No Clue Crew

T100 - Mine Drop Loop

Can't count how many times I've ridden by this marker and not noticed the entrance to the loop. I guess it's possible that I saw it years ago when I was riding more but never thought to investigate. Since getting the singletrack map I've been checking things out. I should suspect that every post is an intersection.

You make your way around the south side of the mountain and start a climb up in some loose, rocky stuff. A little bit of HaBin' to get to the top where you can see the trail as it winds around another mountain:

Once you get around that you find yourself on the edge of the mountain heading toward Cactus Road.

On the back side heading back towards T100 is a couple loose climbs followed by one loose, DEEP, downhill heading back to T100. LOTS of loose rock & gravel that is deep. If you lose your line and hit the deep stuff you could go down hard. I had a get off when I hit the loose, deep stuff, but I wasn't bombing down it so just stepped off as I lost the front end.

I suspect clockwise is the preferred way since the uphill to the saddle is loose, rocky, and chutey. Would've been fun down, which is how I'm gonna try it next time

mtbr member
    Yep, not sure I've ever seen anybody climb UP the hill.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

No Clue Crew
    According to the GPS I only walked a little less than 300 feet (placed waypoints so I'd know) but it didn't seem like that far...

mtbr member
    I rode that loop on Wednesday morning, and that short downhill spot is much deeper/rocker than it was 2 months ago. Thankfully I have my trusty ks950 seatpost to get me down such sections!
    I think I'm not as good as I thought.