Powered by ice cream.

Spruce Mountain Trails are Open

Just a public service announcement. Zero deadfall on the nine miles of Spruce trails.

Get out there.

Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks Eric, I'm there.........................

mtbr member
    My wife spotted a bear near the top hiking up the short side last weekend. I imagine it is the same one that hangs out on watershed.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Looks good over there on Spruce Mountain. Here's looking back at ya from Spruce Mountain Road. Rode there on saturday, the 27th. It was a good day until I missed 297. Glad to hear the trail is cleaned up. Maybe I'll hit that next time I come up from the valley.

From 062709_Lynx Lake Loop_Prescott
" width="549">
Today's the day I eat bikes.
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

suvlako

where is Spruce Mtn?

Where is Spruce Mountain? Any directions and description of trail?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by suvlako
    And can anyone tell me where Google is?

Thanks

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Nice. On Saturday I went up and did the Sycamore Rim trail. That was different. I highly recommend FS for it, even though there are a few very smooth sections (there are a few very rocky sections). It was nice and cool up there of course.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    I rode Spruce Mountain for the first time on Saturday the 27th. It was a lot of fun and I'll definitely ride it again. I too missed the 297 but I caught the 299 to 396 and had a great ride even though my route finding skills leave much to be desired.

Master Gardener
    Who cleaned up 307? Do you know?

suvlako

really?

Anyone see a smart ass aroound here? Sometimes google and google earth don't have trails. Hell, maps don't even have my home street on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick
    And can anyone tell me where Google is?

Thanks

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    Who cleaned up 307? Do you know?
    I saw them last weekend when I was riding down 307. Conservation Corp work crew it seemed, I think that's what the trucks said. It definitely wasn't High Gear.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

Elitest thrill junkie
    MTBR has a whole section dedicated to trails and descriptions.

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...4_4513crx.aspx

mtbr member
    May 2008
    FYI - Conservation Corps cleaned up thr brunt of the downed trees and high gear along with other volunteers cleaned up the rest a couple of weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Anyone see a smart ass aroound here? Sometimes google and google earth don't have trails. Hell, maps don't even have my home street on them.
    Evil is being Evil

Can I get some sharks with lazer beams?

my dog's Frisbee launcher
    Quote Originally Posted by humbtrfly
    FYI - Conservation Corps cleaned up thr brunt of the downed trees and high gear along with other volunteers cleaned up the rest a couple of weeks ago.
    I would like to thank Cindy and Steve-O for the good eats after a hard days work...
    you guys rocked....In celebration of a clear trail Christi and I did the loop on the tandem

BTW...if your thinking of doing this loop better get on it! the loop was cleared on Sunday and on Monday there was already one tree down (we moved it off the trail) just to many sick trees up there.

Cheers
    Last edited by befoot; 06-29-2009 at 12:56 PM.
    Darwin was an Optimist

Over the Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Nice. On Saturday I went up and did the Sycamore Rim trail. That was different. I highly recommend FS for it, even though there are a few very smooth sections (there are a few very rocky sections). It was nice and cool up there of course.
    I like that loop a lot, has a nice back country feel to it, but the rocks do wear ya down. Any water in the falls? Been there 3 times never lucky enough to have water going over the falls. KA Hill is a bit of a grind, does look tough but it just kept going up. I have always rode it in a clockwise loop next time will do it the other way.

Dean

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Sweet......nice descent on that loop for sure! Anyone know of any trails by the Wolf Creek area? Every time I ride the dirt bike to Crown King I wonder what "gems of singletrack" might be back there!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by dstepper
    I like that loop a lot, has a nice back country feel to it, but the rocks do wear ya down. Any water in the falls? Been there 3 times never lucky enough to have water going over the falls. KA Hill is a bit of a grind, does look tough but it just kept going up. I have always rode it in a clockwise loop next time will do it the other way.

Dean
    No water in the falls, but the cloud cover was nice. At first I was afraid it would start storming during my ride, but it started dissipating shortly after I started. I did it counter clockwise. I find it interesting how Cosmic Ray calls the tanks "swimming holes". I sure as hell wouldn't go in that stagnant water, ever.

• Members who have read this thread: 0