Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Is there any riding near Payson? Yes there is!

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  big0mike 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a little clip of the Horton Creek trail. It is located about 18 miles north of Payson. You basically climb 4 miles underneath the Mogollon Rim and then turn around and bomb back down. It's a lot of fun and worth doing if you're in the area. Especially in the summer.

As I mentioned in the Vimeo description, you do not need the full DH setup to for this trail. I recently broke my ribs and got 4 stitches in my elbow. I decided to gear up to try and avoid further injury while I nurse myself back to good health. Normally its just a helmet and speedo for me. :thumbsup:

Enjoy

Horton Creek Near Payson, AZ on Vimeo

#3 ·
I do. Looks really neat. Like that exposure at the one point. Looks like a great trail for the prescott rigid SS contingent, hehe. Nice vid.

#9 ·
Hiked it many times, this last time I was actually trying to thik about how it would be on a bike. They did a reroute on the upper section to avoid the old "road" and it seems like it would be fun on 2 wheels. If you go all the way to the springs though, it is a good climb, at least for me it would be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.