Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Suggestions to keep motivation up after a broken collar bone

Guys, I broke my collar bone last saturday. I was suppose to do the McDowell race this saturday MARC, it was suppose to be my first MTB race, it has been a real downer, need suggestions to keep motivatio up and somewhat not gain more pounds of what I already have!!!
    Gera
    Specialized HR 29er

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by gera72 View Post
    Guys, I broke my collar bone last saturday. I was suppose to do the McDowell race this saturday MARC, it was suppose to be my first MTB race, it has been a real downer, need suggestions to keep motivatio up and somewhat not gain more pounds of what I already have!!!
    if you become a fat sack of crap you will never get laid again.

you're welcome.
    speedy recovery.

Shred...it's the new drug
    I broke my elbow at the beginning of February and finally got cleared to ride...I think I'm in better shape now than when I was riding 2x a week. Do what you can to stay fit and then you'll be back on it quick!

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Tons of bike vids got me through my broken leg and buying new gear. At least you can spin. Get a bike trainer if you don't have one and plop it in front of the tv.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    MCL complete tear 2 years ago, I was down for months but I worked out the upper body and whatever I could. Now I just finished 50 miles of the Whiskey and feel incredibly strong.

Moral - as soon as you can start physical therapy and exercise as much as you can.

I am Walt
    I ride 3-4 x per week, year-round, and do alot of events, so riding is important to me.

I tore my triceps tendon 2 1/2 years ago, had surgery, and was off the bike for ~4 months. Missed Old Pueblo, among other events.

Last September, I crashed hard and tore my shoulder up (separated, full thickness tear of rotator cuff, biceps tendon torn off humerus). I kept riding, but finally had surgery in mid-December, and just started riding again a month ago after 3 months off the bike. Missed Old Pueblo again, among other events, including the Whiskey last weekend.

In both cases, I just tried to be the best surgery/rehab/PT patient possible, so I could get back on the bike as soon as I reasonably could. No sense sulking about it, just follow your doctor's or PT's instructions, and do whatever else you can do.

It actually goes by quicker than you think...good luck!
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks guys, for all the comments.. Definately keeping myself busy will be helpful..Look like i am lining more towards having the surgery, eventhough i still have some doubts.
    Gera
    Specialized HR 29er

mtbr member
    What you can do in the spare time is research all the great rides you gonna do when you heal up. I actually, sometimes draw maps in garmin connect so I can follow along using my garmin.

There are tons of PDF maps out there for all Phoenix Parks and other great places around the city - let me know if you need any.

Oh and check out the Ray's GPX's he just posted- tons of hearty long rides there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

things you can and should do.

#1 dont push a comeback. Heal and get strong first.
    #2 pound as much brocoli as you can. You get more calcium from brocoli than milk after the age of 3 .
    #3 learn about raw food diet, raw will give you the micronutrients your organs brain and nervious system require.
    #4 get some sun, or tan for 5 mins a few days a week. This will keep your mental health up.
    5# once you feel like riding, dont. Keep bike stationary and practive moves, off then back on the bike over and over. Remember, you need to be able to take a fall and not take a serious hit.

The key to your comeback is going to be some strength training, once you back to riding start putting on some miles on road or light trail. This will bring back confidence and cardio capacity. Your going to need this to win.

Did you know all the top athletes are going to pure vegan diets, no meats or dairy at all. Sleep, fruit sugars and lots of distilled watter will keep your glycogen high which is the winning combo.

Dont slack, stay focused, time to get moving with those increadable legs that god/nature endowed you with.

Become leaner, stronger and with higher endurance. Only you can do this and you can do it. Be patient, be persistant and you will win.

Carry dates and water all the time.

If you slack, the entire forum is coming for you for a legendary beat down.

Dont get owned by bloggers lol.

Follow these tips and you will be good as gold in no time.

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear about your collarbone. Can I ask if you got it plated/pinned or are just letting it heal? That makes a huge difference. If it is plated, there is little reason (unless there is other soft tissue damage) why you can't start riding your bike on roads or canal paths. Really short rides to start. Also, with either method, you can begin hiking as soon as you have minimal mobility. IF you are prescribed PT-GO! A good PT can make a work out plan for the rest of your body as PT will be exercise for the injury and surrounding area. You will be much fitter when you can ride for real.
    Another thing to do is stay involved. Make fun of us on here, volunteer your time at races and find every MTB site and book you can and devour info. Keep your mind engaged. There are many profiles of great athletes that overcame injury to return to sport, find some info on them and see how they did it-just reading that stuff can motivate! Good luck!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs1231 View Post
    #1 dont push a comeback. Heal and get strong first.
    #2 pound as much brocoli as you can. You get more calcium from brocoli than milk after the age of 3 .
    #3 learn about raw food diet, raw will give you the micronutrients your organs brain and nervious system require.
    #4 get some sun, or tan for 5 mins a few days a week. This will keep your mental health up.
    5# once you feel like riding, dont. Keep bike stationary and practive moves, off then back on the bike over and over. Remember, you need to be able to take a fall and not take a serious hit.
    A lot bad advice here, 1st listen to your orthopod but...

#1 don't push a comeback?? I stayed off my bad leg for too long i.e. FEW DAYS and all I got is muscle atrophy and tendon/muscle shortening. Start PT as soon your MD clears you

#2 Tums have even more calcium, wtf?
    #3 Raw diet FIXES EVERYTHING, right.
    #4 phototheray, ok I will give you that
    #5 I don't where to start here...

I have never seen anyone with so much negative rep before.

mtbr member
    Masterbation....

Yes, I went there. I AM that guy.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post

#1 don't push a comeback?? I stayed off my bad leg for too long i.e. FEW DAYS and all I got is muscle atrophy and tendon/muscle shortening. Start PT as soon your MD clears you

No kidding, I didn't even know you could get a red one.

You gonna show Saturday night?

Cory? you gonna show?
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    unless you breastfed thru college

NedwannaB
    Me thinks you're still Whiskey delusional....
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chipolopolo View Post
    No kidding, I didn't even know you could get a red one.

You gonna show Saturday night?

Cory? you gonna show?
    I am going to sit this one out Steve. I am not much of a night rider and BCT needs my full attention. I accumulated too many injuries I need to heal from already.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post

Well dont worry, because now i got ur id and will be with you leg and leg for ever.

Thank you so much for making it easy fo me.

This is fantastic,

Lets see, after lance armstrong got cancer his comeback diet omited all dairy and all meat. Look it up tough guy.

Durian rider just won a 6000 k race on nothing but vegan plant food. Another race in central park , he passed thousands of other competitors. No meat, no dairy.

You dont have a clue to what you are saying. If you did you would understand what it takes to win.

But i know your type very very well. I did alot of homework on sociopathy and endoctranation techniques.

I can tell you right now and everyone who reads this. You are either a liar or have not done any real research what so ever.

Reputation ratiing in this forum is not a way to measure posting quality.

I have seen the pro corporate bs speils one after the next and i view it as manipulative and deceptive.

its all bs and anyone with half a decent mind know this. You dont think there are groups of people in here getting paid to attempt to shut down anything that is not mainstream.

Wake up, the best most interesting bloggers are allways ridaculed .

You can take the rating system and go cuddle with it. Good luck with that.

To the original poster, follow those steps, dont listen to the whyners and cheats that lie all day long, they are not worth the space they take up.

Sleep, sugar , water, vegan food means rapid recovery and a higher quality of life.

If not, go choke down trash you dont need and that wont help you and beleive these nancies and their lies. Its realy your choice.

I stand by my words, hundreds of hours of research, decades of profesional experience and a incatiable need to expose the truth and be healthy.

Mainstream is trash and everyone knows it. People that allign them selfs with a pro corporate censored version of reality are mentaly ill.

Bad thing is, they are a dime a dozen. Hords of fools buying every lie out there.

The same lie says you need a carbon bike to win a race. Its all bs amd its all trash.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Ya listen to the ortho thats leaned on by the medical assosiation, the same organization camped on by the fraudulent FDA that has allowed biotech corps to pump out the most deadly drugs in human history. That has killed more people than all illegal drugs combined multiple times over.

Oh sure listen to those fools.

Dont beleive me, there are now over 100 million americans on psycotropic drugs.

What a joke, people that reply with such trash are a black eye to our entire world. These people are idiots and sickofants.

the universe will provide. People have lived on fruits, vegitables for thousanda of years, is it ajy suprise that pro athletes operate and peek performance when utilizing this diet.

Ok what makes sense to you ? You are stranded in a jungle. Are you going to chasing after animals with a stick ??? Get hurt one and your done. No , you are going to eat what is easily attable, fruits, nuts, veggies.

The idea of people running around taking down big animals is a bad joke.

Use ur damn head.

mtbr member
    I fractured 2 ribs this past december... I had to lay off "mountain" biking for about 2 months... For some reason the impact of trail riding would aggrevate the injury and re injure it until it healed for a long time..

However, I was able to road bike during this time and I grew to love it.. So, if that is a possibility switch to road biking for awhile..
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Masterbation....

Yes, I went there. I AM that guy.
    Actually is spelled mastUrbation... I am the guy who actually cares about its spelling..
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    my personal strategy for safety simply involves riding like a ***** and taking the easy lines...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Well a lot of good advice here(CollegeBreastfed, Collegebreastfed) jajajaja, thanks you very much!!! Dr. talk about a plate! not sure what is the difference between plate and pins...I will ask next appointment..If I do have surgery I should have it next week thursday!

That is the plan, to stay on road until confidence comes back and fit level goes back to where it was..Hopefully do my first race/ride by the end of year. In the meantime I recover and enjoy the family...
    Gera
    Specialized HR 29er

mtbr member

Suggestions to keep motivation up after a broken collar bone

Plates are good! I have many friends who have resumed motorcycle road racing just three weeks after surgery. Painful for sure, but they did it so a few weeks out and you should be able to ride smooth stuff. Oh and one subsisted on a diet of Jujubees and Mountain Dew because he did his research on the interwebs. So more proof that meat and dairy are evil lol.

Sent from your Moms phone using Tapinthat.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

NedwannaB
    Well a lot of good advice here(CollegeBreastfed, Collegebreastfed) jajajaja, thanks you very much!!! Dr. talk about a plate! not sure what is the difference between plate and pins...I will ask next appointment..If I do have surgery I should have it next week thursday!

That is the plan, to stay on road until confidence comes back and fit level goes back to where it was..Hopefully do my first race/ride by the end of year. In the meantime I recover and enjoy the family...
    I had plate/screws plus toenail drywall screws :@ (carpenter speak) on mine and had them removed after ~ 6mo as I only had about 80% ROM and pain/irritation with camelback straps even with one of those car seatbelt chamois things. Way better soon after 2nd surgery, and still together after several years/several attempts to check the Ortho Doc's handy work!
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Ok what makes sense to you ? You are stranded in a jungle. Are you going to chasing after animals with a stick ??? Get hurt one and your done. No , you are going to eat what is easily attable, fruits, nuts, veggies.

The idea of people running around taking down big animals is a bad joke.

Use ur damn head.
    Jackie Chan say wat?
    Name:  epic-jackie-chan-template.png
Views: 471
Size:  31.7 KB

You are aware that humans in Africa used to literally run down large prey and kill it before the advent of weapons, right? They would(and in some places still do) slowly run after an animal for hours on end until it overheated and collapsed. Once it's down, kill it with your hands.

In North America, Indians used to incite a stampede and run whole herds of buffalo off of cliffs before the development of bows or the introduction of firearms.

The argument that followers of the cult religion of veganism make that humans never were supposed to eat meat because we don't have claws or fangs if completely out in space. Humans don't have claws or fangs because we didn't need them. The ability to make tools and a brain(something no vegan can ever claim to have) to use them are our teeth and claws.

Damn man, if you're going to spread that moonbat vegan dogma, at least be somewhat educated in the crap you so passionately rail against.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast