Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Support Search and Rescue

802 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Maadjurguer 
#1 ·
Hey MTBRer's, two fund raiser events are being held for the Coconino County Search and Rescue Team. These are the volunteers that drop everything to rescue us when the we get in a serious jam on a remote ride. Come out, have fun, see some great films, and hear about one of the most remarkable technical rescues ever done in a slot canyon.

The first event is in Flag at the Orpheum tomorrow night (Tuesday). It's $10 bucks to get in and all net proceeds go to the SAR team for training and the purchase of technical rescue gear.

The second event is in Tempe Wednesday night.

The event is being put on by American Canyoneers so the films are oriented toward technical canyoneering. I'm privileged to MC the event and I hope to see some fellow riders there. More information here:

Coconino County SAR Fund Raiser | American Canyoneers

Rich Rudow :cool:

#3 ·
This event is a great place to learn more. The head of the Coconino County Sheriff SAR team will be present and so will the head of Emergency Services for Grand Canyon. Both agencies have solid volunteer programs. I would be happy to introduce you. Just look for the guy with the mic and the big mouth (a dangerous combination!).

Regards,

Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.