Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sunrise Sonoran Preserve

945 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  metalaficionado 
#1 ·
How many of you guys ride sunrise trail in Scottsdale? How often? I was just curious to see how many other bikers ride sunrise and what other descents around Scottsdale they would compare to the east side of the mountain.

#3 ·
Sunrise trail is the easiest of the climbs in the McDowells, most mountain bikers can handle it because it's the last chunky of all the trails out there. The only other descents made of similar decomposed granite are in the north end, TT north & East End. All other trails in the McDowells are chunkier and take more effort to ride.

How often they get ridden depends on the weather. Summer maybe once a month during rare breaks in the weather like a cloudy day. In the winter there'll be riders out on the trails everyday.

#4 ·
I have know clue what trail your talking about, because I would not call sunrise the easiest climbs in McDowell's, and the descent is what im looking for not the uphill, as far as similar descents I was referring to the length of the Downhill and the steepness, the type of rock does not bother me,

#5 ·
Well, you need to get up there, right? Sunrise IS the easiest of the major climbs in the McDowells. The best comparison for the DH would be Bell Pass to the east from the saddle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.