mtbr member

Team Races (Coed) in Area in the next Few months

Guys,
    Are there any team Mtb races (coed) in the next few months other than 24hrs Old Pueblo? I have group that might be interested. Dusk till dawn is kind the model, but will not work due to schedule conflicts. I wonder if there are others similar to it before summer roles around. Not interested in a 24 hr race at this point though.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    12 hrs of papago in january

mtbr member
    I have not done much riding out at papago. The southern part of the course looks interesting, but the canal part look boring as all snot. Will the trail get boring for 4-6 laps per rider? The winning Quad Co-ed team did 25 laps last year so that comes to 6 laps per rider about.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    I think the Barn Burner has the option for 1, 2, and 4 person teams.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    I have not done much riding out at papago. The southern part of the course looks interesting, but the canal part look boring as all snot. Will the trail get boring for 4-6 laps per rider? The winning Quad Co-ed team did 25 laps last year so that comes to 6 laps per rider about.
    Dunno never done it, but if you want to use a local race to train for OP your options are limited to that or both of you lining up for at McDowell for a marathon or xc which isn't close to the same format.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevland View Post
    Dunno never done it, but if you want to use a local race to train for OP your options are limited to that or both of you lining up for at McDowell for a marathon or xc which isn't close to the same format.
    No plans to race the 24hrs of Old Pueblo. I just have 3 other friends that want to get together to do something different. Dusk to Dawn looked like a fun thing to try, but I can't do it since I have a schedule conflict. We are not really training for anything. Barn Burner is a long way off.
    Joe

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Dawn to Dusk in December

mtbr member
    The clippedinaz website is great for upcoming race information:
    Race Calendar | Arizona's #1 Cycling Resource
    Hey guys, lets go play bieks!

mtbr member

Team Races (Coed) in Area in the next Few months

Quote Originally Posted by JoePAz View Post
    The race is fun as ****. The canal portion is boring as hell, but the event is really fun.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Need more cowbell
    Papago is a fun race.

This is video of our team from 2 years ago....gives you a good idea of the day.

mtbr member
    12 hours in the Papago is a great race. It has a little bit of technical and the canal gives you time to open it up and rest a bit. This will be my 3 rd year doing it. It is one of the ones I really look forward to doing.

The Next 100 Miler
    Do teams ever post on the forum looking for fill-in riders? I'd love to get in on some of these longer team races. I fall in to the old-n-kind-a-slow category, but I can grind out the miles.

OT: Joe, what cars did you race? I run Spec E30 with NASA, mostly in Socal. I've also raced FF and historic FA. Ya, I have the racing bug!

mtbr member
    Mark P. I raced 944 spec with NASA in Arizona mostly, but did some So-Cal races and Nationals in 2009. I started in 2002 when the class started and took a break following the 2012 Cal Speedway Race. My car racing focus turned to bikes instead. I found that I could ride bikes more often, for less money and less time away from the family. Plus I got in much better shape too. Still miss the car stuff and will return to it.
    Joe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 28/29 WIT View Post
    12 hours in the Papago is a great race. It has a little bit of technical and the canal gives you time to open it up and rest a bit. This will be my 3 rd year doing it. It is one of the ones I really look forward to doing.
    Ok Sounds a definite possibility. I am working it out with the the rest of my team.
    Joe

The Original Suspect
    I rode the Papago race last year. Well organized and a hell of a lot of fun. There's a little bit of everything on that course. It gets more challenging with hundreds of people on it. I plan on doing it again in January as a part of a quad team. I rode the course the other day for the first time since race day last January. The tech parts are a bit looser and I think the climbs are as well. I think a few good rains will help with training but the course gets pretty torn up by the time the race happens. The canal is boring but it allows you to hydrate and put the pedals down. My group are all 45+ and for most of us it was our first race. We ended up doing 17 laps.

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    I am not sure but I think the Attack the Crack is a team or solo event and it's coming up soon. I haven't done it so I can't give details.
    Two Wheel Events - Lake Havasu Thanksgiving Mountain Bike Run and Fun
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan