Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. #1
    Rejoicing always!
    Reputation: geoffmayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    111

    Thankgiving in Mesa...gotta ride!

    All right, all you fine, upstanding people, I will be in Mesa at my in-laws for Thanksgiving this year. I arrive Tuesday afternoon, and leave Saturday afternoon. I am looking for some rides. I will certainly hit Hawes. I have yet to do SoMo, and would love to have some company for that. I'm also looking into another ride, so please PM me because I'm looking For Others That Participate (that'd be FOTP for short. Subtle? No?)

    I had some fine company from the mtbr community two years ago. Last year was supposed to be Thanksgiving at my folks, but I broke my pelvis the hour before our scheduled departure. Hence, National by myself will likely be frowned upon by my loving and supportive wife.

  2. #2
    Addicted to 2 wheels
    Reputation: SugarHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    300
    I live right off hawse. I should be riding Wednesday afternoon, and Friday morning. You are welcome to come.

  3. #3
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,116
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffmayne View Post
    I have yet to do SoMo, and would love to have some company for that. I'm also looking into another ride, so please PM me because I'm looking For Others That Participate (that'd be FOTP for short. Subtle? No?)
    I have the info, just need your email

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BIGHORN LEW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    740
    i can ride thursday early, or friday or saturday. i am planning to ride Gold canyon (K-trail) and would be happy to show you around.
    .
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    349
    K-trail is loads of fun. It's in a beautiful patch of desert and offers a variety of terrain. You'll enjoy it.

  6. #6
    Rejoicing always!
    Reputation: geoffmayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    111
    It is now obvious that I need nail down my schedule due to the kindness of y'all! Sugarhigh, Bighorn Lew, I will be contacting you both shortly.

    Of course, if anyone finds themselves in my neck of the woods (San Diego), I'd be happy to give the local view of things.

  7. #7
    How much further ???
    Reputation: Douger-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffmayne View Post
    It is now obvious that I need nail down my schedule due to the kindness of y'all! Sugarhigh, Bighorn Lew, I will be contacting you both shortly.

    Of course, if anyone finds themselves in my neck of the woods (San Diego), I'd be happy to give the local view of things.
    I live 5 min from Hawes. Ill be in town and riding all weekend Ill be doing Hawes, Pass Mt, Gold Canyon etc etc. Be glad to meet up.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

  8. #8
    DFL>DNF>DNS
    Reputation: freeskier46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,526
    PM sent re: FotT
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

  9. #9
    Addicted to 2 wheels
    Reputation: SugarHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    300
    Planning Hawse on Wednesday 11/21 at 3:00 stage from my place (PM for address). We will ride for about two hours with little to no stops at a decent pace. Will do Twisted Sister, maybe a bit of Wild Horse. Maybe climb to the water tower and do Hawse Trail. Others are welcome to come.

    Lew and Douger, You want to ride K-Trail at 7:00 am on Friday? Ride for 2 hours or so? I can pick you up on the way Doug. Might be hung over though.
    Last edited by SugarHigh; 11-13-2012 at 01:14 PM.

  10. #10
    How much further ???
    Reputation: Douger-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    I planning Hawse on Wednesday at 3ish stage from my place. Others welcome.

    Lew and Douger, You want to ride K-Trail at 7:00 am on Friday? Ride for 2 hours or so? I can pick you up on the way Doug. Might be hung over thoguh.
    If I didnt ride hung over I would have missed about 50% of my weekend rides. All sounds good.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

  11. #11
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffmayne View Post
    All right, all you fine, upstanding people, I will be in Mesa at my in-laws for Thanksgiving this year. I arrive Tuesday afternoon, and leave Saturday afternoon. I am looking for some rides. I will certainly hit Hawes. I have yet to do SoMo, and would love to have some company for that. I'm also looking into another ride, so please PM me because I'm looking For Others That Participate (that'd be FOTP for short. Subtle? No?)

    I had some fine company from the mtbr community two years ago. Last year was supposed to be Thanksgiving at my folks, but I broke my pelvis the hour before our scheduled departure. Hence, National by myself will likely be frowned upon by my loving and supportive wife.
    Geof:

    Transition Senior and I love to ride the Gold Canyon location. Sounds like other posters enjoy riding K Trail and Tech Loop along with Gila Monster and Snowbird mixed in with Horse Trail and Vortex. The new Old Man's Drop on Gila Monster is pretty cool. If we can get a group together while you are here it would be fun to ride with you and other interested riders. Wives are certainly welcome Pick a day that works best for you.

    TD

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339
    geoff...
    send me a PM and we'll do it
    TS

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by TransitionSenior View Post
    geoff...
    send me a PM and we'll do it
    TS
    Geoff:

    If you decide to ride with TS remember he is 68 and needs to take a lot of breaks when he rides. He likes to think he is in his early 30's but life has taken its toll on him. Please be gentle.

    TD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thankgiving in Mesa...gotta ride!-darch-b.jpg  


  14. #14
    I am the Tin Man!
    Reputation: grizzlyplumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Geoff:

    If you decide to ride with TS remember he is 68 and needs to take a lot of breaks when he rides. He likes to think he is in his early 30's but life has taken its toll on him. Please be gentle.

    TD
    You say that but I just about lost a lung when I rode with him. Darch is amazing.
    Flying the HiFi...Clyde style.


    SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

    I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

  15. #15
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyplumber View Post
    You say that but I just about lost a lung when I rode with him. Darch is amazing.
    gp:

    Must be a different Darch. The Darch I know only runs 5 miles a day.

  16. #16
    Rejoicing always!
    Reputation: geoffmayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    111
    You can't fool me. 68 is simply 25 more years of training than a 43 year old. My dad is 76. He'll out-climb most folks.

  17. #17
    I am the Tin Man!
    Reputation: grizzlyplumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    gp:

    Must be a different Darch. The Darch I know only runs 5 miles a day.
    You are probably right then, the one I know runs marathons and fights grizzly bears with his bare hands.
    Flying the HiFi...Clyde style.


    SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

    I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BIGHORN LEW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    740
    Hey guys I am in for a ride but Geoff sent a pm saying he wants Gold-K on thursday at 7. What do you think Geoff? I am Glad to go when you want to Geoff.
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MtbAZ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,087
    Sometimes I think factors like weight, muscle mass, body fat %, experience, etc... are a lot more significant than how many years you have been alive... Age really is just a number...

    I think its because older folks are more likely to have less muscle mass and be overweight... so we tend to associate older with weaker and worse shape... But just because you are old doesnt mean you have to be out of shape...

    I can certainly clear more sections now then when I was in my 20's... I am 44...
    Below Par on the Gnar

  20. #20
    Rejoicing always!
    Reputation: geoffmayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    111
    Okay, here's my plan:

    I'll be doing some of National early on Thanksgiving day with freeskier46. I would be happy to do K trail(plus whatever) on Friday early with BHLew and others. Trying to find a meeting place. Wednesday afternoon I will be at Hawes with Sugarhigh. Saturday will likely be pure family time, which will include some time at McPump.

    All of this is subject to familial intercession. I am really looking forward to enjoying all y'all's home turf!

  21. #21
    SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Reputation: longhairmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,247
    the rest of the year is completely winging it for me, the holiday shoppers started kicking my butt already this weekend...

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BIGHORN LEW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    740
    It's **official ** Black Friday ride at Gold canyon, K-TRAIL system. 7AM at the Cloudview parking lot. Job 1 is to have fun. Job 2 is to burn off some Turkey. group riding pace with nobody getting dropped (for long) All genders are welcome, even if unknown! trails ridden will be determined on site. I'm in and solid. who else wants some Black Friday Gold?
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

  23. #23
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,116
    No FOTP? Tis a big time commitment, but too bad you won't be joining the ride.

  24. #24
    Addicted to 2 wheels
    Reputation: SugarHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGHORN LEW View Post
    It's **official ** Black Friday ride at Gold canyon, K-TRAIL system. 7AM at the Cloudview parking lot. Job 1 is to have fun. Job 2 is to burn off some Turkey. group riding pace with nobody getting dropped (for long) All genders are welcome, even if unknown! trails ridden will be determined on site. I'm in and solid. who else wants some Black Friday Gold?
    I am in, but not solid. Family could pull a veto.

  25. #25
    How much further ???
    Reputation: Douger-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    I am in, but not solid. Family could pull a veto.
    Isnt that the truth. Thats my biggest concern. With the twins teething these days it doesnt take much to tip the balance to a quick ride veto.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •