Thomas
    Dec 2011

Thanks to the guys at javelina bike shop

Broke my chain about 3 miles into DC this morning. Of course I didn't replace my spare link I gave to a stranded rider out at Estrella last weekend. Guys from javelina bike shop hooked me up trail side and wouldn't let me pay em for the link. Can't thank them enough for paying it forward. I'm just glad I didn't hit Mormon/National this morning or I'd probably been walking. Again big thanks to those guys.

K3N
    Certified slacker
    Thats really cool of them. I've been in their shop a few times and thought those guys are pretty rad

mtbr member
    Very cool to pay it forward. Where is Javelina Bike shop? I have not heard of it prior to this. East side?

Thomas
    Dec 2011
    Think there shop is around Ray Rd and 48th St.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TFelix View Post
    Think there shop is around Ray Rd and 48th St.
    Yep, good guys. They do regular mt bike rides on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I was on that ride actually, they're really great people. I blew two tubes and didn't have another spare, so Jay fixed me up and rode with me the rest of the way. It was my first group ride and they really went out of their way to make sure I was okay (I crashed) and to give me pointers on how to improve. I'm looking forward to riding with them again and hope to improve a lot in order to keep up better.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Yep, good guys. They do regular mt bike rides on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings.
    What times?
    13 Trek Superfly100 AL Elite
    06 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc

mtbr member
    Both rides meet at Equestrian and Warner in Las Lomas Elementary's parking lot.
    Wednesday rolls out of the lot at 7:30pm
    Saturday rolls out at 7:00am.

Saturday is still pretty new. I think a couple times a month there will be a beginner friendly ride going at the same time as an advanced ride. The plan right now is to play it by ear and see who makes it out.
    PM me and I can add you to the e-mail list so you get more details.