mtbr member

These aren't even cheater lines...

More bonehead moves on the trail. People created this line to avoid a few small bumps in the trail that was once singletrack, now the trail is about 3’ wide in this section. As you are looking at the photo, the darker (Gray-ish) area of the trail is T100 and it is down to bedrock (as it has been since the 90’s according to the hiker I was talking to) and the lighter tan line is the new ‘’fast’’ line. People doing this stuff have no respect for the other users or the trail system at all. This doesn’t even make sense, over time this line will wear down to bedrock also, leaving a 3’ wide bumpy bed rock trail and there will be no net gain. Thankfully, someone shut this one down and a few others. Someone also made a line around the inside of the T100 pole as you are going down hill towards SR51.

Join the growing singletrack movement and shut down alternate lines whenever you see them!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails These aren't even cheater lines...-1211121301.jpg  

These aren't even cheater lines...-1211121302.jpg  

Shovel Ready
    Been up by the Christmas tree recently. Someone blocked of the line heading North on 220. Created a new line for 30 feet of trail. I am not expert on this stuff, but this new line looks like it will not wear well! Big rock in 1a going east of VOAZ is gone. Seems like someone is doing a lot of so called maintenance. I have yet to see a trail crew out there in the 6 years of riding that area.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    They're just Doctoring the Trails the other users won't. You want everybody to have a positive user experience, don't you?

How much further ???
    Wow that is really stupid. Same lame a$$ crap going on a Hawes. Im going to shut down as many as I can and they better hope I dont catch them in the act.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

My other ride is your mom

mtbr member
    passing lanes to get around militant hikers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by berzerker View Post
    Dude, that's what bells, cattle prods and "Hi there....GET THE F@#K OUT OF MY WAY......thank you" is for.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Dude, that's what bells, cattle prods and "Hi there....GET THE F@#K OUT OF MY WAY......thank you" is for.
    Amen!!
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

Vitamin Bike Added
    ^^ My best guess also. Probably started as an 'only option' when stuck behind a soccer mom power walker with headphones in and ended up a cheater-line.
    Keep the rubber side down

mtbr member
    That is what those look like as well.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Meatbomb
    That's a lot of passing going on.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    That's where doodooboi and I rub elbows on the way back to 40thst.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!