mtbr member

Street / Urban areas in Mesa?

Any good places to session in Mesa or Tempe? Preferably NE Mesa. I wont make it to NRA or Hawes today but still want to ride tonight.
    Thanks
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoyR6 View Post
    Any good places to session in Mesa or Tempe? Preferably NE Mesa. I wont make it to NRA or Hawes today but still want to ride tonight.
    Thanks
    pit below Red Mtn Park

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    There are now 3 indoor parks in that area that allow bikes, they all suck but it lets you ride wood ramps which I have been missing. Also chandler and Tempe both have free parks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Addicted to 2 wheels
    What are you looking for exactly? You want it lite up at night too? Can you show some examples/links to ideal?

There is a skate/bike park off Broadway and Gilbert area. It is mainly a huge bowl with a two easy jumps/tables. I skate it from time to time. It could be fun on a mountain bike, but I have never seen one there.

mtbr member
    Bike den do the indoor parks suck cause they were built for skateboards? I know Kids that Rip allows bikes in for special nights but what is the other indoor ramp?

SugarHigh I think you're referring to Reeds Park. I've been down there a few times on my full squish FR bike and my hard tail DJ.

What I'm looking for is stair gaps, retaining walls, wall rides & other man made or natural terrain to throw myself off of. Preferably lit up at least a little. Sometimes office complexes, and strip malls offer good riding, but it's hit & miss.
    Got Daytons on the Motha Ship - Cube

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Yeah just like ktr the other parks were built for little kids, but it's still fun every once in a while to go upside down into the foam @ extreme jump and skate. The other one is by far the best but it's so dam far, it's called az grind. Your prolly not that far from Chandler bikepark it is amazing as long as you don't mind getting shown up by a 5 year old and repeatability being asked why your wheels are so big.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Yeah just like ktr the other parks were built for little kids, but it's still fun every once in a while to go upside down into the foam @ extreme jump and skate. The other one is by far the best but it's so dam far, it's called az grind. Your prolly not that far from Chandler bikepark it is amazing as long as you don't mind getting shown up by a 5 year old and repeatability being asked why your wheels are so big.