Closekids.com

Sugoi Gustov Shorts - Review

I was looking for the perfect balance of weight, comfort and protection for my next pair of MTB shorts. I called reps and even an engineer at a couple companies and finally decided to try the Gustov shorts.

Other brands tried: Troy Lee Designs XC and Sprint, Specialized BG MTB shorts.

The Specialized BG were the benchmark for shorts that the lining could be removed and worn comfortably for a day in Disney yet still protect my arse from biting it in PHX.

For me, the TLD were overkill. They looked great, but too stiff for XC/AM riding. IMO, if you need this much protection, you should be wearing knee pads or just get long pants.

I want something that is uber flexable, lightweight and can still protect me in a spill. So far, the Gustov is the answer. The chamois is fantastic, the fabric moves very easily, they come to the right place on my knee and have sustained 2 nice encounters with the ground well.

Everything is a balance, but these seem to be very solid for AM riding in AZ and I highly recommend them!
    Me to my riding buddy, "Want to ride this afternoon?"
    Him, "I can't. I have to chop this guys foot off at 2".

mtbr member
    I bought a pair off chainlove awhile back and while they're not my favorite pair, they're pretty good. I only wish they were a little shorter in length and breathed a bit better. That being said, I ride mostly XC. My current fav pair are the Gore Countdown