Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Summer gloves?

Summer gloves?

A while back I found these great summer gloves from AXO for cheap - since they were discontinued. Bought a couple of pair, but now the last pair is wearing out. So, I'm looking for some good summer gloves. Cheap would be awesome, but I'm willing to pay a little more for good quality.

Looking for full finger gloves that will breathe well in the heat. The 661 Raji looks good, but tends to get dinged for not being durable.

Anyone have experience with the Raji gloves? Or have other suggestions for good summertime full finger gloves?

mtbr member

Summer gloves?

Check your local Moto shop. If you aren't partial to sweat wipers on the back you'll find they have lots of options. For Mtb. I tend to like the Fox gloves from my local bicycle shop. No protection on the back of hand, no padding on palm and very lightweight.

Sent from your Moms phone using Tapinthat.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    Check your local Moto shop. If you aren't partial to sweat wipers on the back you'll find they have lots of options. For Mtb. I tend to like the Fox gloves from my local bicycle shop. No protection on the back of hand, no padding on palm and very lightweight.

Sent from your Moms phone using Tapinthat.

Good idea on the Moto shop. I'll try that.

I love the Fox Digit gloves, but want something even lighter. My current summer gloves are perforated, so air flows through - even on the palms.

mtbr member
    I like Pearl Izumi Gel Select FF Gloves. About $35 or so. Top is pretty much all mesh, bottom is leather with gel inserts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    No matter how hot I always wear full fingered gloves..... doesn't matter what season it is.... getting gravel pushed up under your fingernails or your fingernails peeled off ruins the mood.... doesn't take much of a fall to mess up your digits.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    ^^^^ ditto on full finger year round here.

My other ride is your mom
    I have a white (well....they used to be white) pair of gloves from DaKine that I really like. Plain leather palms, no padding, lightweight, porous white backing. They've held up for the past year...so I think that's a good test of durability. I bought them at Flag Bike Rev...not sure what model, but they were the only ones with no padding in the palm.

EDR

Re: Summer gloves?

Fox Incline are cheap, very lightweight, no padding and last pretty well. Been using the all year-round for many years.

mtbr member
    Another vote for Dakine, and another vote for forgetting which ones. Outlasted my Fox gloves by a significant amount.
    “Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.”
-Grant Petersen

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I run the Raji but ya they get worn pretty quickly. I also run the 401 gloves from 661 and they breath well and last a bit longer.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

Closekids.com
    I have two pair of Troy Lee Designs gloves and ride them year round. They are superstars when it comes to holding up as I've never replaced either of them in over 3 years. I ride once a week minimum.
    Me to my riding buddy, "Want to ride this afternoon?"
    Him, "I can't. I have to chop this guys foot off at 2".

parenting for gnarness
    I've used these over the years, not bad for all season. I also like the Fox Reflex gel, also pretty cheap. Either would be more than enough protection for your style. I like some palm padding for falls.

Amazon.com: Spenco "Heat Wave" MTB Gloves, Medium: Sports & Outdoors

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    damnit now i have duran duran in my head

mtbr member
    If I'm not mistaken, AXO became 661, so your old gloves may be the Rajis. They've been my go-to gloves for many many seasons, and I used to buy a new pair or two as they wore out, just to "stock up". Over the last few years, they've gotten cheaper and cheaper (not $$, but quality). This year I ordered two new pair, and they're the worst ever. Really thin, and poorly made. One started coming apart at the seams after just a couple of rides. Fed up, I went looking for better replacements. I bought a pair of Oakley factory lite gloves and really liked them... so I bought another couple pairs. Just for context, I think Oakley anythings are for posers, and I never wanted to own anything of theirs. BUT - these gloves are great. Just what the Rajis used to be in their prime, only better. Now the Rajis are just pushed to the back of the drawer waiting until my next spring cleaning. Give the factory lites a try.
    'Bones

mtbr member
    29 inches just did a review of a bunch of 'em: Summer Gloving: MTB summer gloves for summer fun.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by idaz View Post
    29 inches just did a review of a bunch of 'em: Summer Gloving: MTB summer gloves for summer fun.
    Where can I buy some 29er specific gloves?

mtbr member

Summer gloves?

Specialized low down. I clipped a tree the other day, removed some bark from the tree, pinky is a little sore and the glove looks like nothing happened.

thanks all for your input. lots to think about here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dtownmtb View Post
    thanks all for your input. lots to think about here.
    If your main concern is hot weather i don't think anything can beat the raji's. I've got several pairs from different model years and they're all holding up fine with normal wear.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Try Deft. Good light, thin moto glove on top.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBones View Post
    they've gotten cheaper and cheaper (not $$, but quality). This year I ordered two new pair, and they're the worst ever. Really thin, and poorly made. One started coming apart at the seams after just a couple of rides. .
    Same thing! New one's came apart at the seams in one day. Thought it was just a fluke with my set.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    you dont need to wash them until they start standing up on their own... its kind of a sweat rigor mortis that sets in

mtbr member
    oneindustries.com makes a glove called the vapor. these are what you want. very tuff and well made. pull on style with no wrist straps. bought mine new off e-bay with shipping for $18. keeps hands from getting all sweaty. I HIGHLY recommend them. oh did i mention they look good too!
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I've used the mechanics gloves for everything from military work to yard work and biking. I picked up a lightweight pair from lowes for about $20 and they have been great for about 600 miles so far....

mtbr member
    I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to wait for the gloves I ordered to arrive, and give them a try before posting.

Promotion Item 2013 Bike bicycle gloves mtb gloves cycling gloves black grey red-in Gloves from Apparel & Accessories on Aliexpress.com

Yeah, I ordered them May 29th, and they only arrived yesterday but what can you expect for $11 including shipping? Seem to be made well, worked great this morning: Nice and airy, love the pad on the palm, in the past that part of my hand would start to ache towards the end of my rides.
    I may order a few more pairs, just to have when theses are worn thru.
    I got the grey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast