mtbr member

Summer stoke is not over: Sunrise Video

surfndav and I headed up to Sunrise for a little lift area riding.

I know I could've ridden a lot more aggressively, but I still had a hell of a good time.

Go git ya some whilst you still can.

Here is a little vid of the day:

!@#$%&!
    Very cool! I saw that long skinny log and thought, "that looks crazy". Cool to see you ride it.

parenting for gnarness
    awesome stuff sammay, good riding both of yuz. i thought Sunrise was more jumps, cool to see all the features too.

Shred...it's the new drug
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    awesome stuff sammay, good riding both of yuz. i thought Sunrise was more jumps, cool to see all the features too.
    you mean "cheese" wedges...not many of those either

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    yeah, what latedrop said. There really don't have a big sequence of jumps, hips, table tops there. And the feautures aren't actually 'life or death'. There are a few tight drops on Stix and Stones.
    I certainly skipped the some of the big boulder rolls, I just don't really like the brakes on my Stinky, and it isn't all that agile.

The log roll was actually kind of a confidence builder, as my skinning riding skillz pretty much suck. It is isn't elevated to all that high, but it certainly had my full attention.

"No Clue Crew"
    Very cool Vid Sammy ! Looks like you guys had a good day up there.

Ridin bikes is fun
    I just want to take a moment and thank the good lord for inventing pads and full face helmets. I agree with Sam, not a lot of death defying stuff, but lots to keep your attention. The last time I was there I thought I would never do the log roll. It was easier than I thought it would be. My next attempt which was not filmed was not as pretty. My rear wheel did not quite make it onto the log. Three dudes were stopped at the top looking at the log roll and I thought I'd roll up and show them what's up. They had to wait for Sam to roll it after I cleaned up the wreckage from my feeble attempt. Fun times for sure.
    Better than most, not as good as some.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by surfndav
    I just want to take a moment and thank the good lord for inventing pads and full face helmets. I agree with Sam, not a lot of death defying stuff, but lots to keep your attention. The last time I was there I thought I would never do the log roll. It was easier than I thought it would be. My next attempt which was not filmed was not as pretty. My rear wheel did not quite make it onto the log. Three dudes were stopped at the top looking at the log roll and I thought I'd roll up and show them what's up. They had to wait for Sam to roll it after I cleaned up the wreckage from my feeble attempt. Fun times for sure.
    well done! way to push yourselves.

when i did the park in Tride, people on the lifts were like "so, you're a serious biker..." and I'm all like "no i suck, that's why im wearing all this stuff!"

mtbr member
    Is that shoot & ladders? Finally back open? sweet.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoyR6
    Is that shoot & ladders? Finally back open? sweet.
    Yeppers, pretty fun stuff.

Mental note # 73: I noticed another tree to ride on Chutes and Ladders. It was pretty short, but it was about 4' off the ground.

I love bike!
    Nice fellas. That last bit with Dave crashing looks really nasty...nice effort. Looks like mucho funno!