Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stevland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    538

    Special BCT Shuttle - Cancelled

    A few friends and I have arranged for GnarGnar to pick us up at Emery Henderson and drop us at the top of Antelope Canyon (Bloody Basin Rd). Expected cost is $25 a head, a bit less if we fill up completely. The plan is to meet and park at EH by 6:45a to load up and get organized and riding by 8ish.

    A few guys from the board committed via 3rd party, I marked you with a *. If you could, please respond and let me know you're in firm.


    1) Mike C
    2) Steve L
    3) John Cox
    4) myself
    5) Freeskier
    6) Ivan
    7) Rudy
    8) Mark Allen*
    9) metalaficionado*
    10) Derek B*
    11) Kason
    12) CasualObserver?*
    13) open
    14) open
    15) open
    Last edited by stevland; 11-19-2013 at 01:17 PM.

  2. #2
    DFL>DNF>DNS
    Reputation: freeskier46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,917
    What?!?! No Raybum? Is he off hiking again?
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stevland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    538
    no, not on this one, unfortunately

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ECEGatorTuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    560
    Can you put me down for a slot?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,006
    Quote Originally Posted by stevland View Post
    A few friends and I have arranged for GnarGnar to pick us up at Emery Henderson and drop us at the top of Antelope Canyon (Bloody Basin Rd). Expected cost is $25 a head, a bit less if we fill up completely. The plan is to meet and park at EH by 6:45a to load up and get organized and riding by 8ish.

    A few guys from the board committed via 3rd party, I marked you with a *. If you could, please respond and let me know you're in firm.


    1) Mike C
    2) Steve L
    3) John Cox
    4) myself
    5) Freeskier
    6) Ivan
    7) Rudy
    8) Mark Allen*
    9) metalaficionado*
    10) Derek B*
    11) Kason
    12) CasualObserver?*
    13) open
    14) open
    15) open
    Yes, I'm a firm, but *only* if you promise to not take us on a wild goosechase, and you can guarantee it won't rain.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stevland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    538
    Just follow the singletrack and you'll be fine. I'm keeping an eye on the forecast and really hoping we won't have to pull the plug. Death mud and flooded river crossings don't make for a fun day on the bike.

  7. #7
    Just another half mile...
    Reputation: Epicrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    905
    The worst of the death mud is north of Antelope Creek. There is only one short section of sticky mud south of the Glorianna TH that causes issues right after a rain (usually drys up enough within a day not to be an issue). Also, it takes a lot of rain up in the Bradshaws to get the big rivers going after a long dry spell. The forecast is not calling for heavy rain, so you guys should be good to go rain or shine. If I didn't already have plans for that weekend, I would have joined you.


    Quote Originally Posted by stevland View Post
    Just follow the singletrack and you'll be fine. I'm keeping an eye on the forecast and really hoping we won't have to pull the plug. Death mud and flooded river crossings don't make for a fun day on the bike.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RajunCajun44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,706
    anyone have a gpx of this route , thanks
    fat old man ... fueled by Mexican pastries....

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: metalaficionado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,666
    Friday
    Rain62 | 51 F
    Rain
    90% chance of precipitation
    Saturday
    Chance of Rain64 | 51 F
    Chance of Rain
    50% chance of precipitation


    Sorry guys I am out. I was originally planning on finishing the ride before 4 pm as I had prior commitment. I don't want to chance not making it on time given high probability of rain.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,006
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post
    Friday
    Rain62 | 51 F
    Rain
    110% chance of precipitation
    Saturday
    Chance of Rain64 | 51 F
    Chance of Rain
    Chance of precipitation? Does a bear **** in the word?


    Sorry guys I am out. I was originally planning on finishing the ride before 4 pm as I had prior commitment. I don't want to chance not making it on time given high probability of rain.
    Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rule number one of MTBR: "DON'T POST WEATHER FORECASTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I fixed it for you.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  11. #11
    DFL>DNF>DNS
    Reputation: freeskier46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rule number one of MTBR: "DON'T POST WEATHER FORECASTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I fixed it for you.
    At least you won't have to turn on the A/C!!

    Count me OUT as well, I've been on those segments during a light rain and it wasn't fun. No need for a repeat.
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,006
    Quote Originally Posted by freeskier46 View Post
    At least you won't have to turn on the A/C!!

    Count me OUT as well, I've been on those segments during a light rain and it wasn't fun. No need for a repeat.
    Ugh, it's THAT kind of mud, eh?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  13. #13
    DFL>DNF>DNS
    Reputation: freeskier46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,917
    Yep. As epicrider stated it's only a short section, but it's enough. I have virtually zero clearance on the Voodoo.

    That picture was taken on the stretch of trail just north of the top of the LPL before the jeep road crossing. The jeep road wasn't better!!
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: metalaficionado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rule number one of MTBR: "DON'T POST WEATHER FORECASTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I fixed it for you.
    Geez, don't kill the messenger.

    On the bright side we have the other 360 days of the year in AZ to ride when IT DOES NOT RAIN.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: metalaficionado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by freeskier46 View Post
    At least you won't have to turn on the A/C!!

    Count me OUT as well, I've been on those segments during a light rain and it wasn't fun. No need for a repeat.
    The worst part is when you have to clean this stuff up with water and then everything creaks in the bike. Then you have to regrease everything... yeah we are spoiled here in the desert.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stevland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    538
    looks like we're having to shelve this one because of the weather and lack of interest

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az3075's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    100
    I don't know about the lack of interest... I'm definitely in for next (dry) time.
    (Derek B.)

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,006
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post
    Geez, don't kill the messenger.

    On the bright side we have the other 360 days of the year in AZ to ride when IT DOES NOT RAIN.
    But that's exactly the point! You do realize that the only reason it rains is because bozos like you choose to post up false weather reports. It's a known fact that the only time it rains is when somebody posts up their weather predictions on this board.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: metalaficionado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    But that's exactly the point! You do realize that the only reason it rains is because bozos like you choose to post up false weather reports. It's a known fact that the only time it rains is when somebody posts up their weather predictions on this board.
    you need a new saddle

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az3075's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by metalaficionado View Post
    you need a new saddle
    Thanks for this... i've had a shitttty day today... but this made me laugh out loud...

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomvader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    But that's exactly the point! You do realize that the only reason it rains is because bozos like you choose to post up false weather reports. It's a known fact that the only time it rains is when somebody posts up their weather predictions on this board.
    Wait a second.... This is NOT Bart's fault! You do realize, Jeff, that you were the first to mention rain up in post #5. You cursed it! :-)
    -boom

  22. #22
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    20,166
    Special BCT Shuttle - Cancelled-bw_003.jpgSpecial BCT Shuttle - Cancelled-bw_001-1-.jpgSpecial BCT Shuttle - Cancelled-purge_037-1-.jpgDeath-mud. It kills.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cstem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,370
    I had to double take on the second pic- looked like the front tire/rim had come off!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

    "Uppercase with a space"

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 12:37 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 05:15 PM
  3. Special BCT Saturday Shuttle 3/9/13
    By latedropbob in forum Arizona
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 06:13 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2013, 03:25 PM
  5. Middle Fork Open by Special Use Permit
    By Queen Bee in forum Alaska
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •