parenting for gnarness

Sunday - Windgate\Bell

somewhere around 7 (depending on responses) from the Bashas. I am not very strong right now with a bad back, this is going to be a rehab ride for me. I don't mind getting dropped, or waiting. Should take me 2-2.5.

Got a suspension fork
    That's not such a bad time for being out of shape - especially if you mean total elapsed, not riding time.

I'd love to join, but up in Prescott riding all weekend.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by randyharris
    That's not such a bad time for being out of shape - especially if you mean total elapsed, not riding time.

I'd love to join, but up in Prescott riding all weekend.
    2 total, with most of it riding. i don't take much in the way of breaks typically, but dont mind it on an advertised social ride.

Got a suspension fork
    You're just normally faster than me is all. I am not in my best riding shape, but I rode it two weeks ago, and it was a hair under 2 hours total time, 1h 40min riding time.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by randyharris
    You're just normally faster than me is all. I am not in my best riding shape, but I rode it two weeks ago, and it was a hair under 2 hours total time, 1h 40min riding time.
    i am definitely not faster than you, i just keep moving.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'm game. See ya Sunday.

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    i am definitely not faster than you, i just keep moving.
    well anyway - have a great ride and looking forward to joining next time.

mtbr member
    I may come. I've never ridden any of the passes up there and I've been out of the saddle most of this summer (just spin class at the gym). If I get my bike fixed up on Saturday, I'll shoot you a message. I will be slow most likely so no worries if you stop or go slow!

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    I wish I could go so I could redeem myself for the last ride I slinked home on with you, but alas, hiking with the wife in the manana. I've never done any passes either and a guided tour would be nice. And I think that your bad back recovery ride is me riding strong. You plugged along Javalina pretty good the other week, especially riding a big-ish bike. Next time I guess.

We started this morning at PMP at 7:30 and the temps were great. The sun didn't start to bite until 9ish. With some cloud cover you'll have a pretty good ride.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

parenting for gnarness
    bumping start time to 6:30 FIP from the Bashas at Bell\Thompson Peak. could be 4-8 folks (you know how it goes with maybes...) of varying speed and experience on these trails, so a little more coolness will be key. Social ride with regroups, but still looking to be off no later than 10.

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    bumping start time to 6:30 FIP from the Bashas at Bell\Thompson Peak. could be 4-8 folks (you know how it goes with maybes...) of varying speed and experience on these trails, so a little more coolness will be key. Social ride with regroups, but still looking to be off no later than 10.

6:30 eh?

DFL>DNF>DNS
    I'm planning on making the trek up there from the QC. Like a few other folks I too have not been on either pass. I'll do my best to keep up!!

"No Clue Crew"
    May have to see id Cenobite39 wants to bail on PMP and head that way. He's nursing his knee and I'll be on SS, due to National carnage on the El Guapo. I'll post up if we're a go................Drew

My other ride is your mom
    I'm in since I had to jet back down to the valley prematurely from my pine studded bliss...

"No Clue Crew"
    Looks like Cenobite and I are riding PMP tomorrow AM. 6am @ the 7th street parking lot just south of Thunderbird. You guys have a blast over that way!............Drew

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for instigating the ride Cholla! That was good! It was great riding with you guys!

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleGerl
    Thanks for instigating the ride Cholla! That was good! It was great riding with you guys!
    my pleasure, it was good to ride with you finally. your fitness was right there, great to see.

BBC - glad to see it looks like you made it home ok. the last guy up said he was pretty sure you turned around, so we waiting a bit longer then headed on and asked some descending hikers to pass word on.

My other ride is your mom
    trails seemed smooth today, I was kinda surprised at that and the nice cloud cover we had heading into mid morning.....made it refreshing.

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    trails seemed smooth today, I was kinda surprised at that and the nice cloud cover we had heading into mid morning.....made it refreshing.

Cloud cover was a life saver this morning!..........Drew

Eleven - it's one louder
    Nice to meet you all today. Chollaball, thanks for the invite. I could not keep up with the pace right from the parking lot. I was at 155-160 bpm pretty quick and 30 minutes in I had to stop for a couple minutes at first short, steep hill. I was surprised I could never 'get my wind' since I've been riding well lately. Only got a glimpse of a couple of you on a ridge after that. I asked a few hikers if they saw a large group of riders and one hiker said 3 bikes was it. I wasn't exactly sure which way you went so I just rode over the Gateway Saddle and down the Gateway Trail to the pavilion. Fun trail, but I need to continue to get faster and fitter before I can keep up with such a fast group. Were we on the Windgate Trail initially, and what was the rest of your route? I looked at a map and can't figure it out.
    Today's solid oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground. -Anonymous

DFL>DNF>DNS
    I'm glad I made the drive up there today, nice to meet everyone. A bit disappointed in myself for sucking wind so bad going up Windgate, but that's how it goes sometimes. Gives me something to shoot for the next go round. Since I stopped a bit more frequently on the climb I'll post a pic or two that I snapped before my camera's batteries died. Thanks again CB for posting up, I can only imagine how strong a rider you must be when your back is well!!

-John

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Did anyone track the ride? I'd like to see the GPX if possible, thanks.

Sunday - Windgate\Bell-20100814_846.jpg

Sunday - Windgate\Bell-2010_09_12__6794.jpg
    Last edited by freeskier46; 09-15-2010 at 10:09 PM.