wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

Thanksgiving Gathering in Tucson

Thanksgiving Get-Together

No family in town? Want a change?

We are having a get-together. We will be cooking one brined turkey breast on the grill and mesquite grilling another.

Easy, short rides through the chutes or middlegate/50 Year will be encouraged ( or start early and cover a lot of ground). Bring family/non-riders (we'll have several non-riders in town from Illinois) and join us for a casual dinner and beverages. Imbibers are welcome to claim futon or floor space and ride again in the morning!!!

520.825.4590 or (cell)520.907.8735
    Last edited by C.J.; 11-19-2008 at 07:09 AM.
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

mtbr member
    I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving out there!

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

Thank You!

It's just a small group of us, but, we have a good time.

Right now, there are three species of hawks actively hunting the area, (besides the soaring red tails) so it is never dull or boring, here.

Have fun, everybody!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving out there!
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I am not going anywhere nor havin any family in town, this sounds like a good time. I'll try and make it out there.....
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner

wowarizona.com
    Jan 2004

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs
    I am not going anywhere nor havin any family in town, this sounds like a good time. I'll try and make it out there.....
    You are welcome to join us.

My guests aren’t ‘riders’ the way we think of it. They have ridden out here with me before, so this isn’t virgin territory for them, but, they are a bit ‘soft’. They are some of my old friends from childhood (over 35 years) that 'just like to get out there' when ever they visit from Illinois. My ride with them will, most likely, consist of being dropped at Golder TH, riding parts of 50, middlegate as far as the balancing saguaro, back out to the 50, to Chutes/Rollercoaster to home. Those looking for a ‘real ride’ should do their thing, pass us repeatedly, then join us for the swoop down the hill to the house, (or meet us there, start your ride from there…whatever works) On my ride, I’ll take a bunch of photos, maybe bring a little holiday cheer with me…

Dinner: We do a southwestern adaptation of traditional ingredients.

Our appetizer will be a homemade chiles con queso dip with tortilla chips, fresh onion, cilantro & sour cream, salsa and cut veggies.

With a small group, (as it is looking now) we will be preparing two turkey breasts. One will be prepared by brining in a solution of organic broth, spices (veggies, red & green chiles) and then cooked on a propane grill, browned to perfection. The other will be prepared with a mesquite rub and then cooked over a combination of charcoal, apple wood and mesquite wood. Sweet potato wedges/veggies will be ‘grill seared’. We will make a baked potato side, that is lightly olive-oiled, dusted with sea salt and sprinkled with fresh rosemary. Roasted garlic mashed potatoes (and gravy) will also be prepared. Organic (homegrown) corn and traditional stuffing complete our warm offerings, along with a mixed-greens salad, served with our meal.

Dessert will be one of the following: Pie with organic (homegrown) filling. Our choices are peach, pumpkin and cinnamon-honey apple/asian pear, which is my favorite!!! (If it is raining and we can’t ride, I’m pushing for all three pies!!!) All warm and served ala mode, if desired. Real, fresh whipped cream, for those so inclined…

We try to keep it simple, but, taste is important.
    Last edited by C.J.; 11-23-2008 at 12:40 PM.
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!