Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

SUNRISE/Candy...Semi Colon Sad Face

Sunrise
    Here's the deal and I am sure most of you feel the same. Went to Sunrise a few weeks ago with a small crew for the first time for some Gnar and had an insane time. Got 8 runs in before the lifts were shut down. The crews running the lifts, all Indian, made it even better. Totally laid back and chill and were going tit for tat with us joking around everytime us riders got up to the lifts.

Well this past Sunday rise was packed, as expected, which was no big deal. However the white boys down at the bottom of the lift became a huge problem within the 3rd lift up. Heath, Raf, and I came from the line just to the left of the lift and noticed Roy chillin in line. We stopped and stood near them having a conversation about suspension setup's and what trails they were going to hit next. Once we were done we were going to head to the back of the line like respectful riders. Well Red face white guy comes up and insist that we have cut the line already once and that we need to stop talking and get to the back of the line. Well after that my mood went south, it probably did not help that I mouth'd off to him telling him "I wouldn have a problem going to the back of the line if I was not being accused for something that we did not do or planned on doing".

After sitting in line for ten minutes because the two idiots up front were letting three and four gondolas (dont know how to spell and the girlfriends enet is too frigin slow) go up empty we got to the front again where the portly white guy, wearing a poison bike shirt, came up to us and proceeded to tell us again to not cut the line and dont argue with him. Well we had dropped the issue but retard number two lit our little fire again so this time Heath got into it with him as did I. I think my favorite one liner from him was "this is my lift" or "you guys are going to mis us but we aren't going to mis you". There was so much said by him and his goon that made no sense and just erked us more that we only got 3 rides in.

I will apologize now to the family that I did cut on my last ride from the top, I am so sorry for cutting it so close to your children, I was in such a fit of rage from those idiots at the bottom that I was not focused on what I was doing and feel horrible for buzzing you like that.

What confuses me the most is that it was the white dudes at the bottom that had the crap attitude. Yet the Indian dudes at the top were totally enjoying themselves and us. Whats even better is that I talked to the dudes at the top about there hombres at the bottom and they laughed and asked what their problem was. That mountain has so much potential for both snowboarding and downhill yet the politics and attitudes are complete crap. And it was the caucasians that had the issues with us. I was so ready to have a white on white hate crime go down but did not want to ruin the day for everyone else.

Candy

Syck mountain, A-line is my new all time favorite! Some syck lines on there some wicked killer kickers and booters with proper lips. Down side stupid frigin ADULTS at the bottom

Last ride, running with a wollow'd out drive side pedal, already in a somewhat crap mood people wise due to sunrise coming through the flat bottom section of the tree's right before the camp site. All of the sudden there are large tree branches laid out in the middle of the trail. Well some hobble over them almost wrecking while others stop and walk over. I almost wrecked into a rider in front of me just because neither expected the multiple tree branches.

Well I get off my ride and proceed to move the damn logs after that an older gentleman, we will refer to him as denim dan do to his denum tux comes up to me and tells me to put the tree back in the way of the trail. Im like dude you trying to cause and accident for no reason and potentially hurt even possibly kill a rider? He comes back with "we have been dealing with you guys for the past three days and we just want to have a simple dinner to ourselves." I returned with "thats fine but why not put a sign up further in the trail or come talk to one of us and ask us if we could find a different trail around" the massive open area that is a national forest/campground that has suddenly become your personal parcel of land? I also stated there is no reason to potentially cause an accident or kill somone which he then stated "well how bout i put some string up so one of you can really get killed?" I returned with "your a fvcking idiot, way to be an adult and handle the situation like an adult." after which three other adult men in there 40's chimed in, about the string idea which I then realized that I was dealing with some blue collar idiots that dont have an once of reason in them and think that the world revolves around them and there own personal needs on a public site. Whats even better is that later on they parked their truck in front of the trail and Heath almost rammed right into it. I almost wish I went for a fourth run so I could of had a reason to go full speed into the side of there rig.

All in all I thought roadies were, at times, a pain in the ass but after these group it seems that if you are on a DH period you are the sudden scum of the earth. Now I do think that all in all i could of handled the situation between me and the retards (no riders of coarse just the idiots aroudn the area) I encountered just a bit better, but you have to be kidding me. These people have left a bad taste in my mouth and I thought I should post up about it.
    Last edited by Phil Damnit; 09-07-2010 at 07:55 AM.
    Customtacos.com is my facebook

dirt visionary
    I saw a guy almost take a kid out that didn't know which way to jump out of the way . This was right at mid lodge and we were above. A close call for the kid and that kids was crying afterwards.

The one white operator has been and will always be a d!ck . We were up there on the 3rd weekend and he was b!tchng that there wasn't enough attendace and us dh's suck . This weekend I asked so looks like your in a better mood this weekend with more people around . He said na glad you bastards are going back to the valley .

He also has a habit of tossing bikes around more so if you say something.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Yeah as Heath said right after he got on the gondo, "that dude needs to take a chain tool to the neck" and I take full responsibility for almost taking those walkers out, granted all of them were walking all over the damn place that there wasn one good line to take to get around but I was in such a fit of rage that I didn notice my approach speed. I hope that white dude is up there come snow board season. Too many of us snowboarders go up for it to matter if I beat the living tar out of him for them to shut down the resort. Or maybe it will be a win/win. They shut it down for the skiers and snowboarders and then they all have to be stoaked for the DH'ers and actually put some effort forth into making a killer park... Jesus Candy is a quarter of the moutnain and shows huge potential on just one run.

Alive and Lurkin'
    I saw you causin' trouble at the bottom of the lift. That hard workin' liftie was just doin' his job. And then you go shoutin' out about your girlfriend with the hugh t!ts! Nice job BTW, you got a chuckle from some of the ladies closer to where I was at.
    Oh and yeah, the buzz on the top was a little fast...then my buddy lost his brake lever on a crash on Slippery Rock.

Chutes and ladders needs more ladders IMHO. Upper chutes and ladders (which we found after a bit of exploring) should be called "German Virgin" because its goodentight.
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    They all need work but dont want to work with us to make it happen. And I wondered what happened to you guys on chutes. Damn foreigners, cant handle a little yank Gnar lol. And that would be Ex-Girlfriend with huge tits, now I got a hotter new girlfriend with smaller boobs but way better in the sack. She made up for the retard lifty and camper last night.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I thought all the cartoon characters were on the trail after fungus ..(?guess not) thanx to all the action on these boards I devirginized myself and finally made it up there I Understand the addiction can't wait till next season ,,,,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelina
    I thought all the cartoon characters were on the trail after fungus ..(?guess not) thanx to all the action on these boards I devirginized myself and finally made it up there I Understand the addiction can't wait till next season ,,,,

You obviously did not read the first post.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yah got the first post....however I was referring to the lift operator ...Butch in the rental shop was way cool and can't wait to get back up there again when the snow flies ....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Damnit
    ...I came from the line just to the left of the lift and noticed Roy chillin in line. We stopped and stood near them having a conversation about suspension setup's and what trails they were going to hit next. Once we were done we were going to head to the back of the line like respectful riders.
    I saw a picture or two of the lift line from Sunday's session, and it look miserably long.

Sunrise is the only lift DH'ing I've done, but I have spent a good portion of my life waiting in line with my skis on. When the line gets long there, and the queuing system is disorganized, I know I get a little antsy when people start crowding the lift. I'm fairly certain the lifties get edgy too, especially after people start complaining about cutters.

Alive and Lurkin'
    Quote Originally Posted by u2metoo
    I'm fairly certain the lifties get edgy too, especially after people start complaining about poop-cutters.
    FIFY
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    This is why I would never travel anywhere on Labor Day weekend. There was tons of trash left behind all along 89A today.

mtbr member
    No one complained about us dude, nor did we cut line or ever give the notion that we were going to. Homeboy was just being a dick because he could get away with it. And when you watch 3-4 gondo's go up empty with a line wrapping back to the burrito shop someone is def not doing there job right. But to be honest I had no issue with the line till he accused us of trying to cut in line, you wanna call me out on crap I didn do then I will call you out on crap you should be doing.

suvlako
    This thread really helps relations between the dh community and SR. Thanks. Colon starting parethesis.

banned
    No lines at Northstar...

Alive and Lurkin'
    Maybe they had to implement the Texas Two-Some Rule. There were quite a few hefty heffers in the line.

Couple that with the general disorganization, and boom! Sunrise happens...

and for all those that can't tell, I was only giving Phil a ribbing. I don't think he was doing anything wrong, and the lifties were waaay on edge. I thought Poison Spider guy was going to have a hemorrhage from all the lifting all day. And the guy that came over to talk to you Phil ...I could hear him get tense as he was making his way over there...fi fie fo fom...stomp stomp stomp
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro
    Maybe they had to implement the Texas Two-Some Rule. There were quite a few hefty heffers in the line.

Couple that with the general disorganization, and boom! Sunrise happens...

and for all those that can't tell, I was only giving Phil a ribbing. I don't think he was doing anything wrong, and the lifties were waaay on edge. I thought Poison Spider guy was going to have a hemorrhage from all the lifting all day. And the guy that came over to talk to you Phil ...I could hear him get tense as he was making his way over there...fi fie fo fom...stomp stomp stomp

LOL TEXAS TWO-SOME, I just dont get it man I had a blast three weeks ago till poison shirt and troll boy showed up and ruined my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    This thread really helps relations between the dh community and SR. Thanks. Colon starting parethesis.
    It wasn posted to help relations, it was to spread the word. Who knows maybe if more people know what we are dealing with maybe things will change. Whats the worst that can happen troll boy and red face see this post along with denim this is my camp ground dan and realize how ratard they are?

suvlako
    Phil,

Not sure how "maybe if more people know what we are dealing with maybe things will change" will help things? I have been up there many of times and talked to Poison Spider dude and he was cool as **** to me. We talked Moab and lifts and he was nothing but friendly and hospitable. I find it funny that by your own admission, you handled things poorly and expected a different response from him? Why did you not take the moral high ground and act like a representative of the DH community? There are ways of making your grievances known and making a complaint without putting people on the defensive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    Phil,

Not sure how "maybe if more people know what we are dealing with maybe things will change" will help things? I have been up there many of times and talked to Poison Spider dude and he was cool as **** to me. We talked Moab and lifts and he was nothing but friendly and hospitable. I find it funny that by your own admission, you handled things poorly and expected a different response from him? Why did you not take the moral high ground and act like a representative of the DH community? There are ways of making your grievances known and making a complaint without putting people on the defensive.

SUV you must be smoking mad rocks, he must think your cute or something. Everyone that was up there this past sunday had an issue with poison spider in some way or another. We had dropped the issue and were ready to shred till he came over puffed up and brought it up yet again. And its hard to take such said "moral high ground" when you are accused on the spot for something that never happened. What I wish I had handled more respectfully was the two little kids that I buzzed. I should of got my composure handled before jumping on the bike at Sunrise and should of reported the guy from the campground to the Rangers out at Candy.

dirt visionary
    I am going to agree that dude has not been nice one time in the last 4 years. Even when you try to be nice to him he just has some smart a$$ hate comment to make. On a side note after I tried to be nice and getting an ear full from him the other guy with the hat came over and said don't worry we're not all like that .
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

banned
    Good to see that the mood has shifted around here from banning people for even mentioning Sunrise to this pile of sh*t thread...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    I am going to agree that dude has not been nice one time in the last 4 years. Even when you try to be nice to him he just has some smart a$$ hate comment to make. On a side note after I tried to be nice and getting an ear full from him the other guy with the hat came over and said don't worry we're not all like that .
    See and thats what I dont get, I was all stoaked for another SUNRISE run after my first time up. All the dudes running the lift were chill, messin around, and having a good time. From what I was told homeboy gets paid if he works or not, if thats the case why does he even show up? I'd be hard pressed to give them anymore of my money for next summer, almost questioning it for snowboarding season at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by <-meathucker->
    Good to see that the mood has shifted around here from banning people for even mentioning Sunrise to this pile of sh*t thread...
    No one made you click on the link, but hey thanks for playing...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    No lines at Northstar...
    No lines at Winter Park, Sol Vista, or Keystone.
    Bullsh*t is the glue that binds our nation.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp ThAAng
    No lines at Winter Park, Sol Vista, or Keystone.
    And I bet the lifties enjoyed your company as well? As long as work picks up Im sure a colorado trip will be in my future for next summer.

mtbr member
    that sounds sucky! makes me glad I ride to the top :} - Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours. Quote, Richard Bach. happy trials, ya'll - dumping rain in Flag, but upper B-Bank was sweeeeet yesterday! - Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Damnit
    Whats even better is that later on they parked their truck in front of the trail and Heath almost rammed right into it. I almost wish I went for a fourth run so I could of had a reason to go full speed into the side of there rig.
    that would have showed them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast