IMBA south west

Stolen Yeti SB66 - Tucson, AZ

My bike was stolen today (Aug 15, 2013) in downtown Tucson, sometime between 2:45 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. I was parked in the parking garage underneath the main library in an IMBA logo-ed Subaru Crosstrek. The bike was on a Yakima rear hitch rack, the thief cut the cable, likely with bolt cutters or similar. Here is a full description and some photos attached. Please keep your eyes open, as it may turn up on a trail, at a trailhead or in a bike shop.

Yeti SB66, medium frame with a couple of IMBA stickers, turquoise. Fox 36/Kashima fork, Fox RP23 rear shock. DT Swiss wheels, Continental Trail King rear tire (little bit worn), Schwalbe Hans Dampf front tire (little bit worn), KS Lev dropper post, WTB saddle, Thomson seat collar, SRAM X7 shifter, SRAM X9 rear derailleur, Gamut chainguide, SRAM X9 cranks (1x10), Time pedals (well used), Shimano XT brakes - a noticeable feature is that I run them reversed/Euro/moto style - left lever is rear, right is front, Truvativ stem (black, very short), Race Face Atlas bars (blue, wide, 780mm), ODI lock on grips.

Our friend Jon, the local SRAM rep has offered some SRAM schwag as a reward for it's return, which is very generous. I'll add a bottle of Irish Whiskey to that reward, and a bottle for Jon too. If you have any info, Jon and I will get these rewards to you. Please spread the word, forward this email and photos to your friends, post on Facebook, forums, etc. Please feel free to post my contact info (below) too.

Thanks, Patrick

Patrick Kell
    Southwest Regional Director
    International Mountain Bicycling Association
    802-371-9033
    patrick.kell@imba.com
    International Mountain Bicycling Association

Stolen Yeti SB66 - Tucson, AZ-sb66-photo-1.jpgStolen Yeti SB66 - Tucson, AZ-sb66-photo-2.jpgStolen Yeti SB66 - Tucson, AZ-sb66-photo-3.jpg

Plus size jersey model
    Dang bummer man. Posted it on the Tucson forum and on a few FB pages. The more eyes the better. If someone is riding it though should be easy enough to spot since there are no Yeti's around here.

mtbr member
    Dang, that sucks. Will keep an eye out in Flag. There's not many Yetis here either. When my bikes were stolen out of my garage (2 mtb and 1 road bike) all three showed up on Craigslist, one of them within 24 hours.
    "Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.

IMBA south west
    Thanks for helping spread the word, I appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Have you checked with whomever is in charge of said garage? Most garages have security cameras throughout them. Might have a video of your thief

I swear the day my bike is stolen is the day I go on a lifelong manhunt with vengeance!

Also hope you logged a police report.
    "This fish who keeps on swimming, is the first to chill upstream" - 311

mtbr member
    Try searchtempest.com too
    San Diego needs singletrack

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I was doing my morning "Rodie Ride " on my new SB95C this morning ( I only have use of one arm so I have to ride road for a bit ) and I was overtaken by a group of 7 or so "Rodies" and they really 3rd degreed me on where I got the bike , how long have I had the bike and are you sure its not stolen ......,

I guess they saw this stolen Yeti post and thought it was the stolen bike , the Yeti will stand out , and I hope you get it back soon !

IMBA south west
    sorry for the hassle, really I am. But it's good to see that folks are on the look-out.
    We should all be on the look-out for each other

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by IMBA south west View Post
    sorry for the hassle, really I am. But it's good to see that folks are on the look-out.
    We should all be on the look-out for each other
    Im Glad for the 3rd degree , if that was my bike I would be pissed ( as Im sure you are ) I am happy that people got the message and are looking , ....besides the "Rodies" actually talked to me today instead of looking really strange at me and just grunting .
    I will spread the word and be on the look out as well !!

IMBA south west
    Thanks! There is a reward too - some schwag courtesy of the local SRAM rep and i'll bring a bottle of Irish whiskey back after my trip home there in December.

mtbr member

Re: Stolen Yeti SB66 - Tucson, AZ

SOB!!!! I'll be on the lookout on the east side. I ride Mt. Lemmon, AZT, and Fantasy Island regularly.

Start searching for all those same components being sold by the same seller too in case they try to part it out.

Specialized Epic 29
    Intense Tracer 29

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Stolen Yeti SB66 - Tucson, AZ

There is a 2012 sb66 on CL for $1250.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Just saw this on CL: 2012 yeti sb 66 will travel. Says it's in Casa Grande.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Yep, note its got photos of two different bikes, one of which is parked outside Redstone Cycles in CO. I think that's the OP's rig.

mtbr member
    I hope the OP gets it back, but unless the seller swapped a lot of parts, the two bikes pictured are different than the OP's bike.
    Different tires, saddles, seatpost, handlebars etc...

I change my mind. The two pictures of the bike are stock photos from a google search of 2012 yeti sb66.
    Too much coffee this morning, I'm all jacked up!

Vitamin Bike Added
    Seller is out of cads grande but has a Tucson area code
    Keep the rubber side down

Vitamin Bike Added
    Op what was your serial number?

Vitamin Bike Added
    Quote Originally Posted by cjvdbeek View Post
    Just saw this on CL: 2012 yeti sb 66 will travel. Says it's in Casa Grande.
    Anyone get there hands on this guy? I admit I was initially excited and was going to pick this bike up off him today but because the price was so good and the post seemed newbish I thought I would look for any 'stolen sb-66' posts first and here it is. I planned to still meet him to see if I could instead see if it was the OPs bike but the guys has since gone AWOL. Anyone get in touch with this seller? OPs bike? Thief laying in a pool of his own blood?

Knollician
    I dropped Patrick an email with the link. Hopefully he will get a chance to reply.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

IMBA south west
    Hey guys, thanks for the Craigslist links to the Yetis for sale. The one is Case Grande is not mine. There is one for sale in Tucson, which looks like mine. I have alerted the Tucson PD about it, and hope they take action.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    they should have a tv show dedicated to videos of stolen-bike recovery sting operations in AZ... kinda like 'bait-car'

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    they should have a tv show dedicated to videos of stolen-bike recovery sting operations in AZ... kinda like 'bait-car'
    I'd watch this...especially if the thieves were publicly flogged by a crowd of drunken cyclists
    "This fish who keeps on swimming, is the first to chill upstream" - 311