mtbr member

Stolen fate 29er!!!

I AM LIVID AND SO DISGUSTED WITH THIEVES!!! We were broken into (EXHALE BIKES) and my FATE 29ER WAS STOLEN! Really original with my cable routing, carbon roval wheels and blue foam grips. These bikes aren't out there and aren't available. Please keep your eyes open and call if you have any information (602) 548-0567
    Wonder Whip! "Keep it rubber side down!"

mtbr member
    That sucks to hear. How did they get in? I thought your shop was all fortified with roll up doors and such.

mtbr member
    Thank you...They sure found a way unfortunately - always an eye-opener how to lock it up even more, sadly though it boils down to such measures
    Wonder Whip! "Keep it rubber side down!"

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Bummer. Hope you get your stuff back. Break ins are lame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi, I think I just bought your bike from a police auction... Please pm me, and if we can determine with s/n our other means that it is in fact yours, I'll give it to you for what I paid.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    is this the one you bought?
    Auction Systems

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    If that IS your bike, and you just 'lost' it; wth is it doing in a police auction 1/19!!!??? Don't the cops have to hold recovered bikes for 90 days etc etc! that sucks. TS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TransitionSenior View Post
    If that IS your bike, and you just 'lost' it; wth is it doing in a police auction 1/19!!!??? Don't the cops have to hold recovered bikes for 90 days etc etc! that sucks. TS
    What are you talking about? The OP says it was stolen 6 months ago. Am I missing something here?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by smarkgraf View Post
    is this the one you bought?
    (link auction systems)
    Yes that's the bike I bought. I talked with Jessie at Exhale bikes, and she was able to prove the bike was hers via some very specific mods on the bike (drill holes, and knowledge of every component). The bike had been meticulously stripped of its' serial numbers. It's a very unfortunate circumstance. I am presuming the police couldn't link the bike to her police report, and i'm sure there is nothing organized to match descriptions of bikes with police report descriptions... that's just way too much to ask of our government officials.

Either way, long story short, Jessie now has her amazing bike back, and as a gesture of her gratitude, she let me pick from her fleet of rental bikes. We are both thrilled!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    It might have been recovered several months after the theft.
    All I know is I'm sure the people I outbid, would have either parted it out, or tried to sell/flip it as-is on craigslist. I'm not that kind of person.

We can only hope that good-hearted people do the right thing, when the tables are turned and we are missing something we love.

mtbr member
    Awesome!

banned
    Aug 2012
    KUDOS to you Jeepfreak !!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    KUDOS to you Jeepfreak !!!!

+1 Kudos!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Jeepfreak1 as in Samdogs (RIP) friends?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    What's this?

Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Well done; yes, my chronology error.
    Sweet resolution. The thief must have been caught if the cops recovered the bike; so lets be thankful for that; and for the integrity of Jeepfreak1.
    The beer is on me JF1 if you come and ride Gold Canyon.
    Cheers.
    TS

banned
    Well done; yes, my chronology error.
    Sweet resolution. The thief must have been caught if the cops recovered the bike; so lets be thankful for that; and for the integrity of Jeepfreak1.
    The beer is on me JF1 if you come and ride Gold Canyon.
    Cheers.
    TS
    TS:

I have heard of Gold Canyon, but it never sounded like it had any good trails to ride. When did things start to get better there? Does it have any fun climbing trails with descent views? Is that where they have open range and a lot of cows with long horns.

TD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stolen fate 29er!!!-longhorn_cow.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    TD; Compared with Sedona, Gold Canyon is an aspiring babe; but lots of possibilities, and yes, nice climbs, spectacular views, and, best of all, some nice equestrians and trail runners are sometimes seen; but I'll have a bull ready for you, and give you a red Transition shirt to tease him on.
    Come on down; the temp is 70 today. Smoke that in Paradise!
    TS

mtbr member
    They only stole one bike out of the bike store?