lurker extraordinaire

Sunday Sedona Ride?

Any Sedona locals riding on Sunday that don't mind me tagging along? I've ridden some of the trails there a few times with a group, but I'm still not familiar enough with them that I want to take off on my own and try to figure out a route.

We're going to come up Saturday afternoon and spend the night. The family is gonna go up to Flagstaff for a few hours, which gives me some time to hang out in Sedona and ride.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDesertRat View Post
    Any Sedona locals riding on Sunday that don't mind me tagging along? I've ridden some of the trails there a few times with a group, but I'm still not familiar enough with them that I want to take off on my own and try to figure out a route.

We're going to come up Saturday afternoon and spend the night. The family is gonna go up to Flagstaff for a few hours, which gives me some time to hang out in Sedona and ride.
    Rat:

We will be riding Sunday and could show you something specail. Is there something special you might want to check out?

TD

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    always a good day in AZ

lurker extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Rat:

We will be riding Sunday and could show you something specail. Is there something special you might want to check out?

TD
    Hey TD. Thanks for the reply. I've ridden Highline, High on the Hog, Hangover, Cow Pies, Munds Wagon, Slim Shady, Templeton and probably a couple others that I'm forgetting. I've always ridden there with a group (you know one of the guys, I believe) so, despite having ridden those trails, I'm sure I couldn't find my way back to any of them on my own.

I'm not really familiar enough with what all is out there outside of those trails that I just mentioned, so I don't really have anything in mind that I am thinking that I want to do this time. All of the trails that I've ridden there have been awesome, so I'm sure whatever you guys have in mind to ride will be lots of fun.

I'll send you a PM.

Thanks again ...

Shred...it's the new drug
    check voicemail...training for sedona ride on somo tomorrow morning?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Rat:

TD
    I might be able to get on a Sunday ride. Where are you meeting at and what kind of ride might I expect?
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    I might be able to get on a Sunday ride. Where are you meeting at and what kind of ride might I expect?
    Probably will end up on Last Frontier and may do Christmas Wash for the people who want some rock and roll.

Maybe: Ledge'n'Airy to Drano to Last Frontier to West Civ to Cockscomb to Christmas Wash to New Years Wash to Girdner to AZ Cypress to Girdner to Two Fences to Dry Creek Road. With an optional to skip Christmas and New Years and do Dawa to AZ Cypress to Gidner to Two Fences to Dry Creek Road.

Let me know. Check out my Maps (https://sites.google.com/site/sedona...ingtrails/home) to see where we are going. Most of those trails are on Map 2.
    Last edited by traildoc; 07-08-2011 at 11:20 AM.

mtbr member
    what time will you guys start this ride Sun? I might be able meet you guys there, from PHX.
    Not a great gnar rider, but like the off-radar trails up there.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZona View Post
    what time will you guys start this ride Sun? I might be able meet you guys there, from PHX.
    Not a great gnar rider, but like the off-radar trails up there.
    RZ:

We are going to start at 8:30 AM. in west Sedona. Let me know if that works for you.

TD

mtbr member
    8:30 works for me, if I decide to come up. Starting off Dry Creek Rd, somewhere right? Same rd we worked on the Aerie trail? I may be on orange mc (or Toy FJ), with a white HIFI 29er.
    Rob

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZona View Post
    8:30 works for me, if I decide to come up. Starting off Dry Creek Rd, somewhere right? Same rd we worked on the Aerie trail? I may be on orange mc (or Toy FJ), with a white HIFI 29er.
    Rob
    RZ:

Great to have you join us for a special Sunday ride. The rain Saturday night helped with almost perfect trail conditions. Thanks again for helping with the rescue of our beloved Gotcurves. Without your help he would probably still be up on Transcept trying to get down to the Verde Valley School Road.

I was hoping to run into Tuna up there, but we only saw two hikers along the route. That trail is really fun and challenging, but needs a couple trail improvements to make it more rideable for my wife and me. I didn't remember you saying how you liked it.

TD
    Last edited by traildoc; 07-11-2011 at 11:40 PM.

mtbr member
    as always, I enjoyed riding with you Sedona folks, which take me on some trails that are unknown to me. Like that Transcept? trail! With the couple of obvious spots that need some work, its a fun/challenging option from Highline.

Would have enjoyed it more, but sometimes stuff happens, injuries, weather, and mechanicals are all part of the game. Glad I could help him. He was totally trashed, dehydrated, out of water, going into heat stroke, and giving up....no way was I leaving him at that point. BTW, he should get a Biff head wrap to keep his chrome dome protected and cool..UV protection, evap cooling on the head really helps.

Thanks to you, Janet, and the rest for the another good day. See you next time.