lurker extraordinaire

Summer Night Rides

I think I may have posted something along these lines last summer but, oh well, I'll try again.

Anyone here do regular night rides during the summer? I'm in the East Valley, somewhat close to South Mountain. I'd like to hook up with a group that rides at night on somewhat of a regular basis. I know I can't be the only mountain biker around here that isn't a morning person!

mtbr member
    There's an almost weekly Thursday Night Ride, but it happens on the West-Side -- in Estrella Mtn. Ranch. The drive is probably 45+ min. for ya'.
    Brian "Harvey" Roberts

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    Quote Originally Posted by phichibri View Post
    There's an almost weekly Thursday Night Ride, but it happens on the West-Side -- in Estrella Mtn. Ranch. The drive is probably 45+ min. for ya'.
    Says you Harve, I wish you would change it up to a Friday or Saturday night some time then I could join you.
    I do my night rides at the Phoenix Mountain Preserves almost nightly now that the weather is warm enough. Problem is I go riding after work and most people can't or won't ride with me at midnight and finish around 2am.
    If you want come on by and ride with me, I start at the far west end near Shaw Butte Mountain, when I'm back to healthy shape again I will try to beat Randy's TT time up that sucker on my SS but with an easier gear than last time i tried.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

EDR
    I'd love to do a few more runs up/down Natty at night. Post up, I'll be there if at all possible. Need to be in the Pima lot before 7, still kinda bright and hot out...

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    Riding Wednesday night early for once, 7pm. t-100 west end

as usual my schedule is all over, I will be riding Wed hitting the trail at 11pm. maybe I'll see some of you, say hey
    Last edited by TacoBeer; 06-15-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

lurker extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    I'd love to do a few more runs up/down Natty at night. Post up, I'll be there if at all possible. Need to be in the Pima lot before 7, still kinda bright and hot out...
    Are weekdays or weekends better for you?

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDesertRat View Post
    Jim, There is a group doing Weekly Wednesday DC night rides. They meet 8:45 at Pima. Word is they are doing one tonight Monday the 13th as well. I'm going to try to make Wednesday night if I am not to whooped from AM shuttles.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDesertRat View Post
    Generally weekdays..early in the week. I work not to far from SoMo, till 6pm-ish so a ride at 7 works out.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    A few of us are planning on taking our weekly Wednesday Night Night Ride at SoMo this wednesday from Pima at 7:30 and head up National. The lot closes at 7pm, so we've got a line on some coorporate parking off of Piedmont.... Feel free to join.

As far as east valley night rides, we've been hitting it every Wed now that the weather is hot and we're east valley based. Its SoMo this wed, but we've gone to San Tan and Gold Canyon a few times too. I'm sure Hawes is coming up on the list, and we've chatted about a little PMP, even though it is more centrally located. If anyone is interested and you're on FB, send me a PM and I'll get you in the event group so you can follow along and join in. The more the merrier! I'll try and post here too, but my social media time is waning these days as my job actually requires me to work now.....
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

lurker extraordinaire
    Cool. This Wednesday? I'll definitely join. I'll send you a PM with my FB info too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit View Post
    A few of us are planning on taking our weekly Wednesday Night Night Ride at SoMo this wednesday from Pima at 7:30 and head up National. The lot closes at 7pm, so we've got a line on some coorporate parking off of Piedmont.... Feel free to join.

As far as east valley night rides, we've been hitting it every Wed now that the weather is hot and we're east valley based. Its SoMo this wed, but we've gone to San Tan and Gold Canyon a few times too. I'm sure Hawes is coming up on the list, and we've chatted about a little PMP, even though it is more centrally located. If anyone is interested and you're on FB, send me a PM and I'll get you in the event group so you can follow along and join in. The more the merrier! I'll try and post here too, but my social media time is waning these days as my job actually requires me to work now.....

lurker extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by abcnorte View Post
    Jim, There is a group doing Weekly Wednesday DC night rides. They meet 8:45 at Pima. Word is they are doing one tonight Monday the 13th as well. I'm going to try to make Wednesday night if I am not to whooped from AM shuttles.
    Sweet. Thanks for the info. I knew I wasn't the only night owl!

mtbr member
    There is a weekly wednesday night ride to the PMP that leaves from the Slippery Pig bike shop at 7PM

livin' the dream......
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones2 View Post
    There is a weekly wednesday night ride to the PMP that leaves from the Slippery Pig bike shop at 7PM
    My friend has been doing this ride for the last few weeks and has had a good time with the group. I might try and get on this one tomorrow night too. Rode PMP last night after work and had a great ride! Once the sun drops behind the mountains, it is awesome!