Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shred...it's the new drug

Sunday 8.15.10 Hawes Night Ride?

Should be fun! Bringing a newb to hawes out for the first time...aka DesertRat. Planning on doing the lazy man shuttle thing, but we'll get to the goods quicker instead of doing the walgreens pedal of death... Post up if you're interested. Starting around 9ish. Bring lights and bike and bevy's for post ride. Planning on knocking off bout 10 or 12 miles of various loops, but mostly down

Ridin bikes is fun
    Sounds like fun, I'll see if I can make it. Since I can't seem to get up early enough to shuttle SoMo with you.
    Better than most, not as good as some.

lurker extraordinaire
    I've actually been out to Hawes a couple times, but I'm not familiar with the trails at all. I know that I rode Twisted Sister, the Mine Trail, and a few others that I can't remember at the moment but, yeah, I guess I'm still a Hawes newb. Should be fun though, as long as I can avoid all the cholla in the dark!

sandbagger
    bob i might be down to take my fatty bike havent used that light in a while, and havent rode hawes in a while eaither, the pedaling may hurt but it is needed.
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

Team Tortuga
    I'm 70% in for this right now. I haven't ridden Hawes at night in a long time!

sandbagger
    Bob I got my shuttle trailer up and running
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

sandbagger
    Time to bust out my light

TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

Nice guys!!! shoot if we got enough maybe we'll have to bring the van out Big bikes, little bikes, HT's we've rode them all out there and have just as much fun as the rest. Just make sure those lights are charge I'm getting stoked for this as I won't be riding until then...unlike those lucky saps in Flag today I'm ready to try my new gravity dropper out too!!!

Team Tortuga
    I'm in for sure as well as my buddy Scott. Post up official start times when u got em.

We gots lots of room. Meet at walgreens around 9ish. Post up so we can have a head count and don't leave anyone behind. I'm getting stoked up for some shred down!!!

sandbagger
    I'm pissed I either have glass or rosebush thorn in the pad on my foot so its infected and swollen. Ill try test ride first but doubt I will make it ..... dang
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

dude...stop walking on glass. that sucks...hope you can make it!

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    light charging! I'm in!

Almost time!!! Meet us at walgreens around 9ish if you wanna roll out...power and thomas, look for burgundy vehicles with bikes!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Looks like I might make it out there. If anyone has a light I can borrow that would be great, mine only lasts for about 45min to an hour

So we're still meeting at 9ish if you're all still interested...we're not bringing the van but should fit everyone in the truck and the escape at the bottom. We'll get you back to your cars some how

Ridin bikes is fun
    Bob, it's late and I hope you see this but I'm not going to make it. My light situation is not good right now. Hope you have fun though.
    Better than most, not as good as some.

Team Tortuga
    boo dave! On the real, we are driving in from Glendale and currently on the 202. How is the weather situation? We are watching brilliant lightning storms out there! We are still coming but wanted to check in.

Team Tortuga
    Nice ridin tonight fellas! Thanks for postin the Tour de Hawes El Noche. Bob laid out a very nice route and some midnight gnar was had!

some rtrue midnight gnar was had!!! I had a get off and andy had a real good one. Great riding with some new faces and putting them to mtbr handles...It's mad dusty out there!!! we need rain. Lots of lighting in the distance to keep us moving and creatures lurking behind every bush and every cactus looking to bite you...one bit scotty. I love my Gravity Dropper!!! This thing was built for hawes... And did I mention I love my Magic Shine!!! Almost too bright. We might have some rentals soon for you without lights. Not too many pics but here's a couple.
    P8140005
    andy ripping on a borrowed light
    P8140002
    see...too bright
    P8150006
    post shred...notice cooler with ice cold bevy's and ice for andy
    P8150008
    true gnite gnar!!!

sandbagger
    wish i could have made it, i can barely walk today , im calling the doctor when they open
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

mtbr member

Good job! Thanks

Hey this is Scott. Thank for letting us tag along, was a great ride! One of my better rides out their. You'll have to come check things out on the west side for a nightride with us. Thanks and I hope to be invited again!

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryBastard
    Hey this is Scott. Thank for letting us tag along, was a great ride! One of my better rides out their. You'll have to come check things out on the west side for a nightride with us. Thanks and I hope to be invited again!
    Depending on when and where I'd be up for a west side night ride. Looking to tryout my Magicshine 900. I'm no hardcore DHer but I'm willing to take a fall once in a while so everyone can have a good laugh...

Quote Originally Posted by big0mike
    Depending on when and where I'd be up for a west side night ride. Looking to tryout my Magicshine 900. I'm no hardcore DHer but I'm willing to take a fall once in a while so everyone can have a good laugh...
    a couple of us took a fall or two for the comedy of the group...especially andy

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Quote Originally Posted by latedropbob
    a couple of us took a fall or two for the comedy of the group...especially andy
    I got an arm to match my leg now. Next time when I think the air is too hot, I'm wearing the pads any way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast