mtbr member

Stolen SC Heckler

My white santa cruz heckler was stolen from my garage tonight. I live off 75th and deer valley. XO drivetrain, Joplin post, x321 wheel set. Just wanted to put the word out. If anyone see's anything on CL, please !!!shoot me a message. thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    That sucks, may the fleas of a thousand camels eat their ass or some such sense.

On a related note, how does everyone get their bikes stolen from the garage (it seems to happen a lot)? My garage is pretty secure (I think) so just wondering if there are any weak spots you could clue is in to so we can beef them up.

mtbr member
    Props to Glendale PD found my bike this morning with some little shits drinking in the park.
    As far as garage security goes, not much you can do but never leave it open. Had it tucked behind my ol scout at the front of the garage. They moved both my kids bikes and leaned them on the door to the laundry room, pretty ballsy. Guess the heckler just got his own room inside. Thanks again to the GPD

mtbr member
    May 2005
    This is why garages aren't as secure as you think.

Garage security tip!

If people want your bike, they will get it. Do what you can to make it more difficult. Inside the house is great. For those with wifes who would kill us if we did that (or don't have room to do it), at least lock your bike up in the garage which is what I do. Also, try to limit visibility if you can for people who might be driving/walking by.

PS Glad you got your bike back.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin75 View Post
    Props to Glendale PD found my bike this morning with some little shits drinking in the park.
    As far as garage security goes, not much you can do but never leave it open. Had it tucked behind my ol scout at the front of the garage. They moved both my kids bikes and leaned them on the door to the laundry room, pretty ballsy. Guess the heckler just got his own room inside. Thanks again to the GPD
    I imagine they'll be back at that park sooner or later.

How did they enter the garage?
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    I left the garage door open and they hit just after sundown. They
    knew it was there, it wasn't visible from the street. They wouldn't cop to it, said it was there when they got there. Cops took em for minor consumption.

parenting for gnarness
    if you have windows, black them out.

As per the video in the link, get rid of the garage door quick release rope, and lock door's quick release - something simple like wire will be enough.

Use some sort of chain or cable in your garage - some bolt it to the floor, to large items etc. You can buy 30 ft. security cables from Home Depot for about $20.

buy insurance - this is the best investment you can make.

Push the PD to prosecute to the fullest.

mtbr member
    if you had camera in garage and video - you would have proof and and PC could charge with theft, trespassing, perjury(lying to cops), etc.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin75 View Post
    I left the garage door open and they hit just after sundown. They
    knew it was there, it wasn't visible from the street. They wouldn't cop to it, said it was there when they got there. Cops took em for minor consumption.
    Lead in the ass cops/prosecutors here. But, that also can work to the little thuglets' detriment, too .
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmike2112 View Post
    This is why garages aren't as secure as you think.
    They are very secure if you close them.... The garage door was left open, that is why this particular bike got stolen...
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

banned
    Aug 2012
    Glad you got it back ... I bet you'll close your door, from now on.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbAZ44 View Post
    They are very secure if you close them.... The garage door was left open, that is why this particular bike got stolen...
    I'm guessing you didn't click the link in my post? Not saying the original poster had this happen to them, but a garage still isn't as safe as you would think. Sorry for trying to put helpful information out there. I guess I'll stick to lurking more.

Dianetics Junior
    I'm guessing you didn't click the link in my post? Not saying the original poster had this happen to them, but a garage still isn't as safe as you would think. Sorry for trying to put helpful information out there. I guess I'll stick to lurking more.
    link appreciated! I went out and zip tied my latch...took 30 seconds. Thanks man!

mtbr member
    Its helpful.... and I did see the link... My garage takes way too much force to un latch for anyone to be able to do this...

So I should rephrase... "My Garage Door" is very secure if it's closed...

Sorry for the buzz kill

There should also be a mention of not leaving your opener in your car if you park outside... A lot easier to smash glass than to
    fish a hanger in a garage with no windows...
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

mtbr member
    Here's my garage rig... you can get this heavy ring at Home Depot and the anchor bolts to mount it in the floor. They also sell the heavy Kryptonite cable and master padlock, so it's one stop shopping. Not bomb proof, but maybe give the d-bags a little pause, or slow them down enought to give you time to remember you forgot to shut the garage door. Thieves suck balls. Remember to get the hammer-in sleeve anchors as the ones with hex nuts on them can be easily unscrewed when the little bastards look up and see your set of wrenches hanging from the peg board.

mtbr member
    I have a monitored alarm and instead of alarming the door to the garage I did the side access door and added one on the big garage door. I don't want to lose any of my toys

mtbr member

Stolen SC Heckler

I like the mount in the slab idea. But make sure your floor is not the post tension style. If so, and you have issues with your foundation or cracks in walls it could be a downer with your homeowner insurance. May even show up on seller inspection I have been told.

Also- I just removed the t handle from my garage release rope. I do not have windows so the "fish" method won't work for thieves, and if there is fire with power outage- my family and I could still escape. Also- take note of your bikes serial number as well as pics. Pics of scrapes on wheels and such are positive ID for recovered parts. And get insured!

Sent from your Moms phone using Tapinthat.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Anyone else wish we could mount an automated sentry and legally kill anything that decides to randomly show up in our garage?

I frequently picture the sentries from the original half life. If it moves, kill it!

There are many problems with this idea, such as me forgetting its armed and being blasted by my own sentry...but in a perfect world, I would approve!
    "This fish who keeps on swimming, is the first to chill upstream" - 311