it up alot last year.

You should go hit up the secrets, bring a corona with;)

Hey don't forget about that 20.......

#6 ·
SmokenspokesSteve-o said:
Oh snap...you guys have way to much time on your hands:D Good to see you putting it towards riding:thumbsup: Hows the trail? All blown out from stupid horses/cows on the back side?

So y'all gonna have a competition with Tod and the crew..heard thats what they do..??? They where hitting it up alot last year.

You should go hit up the secrets, bring a corona with;)

Hey don't forget about that 20.......
yeah buddy...i got your 20 buddy...joey and i are pretty much ready to take it to 30...

Trail was good, not much horse/elk damage at all...the rocks are still good and techy and the forest floor is awesome right now!

My best as of right now for timber is about an hour and 20 minutes...on a 47 pound dirtbag! :thumbsup:

#7 ·
dirtbag911 said:
yeah buddy...i got your 20 buddy...joey and i are pretty much ready to take it to 30...

Trail was good, not much horse/elk damage at all...the rocks are still good and techy and the forest floor is awesome right now!

My best as of right now for timber is about an hour and 20 minutes...on a 47 pound dirtbag! :thumbsup:
That hour and twenty included the Osprey connector addition, we finished Timber Mesa in about 55 minutes, but that was a slow pace with stopping a lot, so we will go out and do just Timber Mesa tomorrow and bang it out quick no stopping.

#19 ·
Oh no! all your times (and mine) just went to a new place holder! Anyone from Phoenix wanna come show a little XC effort? There is a new 1st place holder in our ongoing contest:

44 minutes 11 seconds is the current time to beat, it was done on a 29er.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.