mtbr member

stolen bike: 2010 Giant Yukon FX

Hey everybody, my Giant Yukon was stolen off of my roof rack this morning. Please keep your eyes open for me! It's a 2010 Giant Yukon FX,, full suspension. It is black with blue accents, and says Giant in big white letters on the down tube. It has all black components,and a black rockshox fork. Size large. I don't know the serial number, but there's a blue berry sized dent on the bottom of the downtube, near the bb. I've filled a report with the pd,, and I'm watching craigslist. Please keep your eyes and ears open for me!
    "There's nothing like touching earth you've never touched"

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Bummer!!! I really hate theives of any kind. Where was it when it was stolen?

I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Good luck!!!

DC

mtbr member
    It was stolen off of my roof rack near 20th street and Osborn.

Andrew
    Ouch, man. A buddy of mine has one of these. Nice bike, sorry for the loss. Hope it turns up! I'm always scared to leave my bike on the rack. It has the lock, but still scared to do that.
    2012 Trek Superfly 100

mtbr member
    There's a large giant for sale on craigslist now for $20. No picture, says 21 speed, large frame. The # given says text only 480-208-1214
    I think I'm not as good as I thought.

mtbr member
    Text sent. Thanks for the heads up!

Vincit qui patitur
    We want video!!
    If it's in the Tempe Ahwatukee area I'll go with.
    Vincit qui patitur
    2012 GT Karakoram 3.0
    2012 Salsa Spearfish 2
    2014 KONA Process 153
    2013 Giant Defy
    2012 Access TCL

mtbr member
    $20 bucks !? Can you can at least come up with some believable price. Dumb criminals.

mtbr member
    Checked it out, but wasn't mine. It was a mid nineties rincon, black and red. Thanks for the heads up, though!

Meatbomb
    So, how did it get stolen?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Sorry to hear about the loss.

Because of stories like this, I'm currently fighting my girl to keep the bikes in the house. I hear about way too many bike thefts to feel comfortable keeping it out back or in the garage.

She's lucky I'm not asking to bring it to bed.

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen. There are a couple things one can do to keep a bike safe.
    -Lock it to something immovable.
    -Don't leave garage open to keep prying eyes out.
    -If you work in the garage a lot like I do, create a bike blind. I have shelving up that sits perpendicular to the wall halfway through my garage. My bikes hang behind that so you cannot see them from the street.
    -Clip the little plastic handle off the garage opener release cable. It can still be used when power is out, but can't be grabbed by a slim jim hook from outside (a common way to break into garages.
    -Use the lock feature on your garage door opener.
    -Know your neighbors and those that live on your street. When you see anyone drive down your street-look at them and wave. If they belong there, they think you're a nice person. If they don't and are fishing for something to steal-they have been identified and will likely move on.
    - Let your direct line of sight neighbors know that NO ONE but you and your homes occupants get into the garage-EVER. That way if they are watching, they will do something like call the cops. BTW-I never included my mother in law in the "allowed" list-that could get fun someday!
    -When my bike is on a rack- it gets locked at the fork holder. If it will be out of sight while I go into the grocery-it gets a cable too. Keep the cable in your vehicle at all times or you will forget it.
    -Take pictures of your bike and it's serial number. Close ups of wheel damage, other identifying marks etc in case parts end up on ebay.
    -Insure it with homeowners or renters insurance.
    -If riding to the convienence store, and you forgot a lock but will "only be inside for a second" you still are not safe. Thieves will sit and watch convienence stores that are popular with riders (especially on road biking routes). Shift your bike into the highest gear (hardest to pedal) but don't let the chain shift. That way if they try to jump on and ride they will either get chain suck or face plant. Since I run my front brake backwards (on the right side) first time they hit the brakes they will crash too! You can also run your helmet or hydration pack straps through the wheel and chain like a lock. Anything to slow them down.
    Bike thieves suck, but all you can do is try to deter them. They won't ever go away.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post
    $20 bucks !? Can you can at least come up with some believable price. Dumb criminals.
    Meth heads

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear the bike is gone

try using searchtempest It will search many areas of CL at once. It might show up in other areas like I have seen before

Good luck
    San Diego needs singletrack

Wait for me!
    I live on 30th St, just south of Indian School. I'll keep my eyes open.